PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Brook axed from BGT

Tom
19-01-2009, 10:53 PM
I like Kelly but Piers/Amanda/Simon should NOT be split up and there should NOT be a repeat of Simon/Sharon/Louis going

Paper 8:

LINK (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Newspaper-Front-Pages-For-Tuesday-January-20-2009/Media-Gallery/200901315206558?lpos=UK_News_News_in_Picture_UK_Ne ws_Region_0&lid=GALLERY_15206558_Newspaper_Front_Pages_For_Tue sday_January_20%2C_2009)

This is also the 2000th thread in Other Reality TV :tongue:

Fom
19-01-2009, 10:54 PM
:laugh2:

She lasted long!

30stone
19-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Fom
:laugh2:

She lasted long!

Exactly what i was going to say lol..

Spike
19-01-2009, 10:57 PM
That must the shortest time on a judging panel ever lol
She wasn't right for the job but I do think a new judge needs to be introduced.

Tom
19-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Spike
That must the shortest time on a judging panel ever lol
She wasn't right for the job but I do think a new judge needs to be introduced.

If it aint broke don't fix it

Scarlett.
19-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Good
Leave it with the three originals

MrGaryy
19-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank ****, I can;t stand her.

Matt
20-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Brook axed as talent show judge

Model and actress Kelly Brook has been axed as a judge on Britain's Got Talent after just six days in the job.

The 29-year-old was unveiled as a new judge on the ITV show only last Tuesday alongside Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden.

She had been attending auditions in Manchester but after reviewing the tapes, the show's producers decided the new panel was too "complicated".

Cowell said the format did not "support another judge".

In a statement, Cowell said: "I have genuinely enjoyed working with Kelly, she is absolutely lovely and a complete professional.

"But it's become clear the format doesn't support another judge and we will never add a fourth judge to the panel."

When he recruited her, Cowell said she had "absolutely no idea what she's let herself in for".

'Huge regret'

A spokesman for production company TalkbackThames added: "The format of the show is cleaner and less complicated with just three judges, which was not fully appreciated ahead of filming.

"Although Kelly brings a huge amount of warmth to the show and we've loved having her on board, the complications it adds to the filming process and format of the show means that unfortunately, and with huge regret, we have agreed with ITV not to proceed with a fourth judge."

Brook - who is dating England rugby union international Danny Cipriani - has been left "stunned" by the decision, according to the Daily Mirror.

After being signed up with a reported £200,000 contract, she said she had been a "huge fan" of the show since its first series.

Brook, who trained at London's Italia Conti stage school, said: "With my dance background, I cannot wait to see the dancers."

Her first major TV job came in 1999 when she succeeded Denise Van Outen as co-presenter of The Big Breakfast, alongside Johnny Vaughan, at the age of 19.

But her performances on the show were heavily criticised in the press and she left the show after just six months.

She slowly rebuilt her on-screen career, presenting Celebrity Love Island, appearing in several TV shows and films in the US - including Superman spin-off Smallville - and competing in Strictly Come Dancing. Last year, she made her West End stage debut in the comic play Fat Pig.

Her recruitment on Britain's Got Talent followed the successful addition of Cheryl Cole as an extra judge in the last series of Cowell's other big UK show, The X Factor.

The winner of Britain's Got Talent pockets £100,000 and the chance to perform for the Queen at this year's Royal Variety Performance.

The third series of the show will be broadcast this spring.

Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7839084.stm)

\PJ/
20-01-2009, 09:25 AM
GGGood!

jonsep
20-01-2009, 10:02 AM
kelly brook.Mmmmmm:flowers:

Tom4784
20-01-2009, 10:38 AM
I reckon they wanted another 'Cheryl Cole' figure since she was a huge success on X Factor but Kelly wasn't actually that good at it I reckon.

Saph
21-01-2009, 05:50 PM
i want amanda and Peirs to go :l there so talentless!!

GiRTh
22-01-2009, 02:09 PM
What a gigantic surprise. Didnt I say she was going to be useless?
Obviously she was even worse than I envisaged.

MarkWaldorf
22-01-2009, 02:21 PM
DS are reporting Simon offered her a role on the ITV2 show.

GiRTh
22-01-2009, 02:24 PM
She be more suited to that. A bit of informal light chat and news would be better for her.

MarkWaldorf
22-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I guess, but presenting really isn't her thing (if that's what Simon's offered her). When she presented Love Island years ago, she was dropped because she was so heavily critised for being 'wooden'. I wonder how she'll manage this time?

GiRTh
22-01-2009, 02:30 PM
She'll be wooden for sure but if they want her involved in the BGT show then the light hearted chat is better suited for her, giving construstive criticisn is definitely not what she's good at.

MarkWaldorf
22-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Do you think they'll show what she filmed? I'm curious to see what she's like.

Tom
22-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
She be more suited to that. A bit of informal light chat and news would be better for her.

A bit like The Big Breakfast? :tongue:

Originally posted by Markus
Do you think they'll show what she filmed? I'm curious to see what she's like.

Unless they pretend the Manchester auditions never happened then yeah. But we'll probably be told the story with epic music a la X Factor :rolleyes: