PDA

View Full Version : How old do you have to be to be able to get a visa electron card??

Greg.!
28-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Fom
Is that a credit card? If so then 18.

Sarah.

Greg.!
28-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I thought it was 11 but im not sure

Sticks
29-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Fom

Actually I believe it is a debit card rather than a credit card

Captain.Remy
29-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Under 18 that's for sure. Then it's 16. :thumbs:

Sod_James
29-12-2008, 10:46 AM
i think i was about 14 when i first got mine. and its a debit card. but its part of a young savers thing. you cant have an overdraft on it and other stuff like that.

Hugo
29-12-2008, 10:57 AM

Fom
29-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Sticks
Originally posted by Fom

Actually I believe it is a debit card rather than a credit card

Yeh I kinda figured that with all the '16' responses. I've never actually heard of a VISA electron card, I associate Visa with credit cards. Stick with debit cards guys, credit cards are an evil world.

Tom
29-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Credit cards = evil :bawling:

I got my bill this morning, I suddenly want to send all the stuff back :joker:

Sticks
29-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Tom

Ah but a necessary evil :nono:

You need them for buying items online and for booking travel, as under the law if a problem happens with the travel company, you can apply for a refund from the credit card company. With the recent collapse of a number of airlines, something to consider

Tom
29-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Sticks
Originally posted by Tom

Ah but a necessary evil :nono:

You need them for buying items online and for booking travel, as under the law if a problem happens with the travel company, you can apply for a refund from the credit card company. With the recent collapse of a number of airlines, something to consider

Alternatively you could use a debit card and spend money you actually have, or get a pre paid credit card which is just the same as a normal one.

Sticks
29-12-2008, 04:37 PM
But equipment breakdowns do not usually wait until you conveniently have saved enough pennies to replace it

:mad:

Fom
29-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeh the only difference between a credit card and a debit card these days is that with a credit card you can go minus. I wouldn't dream of getting a credit card, I would fall into the temptation of lending money and get myself into major trouble. Why spend money you haven't got?

Tom
29-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Fom
Yeh the only difference between a credit card and a debit card these days is that with a credit card you can go minus. I wouldn't dream of getting a credit card, I would fall into the temptation of lending money and get myself into major trouble. Why spend money you haven't got?

Don't ... its fun until you get the bill :joker:

James
30-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Visa Electron is a debit card, but the difference with normal debit cards is you can't be overdrawn so the retailer has to check you have available funds when you buy something. Not that many online retailers accept them because they don't have a system in place to check.

andyman
30-12-2008, 12:49 AM
How about a pay & go gold Mastercard.. http://mycashplus.co.uk

letmein
30-12-2008, 03:31 AM
You can use a debit card anywhere on the web. Usually debit cards are tied with Visa or Mastercard, so you can use them anywhere, and it's still debit, not credit.

Debit is a million times safer than a credit card.

andyman
30-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by letmein
You can use a debit card anywhere on the web. Usually debit cards are tied with Visa or Mastercard, so you can use them anywhere, and it's still debit, not credit.

Debit is a million times safer than a credit card. Not true, some sites only take credit cards, like if buying items from america.

letmein
31-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by andyman
Originally posted by letmein

Debit is a million times safer than a credit card. Not true, some sites only take credit cards, like if buying items from america.

Debit cards can be used as credit cards on all sites. Debit cards can be entered as credit because they are tied into Visa and Mastercard. It's right on the card. It is one of the pluses having a debit. Instead of credit, even though you enter it as so, it will still come straight out of your checking account. Trust me.