PDA

View Full Version : Why are footballers paid so much?

Scarlett.
14-01-2009, 05:54 PM
All they have to do is kick a football around a pitch, give em the minimum wage, see how they like it:thumbs:

Novo
14-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Pay them more i say!!

30stone
14-01-2009, 05:56 PM
They bring money into the company, who want to see english football.

and some other things, but.. yeh they could tone down the wages. They should be less but nothing to low.

Scarlett.
14-01-2009, 05:59 PM
IMO there are more deserving poeple in the world

They are enjoying the life of riley while outside the walls of their pretty likkle manors the country is crumbling

bronaaaa
14-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Chewy
All they have to do is kick a football around a pitch, give em the minimum wage, see how they like it:thumbs:

Hmm I agree..but I guess that alot of people like football and they're providing etertainment etc..:shrug:

Novo
14-01-2009, 06:02 PM
IMO there are more deserving poeple in the world

They are enjoying the life of riley while outside the walls of their pretty likkle manors the country is crumbling

It's not there fault they have talent

it's not even there fault there getting paid that much money

if i was offered £60,000 a week i'd take it

MarkWaldorf
14-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I agree with their wage being way too high but they do more than kick a ball on a pitch. They probably put in endless hours of training for matches, tour the world to play, promote the football club and there's also the sponsorship deals which increases interest. If the player is insanely popular he'll probably get more to stay with the club. Football generates millions so there's more to pay the players with.

Novo
14-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Markus
I agree with their wage being way too high but they do more than kick a ball on a pitch. They probably put in endless hours of training for matches, tour the world to play, promote the football club and there's also the sponsorship deals which increases interest. If the player is insanely popular he'll probably get more to stay with the club. Football generates millions so there's more to pay the players with.

Exactly thats what people forgot it's not jut about kicking a ball around there is a lot more to it

Spike
14-01-2009, 06:05 PM
They aren't just being paid to kick a ball for 90minutes, they are being payed to live there life around their work and club. They work every day at training and they can't eat anything they want for example
But they are paid so much because there are so few of them in one of the worlds biggest Business'. Also by them playing they are brining a very large amount of money into Britain from oversees.

Scarlett.
14-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.

Exactly thats what people forgot it's not jut about kicking a ball around there is a lot more to it
Just like being a nurse isnt just about checking to make sure patients are ok...its about cleaning **** off patients, making sure rooms are clean, making sure the patient isnt about to pop their clogs

Spike
14-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.

Just like being a nurse isnt just about checking to make sure patients are ok...its about cleaning **** off patients, making sure rooms are clean, making sure the patient isnt about to pop their clogs

yeah but by playing football they are brining millions into their club every day so they deserves some of that because they are making the profit
Nurses don't bring in millions to the hospital each day so they can't get higher pay unless we are to be taxed more

James
14-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Same reason as pop stars. They are part of the entertainment industry and people pay to go and watch.

MarkWaldorf
14-01-2009, 06:19 PM
I was going to mention that too James. Working in that industry pays you a lot, it's a way of life.

JOSHUAH!
14-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Its a ridiculous amount of money for kicking a ball on a field.

Soldiers get paid less, and they put their life on the line everyday.

Scarlett.
14-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JOSHUAH!
Its a ridiculous amount of money for kicking a ball on a field.

Soldiers get paid less, and they put their life on the line everyday. Aye, thats the sort of thing I mean
Fair enough they bring in money for an industry, but most of that money never goes outside the 'Glorious walls' of a stadium

30stone
14-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I was going to say what markus and james said a singer gets payed much more ...

WATERS
14-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Most of them deserve it.

andyman
14-01-2009, 06:58 PM
The game makes alot of money so its fair they get paid well or huge amounts of money goes into the fatcats pockets! Their high wages is worth every penny and they are the people we pay to watch etc and i don't want fatcats earning all the money out of the players! Its a victory for the working class people!

Xander
14-01-2009, 07:00 PM
All I can say is that there are other sports more deserving of the money than football, for what they do they so do not deserve that amount of money.

WATERS
14-01-2009, 07:05 PM
There are no other sports that deserve more money at all, i totally disagree with that at all. Football is the most popular sport in the world and deserves all the money it makes and more.

Scarlett.
14-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by WATERS
There are no other sports that deserve more money at all, i totally disagree with that at all. Football is the most popular sport in the world and deserves all the money it makes and more. What about Sports like sailing, in which people live and sleep at sea?
That deserves more money

andyman
14-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Xander
All I can say is that there are other sports more deserving of the money than football, for what they do they so do not deserve that amount of money. Not all footballers earn that much, the ones that do are worth every penny! They put bums on seats, their names sell shirts all over the world! The money will be made no matter what so why cant the footballer have a fair shave of that? If the player does not get the money then the money will only fall into the wrong pockets!
Another factor is that if wages are capped then the best players will just go abroad and the english league will suffer. The english league is watched all over the world and is the best league in the world.
Plus its not a job for life, 35 is very old in the game and many dont play after that age, well not at top level if they are a striker.

Xander
14-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WATERS
There are no other sports that deserve more money at all, i totally disagree with that at all. Football is the most popular sport in the world and deserves all the money it makes and more.

So what if its the most popular that has nothing to do with the higher pay, and why does no other sport deserve more money, because I can think of lots of sports/sportmens that work so much harder those of footballers. They in my eyes deserve more money for the amount of effort and dedication they put it. I think Football is far too overrated.

andyman
14-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Football makes money! Other sports dont!! Blame the public not football for other sports low earnings.
If the players dont get a fair slice then the money just goes into the wrong pockets.
Club are a world wide brand and it makes money... Should a doctor be paid the same as a food packer?

Fom
14-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Its only premiership thats the problem, all other footballers work on a normal wage.

andyman
14-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Fom
Its only premiership thats the problem, all other footballers work on a normal wage. If clubs dont pay for the stars then the stars will just go abroad, the english premiership is the best and most watched in the world and hope it stays that way.