PDA

View Full Version : First Wales, now Scotland!!!

Kaz
21-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm SO not amused! :mad:

Extract from an article in today's Sun:

A blundering international travel company sparked disbelief by claiming Scotland is situated in 'northern England'. :mad:

Tour giant BudgetTravel.com made the emgarrassing gaffe on its website, which misspells our name "Scottland" and describes us as "belonging" to England. :shocked:

According to these dozy Americans, Scottland belongs to and is located in the northern part of England. It is a unique region with the Highlands and various islands. The Scots are known for their independence and scotch whiskey.

Hilarious!!!!!! How would they like it if we described America as a suburb of Canada! :devil: :laugh:

BusyBee
21-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Oh Kaz at least you are still there even if they have moved you to Northern England. With Wales they lost it completely and all I can say is it was definitely still there when I left it the day before they lost it LOL

Oldgit
21-10-2004, 10:15 PM
You're right, though, Scotland is NOT in Northern England. However there are places in England called Scotland, in Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Berkshire, Devon and Dorset! (That's Midlands, South and South-West England!!)

Unless of course they meant Scotland as in "stop yer tickling Jock" in which case they are well out of order! Not only have the Europeans cancelled my next year's holiday in Wales, now the Americans are kicking Mrs Oldgit's cousins / aunts / uncles into the sea!

Sheesh!

James
22-10-2004, 12:04 AM
I was reading an article by an American academic-type guy today who referred to a law being passed by 'the government of England'...

BigSister
22-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Im going to Scotland on Monday ill check if it still is there I hope so

Kaz
22-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I hope so too, BigSister . . . . . . otherwise where on earth am I? :conf: :spin2: :laugh:

I hope you all realise that if it wasn't for good old Bonnie Scotland keeping a good grip onto England, it would float away and collide with France! :spin:

BigSister
22-10-2004, 10:38 PM
ill fall off the edge of the earth my dad will keep driving and we will fall off a cliff