PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Auditions

Arneldo
13-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm headin' off to the Dublin Auditions today!

I wasn't going to go cause nobody wanted to go with me (boo!), but I've decided to go anyway simple because if I dont go I think I'll regret it big time. Even if I get a no, at least I'll know then.

Wish me luck! :D

\PJ/
13-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Good Luck//.

Arneldo
13-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Back, and didn't get through. Boo :(

But have to say it was a laugh and some of the people were great. I walked in with two sisters from Sligo, some blonde chic and a drag queen *yawn*. Anyway, because I was with a drag queen I got my photo taken quite a lot.

In the que there was barely anyone and it moved quite fast. There was some woman in the que dressed as a zombie from 'Dead Set' who got quite a bit of attention and unsurprisingly so did the drag queen, who was know claiming the other blondechic was his 'twin sister'.

What I didn't agree with at all was the drag queen was taken out of the que and told to go straight through to the next round, and took his 'twin' with him.

I was put into a group with 7 other people; the two sisters, some egotistical bastard, 3 friends who were all kinda similar and then some guy with a beard who only seemed to be there because he wanted to be the "normal" one. We played the game where we all hand to hold hands and then untangle ourselves. We lost, even after 4 attempts. But we had a laugh doing' it. We also had to stand in a big circle and say why we should be on BB, and most of the time people said predictable things like "I'm great in bed..", "I'm a bastard", "I want to masterbate on live TV"...ya know, the usual. One guy was on crutches and seemed to have some sort of disability - but he actually said he should be in the house because he was on crutches. One guy said because "I love my mom" but moments later "My mom is a bitch!".

My group of 8 were went over to this production lady who first of all got us to make the shape of a historic landmark on the floor. We did Twin Towers, and we got our photo taken doing it. Also were asked by photographers to get in a group photo.

Then we got into pairs and had to ask the other person about themselves and find out a few interesting facts about them. The girl I was with was 27, from Crumlin, worked in a nursery home - and had 3 nipples. Well, she didn't really. She told me she didn't have 3 nipples, but to just say it anyway.

Other interesting facts in my group were one guy who said he's always told he looks like Paul Danan (the egotistical guy), one girl lost her virginity a few months ago (sister 1), one girl had sex with a stranger in front of 4 people for €100 (friend 2), one girl had some story about knickers but didn't really hear it (sister 2), one girl had a story about flashing judges during Irish dancing (friend 3), and the guy with the beard said he got a tattoo with some random girls name on it when he was drunk.

We then had to decide as a group who was the most interesting and rank ourselves. I was ranked most interesting, followed by the 3rd nipple, then beard guy and so on.

The girl with the "third nipple" was then asked to rank us based on a word the production woman told her. I was ranked second least. After a few guesses we were told that she ranked us by "sexually active"...she was dog tho.

Then we were all asked to line-up and the production lady chose who was going through. She stamped the egotisitcal Paul Danan look-a-like, the beard guy and the girl who didn't have a 3rd nipple.

The sisters were really sweet and funny and I think should have got through - and they, and the beard guy, said I should have as well. I walked out with the sisters and one seemed really annoyed because she made it through to the second round the previous year.

The only bad thing tho that I can say about it though is that they don't really give you much chance to say much about yourself, and instead somebody else speaks on your behalf. Oh, another bad thing though is that they should have put me through haha

I'm glad I did it though, even it was a no. And it was an experience in it's self.

I think I will do an online audition and give it ago though, give me a chance to speak more.

\PJ/
13-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh what a shame.at least you tried.

Arneldo
13-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeh I'm so glad I gave it ago, even if it was a no. I'm going to try online, and I'd defoo go again next year. It was a lot of fun.

\PJ/
13-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Was it like what we see on TV?

Arneldo
13-01-2009, 04:00 PM
It was exactly like what was on TV, well the stages I was at.

Arneldo
13-01-2009, 06:12 PM
An article on today's auditions featuring the drag queen I queued with and picture of the guy with the beard was in my group.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0113/breaking51.htm

xxskyexx
14-01-2009, 09:05 AM
I went along to the auditions too, auditioned twice and failed both times. I had a great laugh and met some interesting people. I did all of the activities and test's that where mentioned in the abopve post by Arneldo, and I was fuming that the wedding dress couple got through, (they only got through cause of the media attention they got whilst queuing) and I threatened to through ketchup over the bride! I did however make it on the Xposé on TV3 (for 2 seconds)!

Arneldo
14-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I got my photo in The Sun :D yay haha

*mazedsalv**
14-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Im soo guted about my cousin getting to the final stage before the final lineup was revealed in BB5.

He got through all the stages and was taken off in the last 18 or something.... soo he was soo close to appear. He said he wont audition again because its horrible when you get so far and just dont get in.

Princess
14-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Shame you didn't get through. Glad you had fun though! I was going to go but I was working till 8-fun times.

Simple_Plan
14-01-2009, 10:03 PM
what time did the auditions start ? I'm just wondering as I am going to the newcastle auditions on saturday and I'm not sure what time to be there for ?

Arneldo
15-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I got there at about half 10 and they were well under way. I think they kept going until 4pm-ish.

Simple_Plan
15-01-2009, 06:44 PM
thanks arneldo I was just worried that you had to be there at like 8 o'clock and if you werent you couldnt get in lol
anyway thanks :)

Sod_James
16-01-2009, 02:22 PM
how long were u queuing for. was it a long day. i want to audition ln London but i also want to do other stuff in the afternoon. do you think the audition will take all day?