PDA

View Full Version : Any computer recommendations

BusyBee
26-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Our trusty computer at home has been causing problems lately and OH has decided that it is time to replace. Anyone got any recommendations for a reliable, reasonably priced home computer - doesnt need to be all dancing type.

Any suggestions gratefully received. OH was keen to get a Dell, but I have heard people having problems with these. Any view?

Romantic Old Bird
26-10-2004, 06:52 PM
The best bet for a good reasonably priced computer is to go to your local little chap and ask him to build one to your requirements.

Alternatively, if you need the works, a new monitor, printer etc, you might be better ordering what you what from Dell.

BusyBee
26-10-2004, 07:10 PM
OH took it upon himself to go computer shopping whilst hard at work today so am now the proud co-owner of a brand new state of the art Packard Bell thingy. All singing and dancing. Of course had problems getting on to AOL cos we had our passwords saved and couldnt remember the flipping things:blush::blush: So had to speak to a very nice man in India or somewhere who sorted us out. Lovely flat screen monitor too. That's my christmas present gone out of the window.

Romantic Old Bird
27-10-2004, 07:26 AM
We shall expect great things from you now - or should I say even greater. Depending on the incumbent software the opportunities are endless. Wedding Congratulations Cards a mere bagatelle.

Even perhaps virtual trawls through the registry offices of neighbouring principalities......?

Lance
27-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Ooohhh....snazzy!lol!