PDA

View Full Version : What should change for BB10?

dupin
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
With ratings not doing so well, what do you want to change for BB10? Do you think there should be a major revamp? Changes to the house, new features, new twists, or a different selection of housemates?

bronaaaa
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I think maybe there shld be less shows, I've not been able to sit down and watch CBB because the conversations etc. are the same every night and it's getting a bit boring. They need more twists and decent tasks and I think if the series had a them it might be interesting. They nedda get a fixed time slot and BBLB is just the same thing every night except with different news and interview-ees. I think the public should be able to get more involved in the show like get to suggest taks or whatever.

Brekkie
09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
It needs a very apparent relaunch like we had back in BB5 - and C4 need to shout from the rooftops about it, not just bring back the series and hope nobody gets too upset.

As for the main shows - ditch Saturday as we deserve a night off and extend Sundays to 90 minutes to compensate, then Mon-Thu have a 50-minute show at 10pm (finishing earlier would help bolster ratings, and the show would benefit alot from being tighter edited), and then a 90-minute eviction show on Fridays.

The spin offs are less crucial to the success of the show than the main show itself - I think George and Jack need to remain as further changes won't help at all, with the only change I'd make being axing the Friday edition of Big Mouth. On launch night and eviction night E4 should offer live streaming as soon as the main show ends - and talking of which, the live feed needs to return, whether on TV or online, whether for free or at a price. One way or another it has to return.

xERFx
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Definatly the twists they need to throw the twists in on the first night and make them unexpected

*mazedsalv**
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
1. Massive Ad Campaigns (Just like the "Black Friday" of BB5)
2. No nomination meddling, maybe probably once for a task.
3. More active/exciting tasks. They should look at some of teh tasks they have done in BB in the US eg. Being Stuck In a Box and being put far from the ground up in the air and try to keep yourself holding on for as long as possible. Or a task where they have to split up in 2 teams, they need to down a shot before starting a difficult obstacle cource(including slides, a spinning roundabout ect... all the shots must be all empty and the first team to finish wins. Or just have an animal sent into the house and they must teach them tricks (same as BB2 but whatever lol)
4. More booze to ensure they stay up late at night.
5. HMs that are normal and fun at the same time... no need for crazy people... its not a freakshow.
6. Shows should be scheduled sensibly and not like C4 have been doing recently by ending shows 5-10 minutes early, by putting it aggainst ridiculous competition (BGT, DOI on Sunday, the soaps) and not on at 11pm when the age deograpghic of 16-34 are most likely in bed because they need to go to work.
7. Live Feed, where you can shose which room to see (like the early days)

Brekkie
09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I think also during the auditions they've got to encourage housemates to go in and just have fun - not go in and be careful what they say!

Spike
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Its time for a major revamp, its the only way forward. The show needs a new identity. New format, big advertising, better scheduling and the most important thing of all don't be frightened of controversy.

I would like to see HOH live competition on a Sunday night followed by the HOH doing a live nomination. Then the rest of the house nominate as usual but from the 2 or more housemates nominated by the rest, the HOH has to pick 1 to face eviction along with their own choice.

The series should be cut back to 10 weeks with money for each finishing place, The winner could get £250,000 the first evictee £5,000

BBLB and BBBM should remain with their current presenters

Live feed like for BB3 should be re-introduced

Nomination talk allowed, with the house built around it to encourage groups forming and places to discuss tactics

Brekkie
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
HoH is the most logical move forward IMO - we've been introduced to it now, time to take the risk and adopt the full format.

What I've realised tonight though is that the eviction alone is no longer enough of a reason to watch eviction shows - so doing the HoH comp straight after the eviction would go some way to solving that problem and then sets up the show for the next week.

Tom
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
A crack down on wannabes. Tie them to a contract meaning they can't go beyond Channel 4 until the following series starts, ie NO MAGAZINE DEALS!!

The stepping blocks are in place for a relaunch. We're now familiar with the Head of House, so lets give them more responsibility. Let them nominate one person to definitely face eviction. Keep the nominations pod. I'm not a fan but let them use it whenever they want.

Also add money as an incentive. Bump first prize up to at least £500,000 but MAKE THEM EARN IT. Give a prize to second and third place. Maybe use personal banks, deduct money for rule breaks, add money for tasks etc. The shopping budget should be based on behaviour and rule breaks. Lots of rule breaks should mean a basic budget.

Also they should steal the America's Player idea or whatever it was called. Put a plant in the house on launch night who we vote for to do things. Turn it into some kind of launch night twist that will keep us hooked.

They need to change the advertising campaign to make people sit up and think "oh, I'll need to make a point of watching that", not "BB is back on soon, I might watch it".

Simple tweaks that could make a huge difference.

Brekkie
09-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm not keen on America's Player, certainly not this time around if they did go for the major relaunch - perhaps hold it back, it would probably work best in a celeb series IMO.

I don't like personal banks - it gets too complicated IMO, and while I think the prize needs to go up, I think £250,000 would be enough, and then knock the money off that for rule breaks.

Tom
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I wasn't thinking America's player as a full series thing, just an opening weekend twist climaxing on the Sunday. Its just something to keep us watching for the opening weekend because if theres nothing on launch night then theres no reason to keep watching. That is just something simple which doesn't really need much thought (which they're good at!) but could be quite effective. I'd also like to see them start the prize fund at zero instead of doing what they did in BB5 and starting it at the full amount.

Glenn.
10-01-2009, 01:10 AM
An unlimited amount of alcohol!!! Bring back the old days when they were always out of their faces!! Priceless entertainment!

Leezopink88
10-01-2009, 01:24 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jXM-KNeqA

Having a real housemate

Brekkie
10-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I wasn't thinking America's player as a full series thing, just an opening weekend twist climaxing on the Sunday. Its just something to keep us watching for the opening weekend because if theres nothing on launch night then theres no reason to keep watching. That is just something simple which doesn't really need much thought (which they're good at!) but could be quite effective. I'd also like to see them start the prize fund at zero instead of doing what they did in BB5 and starting it at the full amount.

And there we go back to the problem which has plagued BBUK for the last few years - twists designed to last a few days, not twists which leads to a complete reworking of the format.

The idea of twist after twist after twist has to go - it's fundamental change to the core format which is required, changes which will get people watching night after night, week after week - not just a live under promoted special and the fall out in the next show.

Captain.Remy
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
OK so I think there is a looot of things to do but the list would be too long, so I will put the majors points:

-Massive advertising to tell people which TV show is the boss.
-Get rid of both BBBM and BBLB, time to put new ones, people got bored with those.
-Keep the 'to Big Brother's satisfaction' tasks. I love them, pure entertainment.
-C4 needs to stop thinking about complains, that'd probably never happen but we can still hope.
-Unlimited alcohol, more parties and a funnier Big Brother: the zero tolerance thing was a flop, people want some fun to watch !
-No more complicated twists, simpler the better. It proved it can work.
-Bring back the secret missions and the live tasks.
-The prize fund should be at £250.000 and put fines when a housemate breaks the rule, instead of jail, which is pointless.
-Keep the nominations pod.
-And more live shows in Tuesday evening.

DOG
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
They should do it like the Americans do their Big Brother. I say every year that UK BB is a declining success and needs a major overhaul.

D

LemonJam
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM
- More Alcohol
- More exciting individual contests
- Bring back the box task and the speed dating task from BB6 :love:
- Hire an actor/actress maybe? Just to shake the place up subtley.
- Outrageous housemates, who want to party no bores allowed.
- More of an age range. (Oldest person last year was only in 40's)
- Generally bring back evil.
- Let them have fun!

Leezopink88
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jXM-KNeqA
me

Tom
11-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
Originally posted by Tom

And there we go back to the problem which has plagued BBUK for the last few years - twists designed to last a few days, not twists which leads to a complete reworking of the format.

The idea of twist after twist after twist has to go - it's fundamental change to the core format which is required, changes which will get people watching night after night, week after week - not just a live under promoted special and the fall out in the next show.

I don't agree with twist after twist but there has to be something to keep viewers hooked for the first week. By pure chance the years that something hasn't happened it has all developed itself and this year there has been nothing to keep people watching for the first week, and for the first time nothing has happened either until now.

Brekkie
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree there needs to be something to keep people watching over week one, but I'd make that the introduction of a new format rather than a twist to the old format.

I know some people think it's all about the housemates but I don't believe that at all. I think it's all about the format and if they get the format right, it shouldn't matter too much who is in there. What is needed is a format which works on paper and is planned out in full prior to the series - the last couple of years have at times felt like they've made it up as they went along.

angelboydhilton
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
-Massive advertising. They need to do something big that will make an impact. I'd like to see something that shows 'the haters' what they're missing, etc.

-Don't ration the HM's alcohol. Give them as much as they want, the most memorable BB moments are always the drunk ones.

-Stop worrying about complaints and controversy. Channel4 have never felt intimidated before about being 'out there', 'over the top' and 'extrememly controversial' so why worry now? If it happens, then deal with it, but don't hold people back before they've even done anything.

-Ignore people who want 'normal' people in there. BigBrother is the personality version of X Factor, we don't want average people in there, we want a variety of big characters - the best most shocking/surprising people. The most successful series have been so called 'freakshows' because them people are the ones who don't care what people think and are entertaining. We don't want anymore Rachel's (zzz) or Mo's (zzz).

-Stick to the original plans. For instance, BB9 "being evil". Pssh, they just threw people in jail for a few hours which making boring and what happened to the "solitary confinement" they introduced on the Launch Night - not once was that used.

-Bring back the secret missions and the live tasks.

-Don't drag out certain themes such as the "Heaven and Hell" theme. It was really interesting for the first week or so, then it became annoying.

-Keep the nominations pod.

-Get the public more involved in the show. Do something new like let them vote a housemate into the house like BB Australia. However, still keep it secretive. Don't show a face, just give basic info about that person and maybe post a silhouette of them. Then the public can go and vote online for the housemate they want to see in the house.

Amaru
13-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DOG
They should do it like the Americans do their Big Brother. I say every year that UK BB is a declining success and needs a major overhaul.

D

NO PLEASE!!!!

NEVER do it like us, coming from a BB fan in the US you dont want to see our crap.....unless you want to watch strategy talk 24/7 USBB isnt for you

You guys have no idea how good you have it, trust me

shakin
20-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Different selection of housemates without a doubt.

The percentage of boring housemates is too high, i think they focus on getting the wacky ones who end up being rather dull after a two days.

melone
21-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I think they should all go in on say sat and then have to vote someone out on the sunday then we can watch them all creep round eatch other, and the vote should be live on telly lol

bananarama
21-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
1. Massive Ad Campaigns (Just like the "Black Friday" of BB5)
2. No nomination meddling, maybe probably once for a task.
3. More active/exciting tasks. They should look at some of teh tasks they have done in BB in the US eg. Being Stuck In a Box and being put far from the ground up in the air and try to keep yourself holding on for as long as possible. Or a task where they have to split up in 2 teams, they need to down a shot before starting a difficult obstacle cource(including slides, a spinning roundabout ect... all the shots must be all empty and the first team to finish wins. Or just have an animal sent into the house and they must teach them tricks (same as BB2 but whatever lol)
4. More booze to ensure they stay up late at night.
5. HMs that are normal and fun at the same time... no need for crazy people... its not a freakshow.
6. Shows should be scheduled sensibly and not like C4 have been doing recently by ending shows 5-10 minutes early, by putting it aggainst ridiculous competition (BGT, DOI on Sunday, the soaps) and not on at 11pm when the age deograpghic of 16-34 are most likely in bed because they need to go to work.
7. Live Feed, where you can shose which room to see (like the early days)

I would list all those items too. In addition I would also.......

1..Not want BB to copy anything resembling what happens in the US version of BB. At all costs no stupid head of the house......And no divided house old hat and defeats the object of housemates propery intergrating with each other

2..I would like to see first evictions delayed for at least two weeks maybe 4 weeks so that housemates and viewers can better judge who they want to stay or leave.....They can catch up later with surprise doube evictions. Also more people make for more tension and more sadistic entertainment for BB fans.:laugh:

3.. If they put new housemates in then they should make sure the gender ratio is maintained for as long as possible.

4..Most importantly they should always have a minimum of three housemates up for eviction and then change the voting to "SAVE" a housemate....

5..They need to stop silly censorship.....Even under Ofcom broadcasting rules there is no need for the degree of censorship thus far being dished out since BB5......

6..BBBM should be axed.......It's the most un funny poinless often slandering the housemates rubbish on tv and does the BB culture no favours.....

7...Ban venesa feltz from BBLB along with Barrymore

8..Ban the mass booing on eviction night......Evict the booing brigade instead. Once more like they did in early series let us see an evicted housemate reunite with friends and family before the Davina interview. BB need to be made more human instead of lets hate a housemate no matter how little they have done wrong...

9..The choice of male female needs to be more compatible. pointless having a house full of good looking women if all they put in is frumpy men bar one.....and vice versa.

10..No oldies unless they are genuinly fit and young at heart......

fercho
22-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Everything should change

Advertising campaigns. More and enigmatic, that'll atract more people

Housemates. We're tired of the typical bunch of freaks. bring back the normal looking housemates. Go deeper on their personalities.

NO MORE TWISTS. We're sick of them, they just don't work anymore.

GO SIMPLE, why not go back as it used to be

LET THEM TALK ABOUT NOMINATIONS, that'll be a change

MORE ALCOHOL, this is just too obvious. The moment you bring alcohol, they go mad and entretain us

Don't be afraid of OfCom and other watchdog, in anyway, If it isn't succesfull. This will be the last year of Big Brother (unless you do something about it of course)

Let it rest for a year. Don't do it until 2010, Get it? big Brother 10 in2010???

Please, please, please NO more late entries and avoid walk outs. They just ruin it.

fercho
22-01-2009, 02:11 AM
The whole boing situation its just out of control!!!

Do something about it

*mazedsalv**
22-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Everything should change.

LIVE FEED 24/7!!!
HUGE adveristing campaign
More alcohol
Look back on selecting HMs that will bring in younger and older viewers (BB3 and BB5).
Better Tasks and more extreme!! Things that will amke you want to be sick, ones where they hjave to hold on for their survival.
Different formats for eviction/Launch
Gameplay element... discussing nominations... backstabbing ect....
Suprises and actual punishments that are used in BB around the world
Axe BBBM and possibly BBLB
Ourageousness!!! The reason the ratings are dropping is that BB are scared for "complaints".... they dont have to worry, everyone complains now.... just go for it!!!

arista
22-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by dupin
With ratings not doing so well, what do you want to change for BB10? Do you think there should be a major revamp? Changes to the house, new features, new twists, or a different selection of housemates?

Yes build Another Big Brother near it
get the Public to pick/ vote
the best 14 from all 28 in there.

Life can be hard
Lets have something Hard.

*mazedsalv**
22-01-2009, 04:45 PM
The house should have 2 floors.... the colour of white and red... suprise rooms ect....