PDA

View Full Version : Coolio uses the n****r word

jonsep
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
According to ds coolio used the N word while talking to ben it was immediately flagged to the produces but no action was taken because ben didnt take offence.

M X
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
That is awful. Nikki & Charley didn't take offence in BB8 yet Emily still got the kick!

AngRemembered
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jonsep
ben didnt take offence.

although its quite offensive, I'm glad he didnt rip up the outside perimeter and garden partitian, just because of a single word.

I'd have just whacked the silly fool on the head with the outside ashtray.
Oh and whilst on the subject of ash trays, do you think if Verne smoked they would have put a normal sized ash tray in the garden for him to sit in? :joker:

jonsep
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
is it one rule for one, another for another,or do bb not want to be in this possition again:shrug:

jonsep
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Angiebabe
Originally posted by jonsep
ben didnt take offence.

although its quite offensive, I'm glad he didnt rip up the outside perimeter and garden partitian, just because of a single word.

I'd have just whacked the silly fool on the head with the outside ashtray.
Oh and whilst on the subject of ash trays, do you think if Verne smoked they would have put a normal sized ash tray in the garden for him to sit in? :joker: ange you kill me hun:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

..george
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
If he is a "N****r" himself he must be offending himself.

Stu
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ..george
That is the single most idiotic comment I have ever read whilst browsing a forum.

And before any 'hey, unfair, kick him out!' arguments crop up : Their is a huge difference between Coolio using it, Charley using it, and anybody else using it. Endemol were right not to take action. A black man, who's presumably been on the harsh end of that word more than once in his life, wanting to use it is entirely different to you wanting to use it.

AngRemembered
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Stu
That is the single most idiotic comment I have ever read whilst browsing a forum.

And before any 'hey, unfair, kick him out!' arguments crop up : Their is a huge difference between Coolio using it, Charley using it, and anybody else using it. Endemol were right not to take action. A black man, who's presumably been on the harsh end of that word more than once in his life, wanting to use it is entirely different to you wanting to use it.

so me using the C word makes it less offensive what a load of cock,, oops I mean fanny

Stu
04-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Stu

so me using the C word makes it less offensive what a load of cock,, oops I mean fanny
Yes, if you yourself did not find it offensive, hence your decicion to say it, and if the person you were speaking to did not find it offensive.

Because that is Coolio's position. He said it without being offended, and the person he was saying it to was not offended, and it never made it to broadcast in any way, shape or form.

Are you worried some of the mice in the camera runs took offence?

AngRemembered
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Stu
Originally posted by Stu

Yes, if you yourself did not find it offensive, hence your decicion to say it, and if the person you were speaking to did not find it offensive.

Because that is Coolio's position. He said it without being offended, and the person he was saying it to was not offended, and it never made it to broadcast in any way, shape or form.

Are you worried some of the mice in the camera runs took offence?

Nope, I'm more concerned about the double standards, nobody took offence when a white girl was ejected for using the word in BB8.
At the time that was not deemed relevant, it was the word itself being used which led to the descision.
Fast forward 18 months and now we have yet another double standard on race and BB.
I personally could'nt give a toss what some old has been rapper wants to say or do, I dare say he refers to his lady friends as bitches and hoes and wishes his best buddies gansta popped at christmas, the guy as far as I'm concerned is a highly paid circus act.
What I do get annoyed about is the standards TV execs (usually white middle class men) set on race, as to protect the poor offended black person from certain words whites say...yet allow white people or even mice to judge themselves what is an offensive word or not, all that does is make matters worse and we have a socierty that thinks racism is only a charge white people can be guilty of.
In that socierty its no wonder Coolio (if you say so) has been brought up being called a n***** it seems a word for him alone is a perfect description.

Tom4784
04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I think it should be wrong for any person or any race to use it and Coolio should be punished. Having double standards like that is just racism but in reverse and we'll never be able to get over it if it's one rule for one race and another for other races. Treat everyone the same regardless of colour and that means the same punishents too.

I don't get why anyone would WANT to use that word the meaning and history behind it is horrific and I don't get how rappers and anyone can say it.

Stu
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Nope, I'm more concerned about the double standards, nobody took offence when a white girl was ejected for using the word in BB8.
At the time that was not deemed relevant, it was the word itself being used which led to the descision.
Fast forward 18 months and now we have yet another double standard on race and BB.
I personally could'nt give a toss what some old has been rapper wants to say or do, I dare say he refers to his lady friends as bitches and hoes and wishes his best buddies gansta popped at christmas, the guy as far as I'm concerned is a highly paid circus act.
What I do get annoyed about is the standards TV execs (usually white middle class men) set on race, as to protect the poor offended black person from certain words whites say...yet allow white people or even mice to judge themselves whats offensive or not, all that does is make matters worse and we have a socierty that thinks racism is only a charge white people can be guilty of and in that socierty its no wonder Coolio (if you say so) has been brought up being called a n***** it seems a word for him alone is a perfect description.
Simple. A white person saying the word poses a much greater potential threat to the show. Plus Emily was saying it to Charley. Again, more room for possible offence. And as the show had to be protected, Emily was evicted.

It is all about context. We can all say the word if we want, so in the interest of fairness, a white person can say it all they want too, like Coolio, I have to stress that point, just be prepared to have to accept much harsher concequences for your idiotic actions.

As for the rest of your argument, I shant even try and make sense of it.

Arneldo
04-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Do we know how he used it? When Emily used it she called Charley one, and while she didn't take offence she was clearly shocked and suprised and a lot of people took offence.

Stu
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Arneldo
Do we know how he used it? When Emily used it she called Charley one, and while she didn't take offence she was clearly shocked and suprised and a lot of people took offence.
Bingo. Coolio used it to Ben Adams, who later confirmed he had not taken offence.

Nail, meet head.

AngRemembered
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Stu
Bingo. Coolio used it to Ben Adams, who later confirmed he had not taken offence.

Nail, meet head.

Did anyone ask the other girls if they were offended in BB8, answer no officially but Charley later made it known she was shocked it had led to her ejection from the show.
Has anyone asked Ben officially?

So a double standard once again unless of course you happen to use it quite frequently in life like this idiot does.
Your argument is bizzare and means that we must now excuse a KKK member for using the same word in the same context i.e used it all his life.
Because surely there is no way you are suggesting there are words only whites can say and words only blacks can say ..are you?

Fat.Rat
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
i am really getting sick and tired of this race row s**t, let it go, its old now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud:

MrGaryy
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Some people are just sheeps [not Angie others].

Don't you realise that BB needs controversy to survive and get viewers. Then as soon as anything that may be deemed as slightly controversial, you all have a hissy fit and claim he should be removed. [I'm talking about forums in gnereal, not just TiBB]

Fat.Rat
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
this is the third time now, its just annoying people!!!!!!

MrGaryy
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy
I think it should be wrong for any person or any race to use it and Coolio should be punished. Having double standards like that is just racism but in reverse and we'll never be able to get over it if it's one rule for one race and another for other races. Treat everyone the same regardless of colour and that means the same punishents too.

I don't get why anyone would WANT to use that word the meaning and history behind it is horrific and I don't get how rappers and anyone can say it.

Okay but realistically if you were talking to me and I said something like "God I'm such a fag", would the same rules apply?

M X
04-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Stu

And before any 'hey, unfair, kick him out!' arguments crop up : Their is a huge difference between Coolio using it, Charley using it, and anybody else using it. Endemol were right not to take action. A black man, who's presumably been on the harsh end of that word more than once in his life, wanting to use it is entirely different to you wanting to use it. I totally disagree as that's just so hypocritical!

Xander
04-01-2009, 07:15 PM
The sad thing is he probably uses it all the time. :bored:

Stu
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Nail, meet head.

Did anyone ask the other girls if they were offended in BB8, answer no officially but Charley later made it known she was shocked it had led to her ejection from the show.
Has anyone asked Ben officially?

So a double standard once again unless of course you happen to use it quite frequently in life like this idiot does.
Your argument is bizzare and means that we must now excuse a KKK member for using the same word in the same context i.e used it all his life.
Because surely there is no way you are suggesting there are words only whites can say and words only blacks can say ..are you?
Have you completely missed my argument or are you acting like this on purpose? Yes, anybody can say it, but their are different concequences for different people saying it!. It is not based on quantity of useage like you suggested with your KKK argument for goodness sake. Coolio is black. Life sucks, not fair, I know, but by means of logic, Coolio saying the word to a white person is obviously going to be a lot less potentialy offensive than a white girl saying it to a black girl, as with what happened in series 8.

Saph
04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Bens not even black :S

letmein
05-01-2009, 03:30 AM
You have a lot to learn about race relations. When you use it against a minority that isn't of your own, it's oppressive, thus, Coolio, being one, can't oppress himself. No one should use it, but he's a rapper. He'll use it to describe his shoes. :joker:

I couldn't believe the number of people who wanted to call Oxfam when Darnell said that he was neither white nor black, and that he was whiter than the white people in there, but was still black. People in Britain don't understand race, and make big things into little things, and little things into big things.

Don't let the media fool you into yet another concocted "row".

Slezer
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
People need to just get on with their life.

Coolio is black so he can use the N word. Emily is white so she couldn't? Doesn't seem fair does it? Well it's not, but deal with it.

It's not like there's a great need to use the N word. We know it's history bla bla bla.

LeonM
07-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Every year the same thing happens since the CBB Jade Goody was in, every year there is a racist comment!

AngRemembered
07-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by LeonM
Every year the same thing happens since the CBB Jade Goody was in, every year there is a racist comment!

And every year its ignored, excused or just considered unimportant an issue to get involved in.

Oh, depending on what colour you happen to be, at the moment black definately is best :rolleyes:

fairymoon
07-01-2009, 10:32 PM
its getting stupid, if he said it on the outside nothing would be said if ben had said it to him would have been diffrent we all no that, this world is getting stupid, if i called my next door neighbour a black ******* he could get me done for it, but he calls me a white bitch every time he sees me and i cant do nothing, see its all stupid and belive me i am not raciits at all my niece is black so are my auntys and uncles, coolio says that word all the time its a way of life

letmein
07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Coolio is black. It's not the same thing. He is one, thus, he can't oppress himself. Now, if he called someone a white (insert negative word), then he'd be thrown out. However, I doubt the producers want this word said at all. I think Coolio probably uses it at the end of every sentence when he's at home. :laugh2:

letmein
07-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Emily is not black, thus, the word is oppressive. If you are black, you can't oppress yourself since you are one. It can't have the same impact. People should use any derogatory words, period. But it simply is not the same thing. If Emily called herself a cracker, she wouldn't be thrown out.

letmein
07-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Slezer

Coolio is black so he can use the N word. Emily is white so she couldn't? Doesn't seem fair does it? Well it's not, but deal with it.

It's not like there's a great need to use the N word. We know it's history bla bla bla. Is it fair, and it does make sense.

letmein
07-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo
Originally posted by Dezzy

Okay but realistically if you were talking to me and I said something like "God I'm such a fag", would the same rules apply? Are you gay? If you're not, then you can't say the word and get away with it.

rachey
07-01-2009, 11:53 PM
emily never actually directed it to charley at any point!
if coolio had of used a word onsidered offensive to white people would he have been chucked out?

WATERS
08-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Coolio can say that word if he wants

Mr.X
08-01-2009, 12:05 AM

It's not like there's a great need to use the N word. We know it's history bla bla bla.

So it should be alright for a white person to say Negro. :thumbs:

letmein
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by rachey
emily never actually directed it to charley at any point!
if coolio had of used a word onsidered offensive to white people would he have been chucked out? absolutely.

letmein
08-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr.X

So it should be alright for a white person to say Negro. :thumbs: Negro is not a slur.

MaDdOctoR
08-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by letmein
Originally posted by Mr.X

So it should be alright for a white person to say Negro. :thumbs: Negro is not a slur.

well...it depends how you say it...just the like the "N" WORD it's all about context...not just the word.

plus Negro is the Spanish word for black, so they have no choice but to say Negro...wonder how their BB goes :tongue:

dOc