PDA

View Full Version : The shrink tank

Arneldo
31-12-2008, 12:30 AM
CELEBRITY Big Brother stars will be watched 24 hours a day by trained psychiatrists to avoid another Shilpa Shetty-style row.

Bosses admitted last night they had tightened up their already strict rules in a bid to avoid controversy.

Show chief Phil Edgar Jones told TV Biz: “We have a specific welfare team. Their job is to watch the housemates and report any problems they may be observing. That could be people who have been isolated or are unhappy in some way, or who just aren’t very well.”

As we revealed, the only places the celebs can escape the watchful eyes will be the toilets and the shower.

Edgar Jones was in charge during the controversy over the bullying of Bollywood star Shilpa by fellow celebs including Jade Goody. The row became headline news. Gordon Brown even commented on it.

Edgar Jones said any outrageous behaviour or language would be jumped on.

He admitted the show would be subjected to extra scrutiny after angering so many people last year.

Edgar Jones said: “We understand there’s a lot of scrutiny on TV at the moment. But we’ve imposed so many checks to spot inappropriate behaviour we should be OK.”

He added: “We’re trying to make it a funny three weeks. We’ve designed some very amusing tasks with some particularly funny costumes.” Edgar Jones said stuffing the house with a jumbo bath and 11 double beds would hopefully spark romance.

He added: “There’s always potential. The great ones have always been the most unlikely ones.”

Six of this year’s 11 celebs are female and a number of the stars are single.

Sexy stars heading for the house include model Lucy Pinder, former Liberty X singer Michelle Heaton, ex-Sugababe Mutya Buena and TV’s Ulrika Jonsson.

Edgar Jones confessed bosses had several stars on stand-by just in case someone flees before the first eviction.

Last series, rocker Donny Tourette quit after 48 hours. Edgar Jones said: “If a celebrity bails we have replacements. But nobody is talking about walking just yet.”

He added some stars had named people they don’t want to be in the house with.

The stars have been banned from any over-the-top New Year celebrations so they are not too hung over for the launch on Channel 4 on Friday.

Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article2081601.ece)

LaLaLand
31-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Last series, rocker Donny Tourette quit after 48 hours.

WHAT?! Am I the only one that thinks this is incorrect...? :nono:

Arneldo
31-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Jonnii
Last series, rocker Donny Tourette quit after 48 hours.

WHAT?! Am I the only one that thinks this is incorrect...? :nono:

Well he left late on day 3, so 48 hours would not be too far off.

LaLaLand
31-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Was it Day 3 when The Goody's entered?! Good God! I thought it was like a week in! :shocked:

Arneldo
31-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Jonnii
Was it Day 3 when The Goody's entered?! Good God! I thought it was like a week in! :shocked:

Nope, the launch was on a Wednesday and Jade & Co. entered on the Friday, I think.

letmein
31-12-2008, 01:05 AM
You can get all the psychologist you want, but you are not going to be able to weed out a bigot. People don't just come right out and say it.

Verne is a massive alcoholic. Almost near death.