PDA

View Full Version : I hate Terry

Tom
04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
:yuk:

Awful accent, I just hate him as well the way he acts etc the he goes and put Ulrika up

No doubt she'll be out on Tuesday :bawling:

Locke.
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I like him.

LemonJam
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
You're just annoyed he put Ulrika up. :rolleyes:

He didn't want to put anybody up, you could tell he was uncomfortable nominating somebody.

Stu
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
If he was to put anybody up, he made the right choice. Ulrika was clearly one of the most annoyed at him for the token mishap.

I feel sorry for the guy. He seems to think he is the most hated man in the world and a lot of people think he is annoying as **** but so far all I see is one of the loudest, most active housemates in their.

At the end of the day if it came down to him and Ulrika, I would evict Ulrika, seeing as I am a fan of entertainment and all that.

GabrielleisLove
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
He put Ulrika up for a very selfish reason, (even though I like Coolio) It's very clear he has the biggest ego. Terry is a gameplayer!

AyeAye_xO
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
i like him:D
he seems really cool
and he made the right decision about putting ulrika up, she was really quite nasty to him tonight!

Tom
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by LemonJam
You're just annoyed he put Ulrika up. :rolleyes:

He didn't want to put anybody up, you could tell he was uncomfortable nominating somebody.

No, I've not liked him since the start but I've not really had anything to fuel my dislike with, I just don't like him :tongue:

He was supposed to put up the biggest ego, so he picks Ulrika, the one who said she doesn't mind not going on the closing credits. How does that translate to "I don't want to participate because I'm bigger than this task"? :shrug:

Tom4784
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
I love terry I think he's hilarious. If I was him i'd have put up Coolio but oh well.

Bells
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't mind the guy. He seems nice enough, up for a laugh and is involved in house dynamics already.

I also think he's justified really in picking Ulrika - I probably would have done the same were I in his shoes, thinking about it. Coolio does come across as having a big ego, but he takes it lightly with a pinch of salt - he sees it more as fun and being real rather than arrogant. Ulrika seems to have a bit of an ego regardless of this task anyway - like last night when she was going on about her backache when talking about Verne's disability... she couldn't put her words across well at all. Rather than trying to show empathy, it just came across as a bit awkward and irrelevant. Besides, she hasn't been nice to him in general anyway so why not pick her? I used to like her years ago but now I wouldn't mind if she were first out.

Mike
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Don't mind Terry, seems like a good bloke so far, one of my favourites early on. As for the whole nominating Ulrika he IMO gave a good enough reason, it's wasn't really a case of wanting to choose someone he had to.

Angel.D
05-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Tom
:yuk:

Awful accent, I just hate him as well the way he acts etc the he goes and put Ulrika up

No doubt she'll be out on Tuesday :bawling: Why is it an awful accent its mancunniun ? you seem to hate everyone i remember reading a post of yours that said you hated David vincent and his partner as well and you don't even know them just the same as you don't know Terry Is it that you hate everyone cos hate is a strong word and i thought it was against tibb rules to use words like that.

LaLaLand
05-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I think he's got a mint accent, I could listen to him talk all day! It's kinda interesting! :spin2:

He's a good housemate too.

Jen
05-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Jonnii
I think he's got a mint accent, I could listen to him talk all day! It's kinda interesting! :spin2:

He's a good housemate too.

Its peanut-butter jelly time

Fom
05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Eugh I hate his accent, I am so glad I dont have the Manc accent. Its a disgusting accent, and his is the worst I have ever heard!

andyman
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
I could talk to Terry all day about politics, history and music :dazzler:

MrGaryy
05-01-2009, 01:51 AM
I love him I find him really endearing.

NettoSuperstar!
05-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Terry is lovely down to earth funny bloke!

..george
05-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Terry annoys me too abit like Bez did before.
I wan't to like Ulrika but she is starting to get annoying.

Lauren
05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
I personally can't stand him, but not because of him putting Ulrika up or his accent. In general he just grates on me to no end.

easylemonsqueezy
08-01-2009, 02:26 AM
He is so fake, probably been that way all his life though. One of those people who just crave to be popular so do things that please everyone else. pahlease who are you? he probably doesn't even no!

Amaru
08-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Terry is the man! Too bad he had so many haters before even coming into the house, which makes it hard to overcome in 3 short weeks. That said i think he is proving alot of the nay-sayers wrong, and he has been a top HM so far! I hope he goes far, i defo like him!!!

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by easylemonsqueezy
He is so fake, probably been that way all his life though. One of those people who just crave to be popular so do things that please everyone else. pahlease who are you? he probably doesn't even no!

whaat? I dont think so! Haha hes the furthest from be4ing a wannbe theres ever been on there, bar Bez. Hes on there to promote new series of the Word thats all and is just a decnt bloke!

andyman
08-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!

whaat? I dont think so! Haha hes the furthest from be4ing a wannbe theres ever been on there, bar Bez. Hes on there to promote new series of the Word thats all and is just a decnt bloke! Ahhh the Word, i remember that so well... 'i'l do anything to be on tv' pukka!
So when is the new series beaming onto our telly boxes?
Needs to have that raw feel tho like it did back then.

Gretbarner
08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I absolutely HATE Terry.

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by andyman

whaat? I dont think so! Haha hes the furthest from be4ing a wannbe theres ever been on there, bar Bez. Hes on there to promote new series of the Word thats all and is just a decnt bloke! Ahhh the Word, i remember that so well... 'i'l do anything to be on tv' pukka!
So when is the new series beaming onto our telly boxes?
Needs to have that raw feel tho like it did back then.

Dunno andy man! Its a rumour I heard. Thats why behr was in the jungle aswell! Quality drunk viewing though!

letmein
08-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Terry is a real sexist, if anyone watched the live feed yesterday. He just went on and on and on about how American baseball is rounders, and it's a "girls' game," and was mocking that Coolio and Americans are playing a "girls' game," like there's something wrong with that. He just went on and on and on, bashing America. It was really horrendous. He never pissed me off in the house, and I generally thought he was a good guy, but if you heard this dialog going on, you would probably have sour view of him. He just came across as a total ass, and he wouldn't give up. Coolio didn't even start it. Terry was looking for a fight.

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Im sure he was just havin a laff man

letmein
08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Im sure he was just havin a laff man He wasn't.

robb
08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
His anti-American thing is boring...........we heard it b4 with Galloway, and he did it much better. And Tommy wondering what he and Michelle's partners would think about them dancing was just ludicrous........:rolleyes:

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by robb
His anti-American thing is boring...........we heard it b4 with Galloway, and he did it much better. And Tommy wondering what he and Michelle's partners would think about them dancing was just ludicrous........:rolleyes:

thats Tommy not Terry and I dont find it boring!

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by letmein
Im sure he was just havin a laff man He wasn't.

Well id be very dissapointed if he was offensive but I'll have to see it for myself

Red Moon
08-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Terry is just Terry, what you see is what you get, he always been the way he is on show throughout his broadcasting career on both Radio and Television. He as simple Simon Cowell would say he is like Marmite you either love him of loath him, that's just the way it goes with him and its that which has limited his career on main stream TV.

One thing is for sure, out of all the housemates in the show this year if there is one person who would be a laugh in the pub it would be Terry.

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Red Moon
Terry is just Terry, what you see is what you get, he always been the way he is on show throughout his broadcasting career on both Radio and Television. He as simple Simon Cowell would say he is like Marmite you either love him of loath him, that's just the way it goes with him and its that which has limited his career on main stream TV.

One thing is for sure, out of all the housemates in the show this year if there is one person who would be a laugh in the pub it would be Terry.

yeh exactly if theres anyone Id get on with in real life it would be Terry. Ulrika seems a laff tho suprisingly

Sting
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM

One thing is for sure, out of all the housemates in the show this year if there is one person who would be a laugh in the pub it would be Terry. Well said R M and may i take this oportunity to wish you a very happy new year .:thumbs:

andyman
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Terry is a real sexist, if anyone watched the live feed yesterday. He just went on and on and on about how American baseball is rounders, and it's a "girls' game," and was mocking that Coolio and Americans are playing a "girls' game," like there's something wrong with that. He just went on and on and on, bashing America. It was really horrendous. He never p****d me off in the house, and I generally thought he was a good guy, but if you heard this dialog going on, you would probably have sour view of him. He just came across as a total ass, and he wouldn't give up. Coolio didn't even start it. Terry was looking for a fight. Rounders=Baseball.
Netball=Basketball.
Rugby=American Football with safety pads.

He does have a point.

p.s. I love America!

andyman
08-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Im sure he was just havin a laff man Your Avatar! I remember it but can't remember the tv program.

RCW
08-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Netto,why are you surprised that Ulrika is "a bit of a laff"?
Have you never seen her dressing up with Reeves and Mortimer in the sketches for "Shooting Stars"?
She has a wonderful sense of humour and is quite prepared to be made a fool of.

RCW
08-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I would imagie that Terry Christian is too knowledgable and intelligent for many of you.

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Im sure he was just havin a laff man Your Avatar! I remember it but can't remember the tv program.

Gilbert from Get Fresh! lol

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by RCW
Netto,why are you surprised that Ulrika is "a bit of a laff"?
Have you never seen her dressing up with Reeves and Mortimer in the sketches for "Shooting Stars"?
She has a wonderful sense of humour and is quite prepared to be made a fool of.

Yeh I know she was good in that but she had funny people to bounce off of. I thought she wouldnt be quite so funny in reality but she is, Id go for a drink with her! lol

Wildcat!
08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
LOL, he is my favorite. He is really funny imo.

letmein
08-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Terry is a real sexist, if anyone watched the live feed yesterday. He just went on and on and on about how American baseball is rounders, and it's a "girls' game," and was mocking that Coolio and Americans are playing a "girls' game," like there's something wrong with that. He just went on and on and on, bashing America. It was really horrendous. He never p****d me off in the house, and I generally thought he was a good guy, but if you heard this dialog going on, you would probably have sour view of him. He just came across as a total ass, and he wouldn't give up. Coolio didn't even start it. Terry was looking for a fight. Rounders=Baseball.
Netball=Basketball.
Rugby=American Football with safety pads.

He does have a point.

p.s. I love America!

According to Wikipedia (I know), apparently, people have argued that baseball was not derived from rounders.

After I posted that original post, and although Terry did start it, I think that perhaps Americans find soccer to be not a real sport. This might be what Terry was blowing off about. He still came off as an a-hole though.

And you don't have to love America. America has finally become more able to laugh at itself. It was just the over-the-top(ness) of Terry.

letmein
08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RCW
I would imagie that Terry Christian is too knowledgable and intelligent for many of you. Based on what? I think you misspelled knowledgeable? :whistle:

RCW
08-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Just by reading lots of posts here and watching TC's catholic career over 20 years, Let. It means I have become quite knowledgable about him.
I've even learned how to spell knowledgeable in two correct ways.

Red Moon
08-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RCW
Just by reading lots of posts here and watching TC's catholic career over 20 years, Let. It means I have become quite knowledgable about him.

Why is his religion important? Does it matter that he is a catholic?

Stu
08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Cant disagree their. And in my opinion, things like that should be what a great BB housemate should be based on.

Terry is a real sexist, if anyone watched the live feed yesterday. He just went on and on and on about how American baseball is rounders, and it's a "girls' game," and was mocking that Coolio and Americans are playing a "girls' game," like there's something wrong with that. He just went on and on and on, bashing America. It was really horrendous. He never p****d me off in the house, and I generally thought he was a good guy, but if you heard this dialog going on, you would probably have sour view of him. He just came across as a total ass, and he wouldn't give up. Coolio didn't even start it. Terry was looking for a fight.
Just sounds to me like your taking a few comments too seriously. Why does everything said in Big Brother now days have to be infringing on somebodys rights? Here is a thought : Maybe Terry was taking the piss a bit, and he is not in fact sexist?

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I dont believe hes sexist! Im sure it was tongue in cheek

RCW
08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh dear, Let and Red, you are doing your very best to prove my original point.
Go and take a look in your dictionary: my use of "catholic" is nothing to do with religion.

Red Moon
08-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RCW
Oh dear, Let and Red, you are doing your very best to prove my original point.
Go and take a look in your dictionary: my use of "catholic" is nothing to do with religion.

Now remind me, what was your original point other than to insult the some of the membership of the site?

Shaun
08-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I see nothing to hate...I think he's possibly the most genuine person in there. I'd throw around more clichés like "what you see is what you get" but I think you get my point :tongue:

letmein
08-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Stu
Cant disagree their. And in my opinion, things like that should be what a great BB housemate should be based on.

Terry is a real sexist, if anyone watched the live feed yesterday. He just went on and on and on about how American baseball is rounders, and it's a "girls' game," and was mocking that Coolio and Americans are playing a "girls' game," like there's something wrong with that. He just went on and on and on, bashing America. It was really horrendous. He never p****d me off in the house, and I generally thought he was a good guy, but if you heard this dialog going on, you would probably have sour view of him. He just came across as a total ass, and he wouldn't give up. Coolio didn't even start it. Terry was looking for a fight.
Just sounds to me like your taking a few comments too seriously. Why does everything said in Big Brother now days have to be infringing on somebodys rights? Here is a thought : Maybe Terry was taking the p**s a bit, and he is not in fact sexist?

His comments were his comments. You can't manipulate that. You didn't see it. I did, and it went on and on and on and on. You should read my subsequent posts as well.

Stu
08-01-2009, 05:55 PM
You didn't see it. I did
Is it wise to make such brash assumptions? After all, I did see it.

letmein
08-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I dont believe hes sexist! Im sure it was tongue in cheek

That's not the definition of tongue-in-cheek, so no. It's not like I'm wasting my time, steaming about it. It was just too much to digest, and he did it again when he started asking Coolio is you could get those crisps in America. He's got this total anti-America sentiment going on, and he's goofing on Coolio. I don't like people who do that. Terry's pretty ignorant.

He's just started doing this stuff. Perhaps he'll go back to way he started. It has to be doing their heads in being in a fishbowl 24/7 with the same people. I don't know how I would react either.

letmein
08-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Stu
You didn't see it. I did

What he said, is what he said. It couldn't be taken any other way.

It's not some big deal though. My opinion of him has just changed.

RCW
08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Red, not an insult just a valid comparison.
Let, TC is not ignorant. Have you watched any of his late night TV shows in which he chairs a wide variety (hence "catholic") of discussion programmes.
He is completely at ease conducting these, showing a good knowledge of an extensive range of topics.

Stu
08-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Stu
You didn't see it. I did

What he said, is what he said. It couldn't be taken any other way.

Really? Because I watched it and I took it with a pinch of salt, like you should once in a while when your watching a light entertainment show.

I cant believe you are insinuating their is only one was his comments can be interpreted.

Clicky. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion)

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Well I need to see it Let man. If you didnt like it then fair enough like

Stu
08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Well I need to see it Let man. If you didnt like it then fair enough like
Nope, what he said is final. Apparently it cant be taken any other way. Any spare Nazi flags lying around?

NettoSuperstar!
08-01-2009, 06:17 PM
lol

Red Moon
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RCW
Red, not an insult just a valid comparison.
Let, TC is not ignorant. Have you watched any of his late night TV shows in which he chairs a wide variety (hence "catholic") of discussion programmes.
He is completely at ease conducting these, showing a good knowledge of an extensive range of topics.

Your use of the word catholic was open to more than one interpretation given that Terry's religion is stated as being Catholic on various websites on the internet. However that aside, I'm sure he is far from ignorant and that is just another good reason for going down the pub with him. It is always handy to have someone that can have a good debate before the alcohol kicks and the fun really begins.

Originally posted by RCW
I would imagie that Terry Christian is too knowledgable and intelligent for many of you.

Finally your comparison, above, could also be seen, in a different way just like your use of the word catholic by some members, and to some it could look like an insult.

WARING
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I love Terry. I think he's pretty level headed and has a wicked sense of humor. There's nobody in the house I dislike really. At least not yet. Tina seems as if she might be a problem soon.

RCW
08-01-2009, 07:55 PM
The word catholic has a capital letter when applied to a religion, but never mind.
You see Red, it slightly grates when I read completely unfounded comments about someone who is genuinely intelligent. Too many people cannot, or do not want to, recognise intelligence. It seems that some folks who are not very intelligent feel a need to disparage those who are.
Sad really.

Red Moon
08-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by RCW
The word catholic has a capital letter when applied to a religion, but never mind.
You see Red, it slightly grates when I read completely unfounded comments about someone who is genuinely intelligent. Too many people cannot, or do not want to, recognise intelligence. It seems that some folks who are not very intelligent feel a need to disparage those who are.
Sad really.

Well that's life and it happens all the time. People take people at face value and don't look at the deeper person. It happens on when someone says that they would imagie that: "Terry Christian is too knowledgable and intelligent for many of you", how does that person know that. Isn't that being just as disrespectful and belittling them as they were of Terry Christen?

What concert proof do they have that these comments are completely unfounded, these people have there reasons for posting them. Without changeling them directly nobody has any way of knowing their way of knowing how they are thinking, so how could anyone know if they don't recognise intelligence? And once again is it not being disrespectful to put thoughts in the minds of others without questioning them first? Could that the act of not questioning them lead to someone arriving at very simplified opinion?

What is sad is when people make generalised statements on a forum that can be misunderstood because they want to look clever. People like that should enter politics, because they never question anything or give a direct reply to any questions. They will twist people words and turn questions on their heads to get their point across.

RCW
10-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Red,I said:
"it slightly grates when I read completely unfounded comments about someone who is genuinely intelligent. "
This was referring, in particular, to the statement "TC is ignorant" which I KNOW to be false, having watched the man operating in various milliieux over a long time period.
Am I not entitled to make such a statement?
You seem to hold some sort of administrative or managerial position here. Would it not be a good thing if you were to attempt, even in the most modest way,to raise the quality of discourse a little; rather than attack someone else who is doing just that?