PDA

View Full Version : OFCOM - BB - Coolio

fingers
16-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I really hope that this is true!

OFCOM to investigate allegations of racial abuse by that hooligan Coolio. They'd do better to investigate his bullying and his lame attempts to justify it!

Locke.
16-01-2009, 12:49 PM
:sleep:

fingers
16-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by David
:sleep:

'Nite 'Nite!:yuk:

bradley27
16-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I just posted in another thread about his behaviour towards Mutya last night and to me that was the step over the line. He has no right to touch or manhandle anyone else

andyman
16-01-2009, 12:57 PM
And water down BB? Might aswell watch CBeebies!!
No BB fan should want Ofcom to stick their nose into BB, will only make it lame and force BB to treat the housemates like kids! We will never have the same BB again that we all love thanks to Ofcom and Channel 4 walking on eggshells!!

Ofcom can Of-off!!

fingers
16-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by andyman
No BB fan should want Ofcom to stick their nose into BB, will only make it lame and force BB to treat the housemates like kids! We will never have the same BB again that we all love thanks to Ofcom and Channel 4 walking on eggshells!!

Ofcom can Of-off!!

Whatever!

andyman
16-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by bradley27
I just posted in another thread about his behaviour towards Mutya last night and to me that was the step over the line. He has no right to touch or manhandle anyone else Anybody moan when Ulrika slapped Terry around the face?
It's just the Coolio haters getting their knickers in a twist again!

bradley27
16-01-2009, 01:03 PM

Ofcom can Of-off!!

if they had dealt with it properly in Jade's case, OfCom would never have been used in this way. Although BB's disregard for voters with the whole Nikki thing was when people first realised they didnt have to accept it, and once the dam was broken.

Before I read about what he has done with Mutya last night, I would have said I want him out but there was no reason to kick him out,with the caveat.... from what they have shown us, but now I think he has crossed the line

bradley27
16-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I just posted in another thread about his behaviour towards Mutya last night and to me that was the step over the line. He has no right to touch or manhandle anyone else Anybody moan when Ulrika slapped Terry around the face?

I'm sure you can tell the difference

arista
16-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by fingers

OFCOM to investigate allegations of racial abuse by that hooligan Coolio. They'd do better to investigate his bullying and his lame attempts to justify it!

What a waste of Time and Money.

Fact.

Jack
16-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Ofcom can Of-off!!

Even though a dislike Coolio, I completely agree. It's becoming less and less like "reality" TV.

bradley27
16-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Jack

Ofcom can Of-off!!

Even though a dislike Coolio, I completely agree. It's becoming less and less like "reality" TV.

it was never "reality" from series one. Why else have they always had a "story editor"? They created a winner in the first seies to suit their need and chose to ignore some of the most revolting thing he did and it has always been the case since. In fact BB is about the only thing where technology has been used that year after year has been removed and cut back. That was their biggest mistake. They allowed us to see too much, especially on BB2 and since then they have cut back on it.

Jack
16-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jack

Ofcom can Of-off!!

it was never "reality" from series one. Why else have they always had a "story editor"? They created a winner in the first seies to suit their need and chose to ignore some of the most revolting thing he did and it has always been the case since. In fact BB is about the only thing where technology has been used that year after year has been removed and cut back. That was their biggest mistake. They allowed us to see too much, especially on BB2 and since then they have cut back on it.

I didn't say it was reality in the first place but it's moving further away from the concept it originally stood for. Since CBB5, you can tell the producers are trying to stifle the behaviour of the housemates. If BB5 was post-CBB5 it would have been taken off the air after Fight Night.

Stu
16-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Nice to see your doing your part in killing Big Brother.

fingers
16-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Whatever!

Stu
16-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Whatever!
Thought provoking, as ever.

fingers
16-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Stu
Originally posted by Stu

Whatever!
Thought provoking, as ever.

Frankly I don't find you thought provoking in any way, shape, or form!!:joker:

30stone
16-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I understand your dislike for coolio haters.

Only problem is you see him as the see all and end all like hes a king... he does no wrong which is worse.

Stu
16-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Frankly I don't find you thought provoking in any way, shape, or form!!:joker:
Thats going a bit off the point. One thing I dont do on this forum is give one word responses to other folk who pose a point. It was a nice little post though and im sure we all got a little laugh.

Spike
16-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Its getting stupid now, I don't get why people are complaining
The show will be even more cautious now, its getting to the point now that the housemates can't even do the slightest thing which annoys the public.

Stu
16-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Its getting stupid now, I don't get why people are complaining
The show will be even more cautious now, its getting to the point now that the housemates can't even do the slightest thing which annoys the public.
People need to set their dislike of a television character away from actualy being offended. Im betting most complained because they just happen to think Coolio is a bit of a twat. He is, but the show would be better off without Ofcom compaints!

noahman
16-01-2009, 05:21 PM
OMG Not again :(

Sam!
16-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't like Coolio at all but he hasn't bullied anyone.

Stu
16-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by noahman
OMG Not again :(
Pretty much my thoughts summed up :thumbs:

bradley27
16-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Scampi

It depends what you define as bullying. As for as I' aware bullying can be mentally physically or vocal, or any mixture of them.

M X
16-01-2009, 05:55 PM
It's just the Coolio haters getting their knickers in a twist again! Comes to genitalia.

andyman
16-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TheMichaelO
It's just the Coolio haters getting their knickers in a twist again! Comes to genitalia. Fantastic post:thumbs:

And should Ofcom take action against Big Brother?

James
16-01-2009, 07:16 PM
TiBB poster quoted...

Ofcom investigating Celebrity Big Brother.

Friday, 16 January 2009

'Celebrity Big Brother' is being investigated by broadcast watchdog Ofcom following complaints from viewers about housemate Coolio.

The US Rapper has proved a controversial character since entering the house, and has been accused of using violent behaviour and language - including the word n****r - as well as reducing housemates to tears and bragging about carrying guns.

Click here to go to our Celebrity Big Brother Photo Gallery >

A spokesperson for Ofcom said: "I can confirm we have had complaints about Wednesday's (14.10.09) show over issues concerning Coolio. We will be investigating."

'Celebrity Big Brother' bosses are said to be doing all they can to prevent another race row, following the backlash from the show in 2007 which saw Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara shamed for their bullying of Indian Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. The show was pulled from schedules the following year as a result.

Viewers have accused producers of double standards and favouritism toward Coolio because of his star status, citing housemate Alexandra DeGale's removal from the non-celebrity house in 2008 for aggressive behaviour as an example.

Big Brother fan sophieyk2, writing on website forum thisisbigbrother.com, said: "They got rid of Alexandra for the way she spoke to people. She was intimidating and so is Coolio. BB should not be condoning his behaviour. Double standards I think."

For the latest Celebrity Big Brother news click here >

The show's first evictee, glamour model Lucy Pinder also accused producers of editing Coolio's worst behaviour out of the TV show.

She said: "I think the public should know what he is really like. A lot is not being shown. I cannot understand why he hasn't been called in and given a proper warning."

A spokesperson for 'Celebrity Big Brother' says the housemates are monitored at all times and insists none of the contestants have directly complained about Coolio's behaviour.

(C) BANG Media International

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/television/ofcom-investigating-celebrity-big-brother.-.html

Stu
16-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Their is a world of difference of difference between Alexandra and Coolio. Anybody who takes anything he says seriously needs to get out more. Seriously.

fingers
16-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, deary me, It'll be my fault if BB gets hammered again!!!!!
Lol:whistle:

I suppose there are people who'd also defend "snuff" movies!:xyxwave:

letmein
16-01-2009, 08:16 PM

That was an accident. They laughed and she was generally surprised.

letmein
16-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Britain is the biggest crybaby country on the planet.

Why does government have to intervene in every single argument? God!

And racial what? What did Coolio do?

bbfanbb
16-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I never disliked Coolio at the beginning. In fact I thought he would be amusing and annoying, therefore great BB watching. He is however a bully, a sexist pig and calls Tina fat. He was all over Mutya and she was far from enjoying the attention. What a sleaze. That is all bullying. I am not a great fan of Tina either, but she has lost a lot of weight with a bit of help and she is still losing it. It is nasty to call someone fat and he means it nastily.
I do not think everything in the show should be scrutinized, but he should be reprimanded.

letmein
16-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bbfanbb
I never disliked Coolio at the beginning. In fact I thought he would be amusing and annoying, therefore great BB watching. He is however a bully, a sexist pig and calls Tina fat. He was all over Mutya and she was far from enjoying the attention. What a sleaze. That is all bullying. I am not a great fan of Tina either, but she has lost a lot of weight with a bit of help and she is still losing it. It is nasty to call someone fat and he means it nastily.
I do not think everything in the show should be scrutinized, but he should be reprimanded.

Who cares if she's lost weight? Under most circumstances, making someone's weight the butt of jokes in the house, would be off limits.

Tina happens to raid the fridge.

Stu
17-01-2009, 10:44 AM

What has that got to do with anything? Take a look at your own pre-installed set of morals if you are comparing Coolio to a snuff movie.

''u lik coolio and dat means u lik da holocaust LOLZ 2K9''

fingers
17-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Stu

What has that got to do with anything? Take a look at your own pre-installed set of morals if you are comparing Coolio to a snuff movie.

You would do well to read the Forum Rules,Why make me the butt of your insults?:whistle:

By the way, is your misinterpretation of my post deliberate?

letmein
17-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Scampi

Are you joking?

He had Michelle breaking down every five seconds and wouldn't let up. He has said some of the worst things in the house possible to people.

Coolio IS a bully. He makes for good tv though.:laugh2:

letmein
17-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Stu

You would do well to read the Forum Rules,Why make me the butt of your insults?:whistle:

Insults? I think it's time you think first before you post. :rolleyes:

fingers
17-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by letmein
Originally posted by Stu

Why?

letmein
17-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Why?

You're declaring that if anyone doesn't agree with your take on this series and what is going on, they'd be the same ones defending snuff films.

God.

fingers
17-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Why?

You're declaring that if anyone doesn't agree with your take on this series and what is going on, they'd be the same ones defending snuff films.

God.

Isn't it funny how members will misinterpret posts just so they can insult other members?????

letmein
17-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Stu

Why?

God.

Isn't it funny how members will misinterpret posts just so they can insult other members????? No one is misinterpreting you. Stop playing the victim.

fingers
17-01-2009, 12:47 PM
:joker::joker::whistle::joker: