PDA

View Full Version : Coolio emotional at Obama's inauguration

Locke.
21-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Coolio shed tears in the Big Brother house as he watched his country's new President being sworn into office.

The rapper had earlier displayed his admiration for Barack Obama by claiming that he would "jump in front of the bullet" if someone attempted to assassinate him.

Housemates heard that they would be allowed to watch the ceremony and gathered in the living area for the screening.

A visibly moved Coolio appeared to be tearful as President Obama's speech came to an end, declaring: "My next album, I know its title now."

Tommy told the American Big Brother contingent: "At long last, you've got something to be proud of", while Terry revealed his inner cynic by pointing out that the new President didn't "actually say what he was going to do".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/a144029/coolio-emotional-at-obamas-inauguration.html

jonsep
21-01-2009, 04:55 PM
more privalages:rolleyes:

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Thats really cool! I was wondering if they would get to watch it. No one should miss such a historic event, especially if you are african american. Well done Big Brother.

And Jonsep, with just 2 words, you should be able to spell them right.

fingers
21-01-2009, 04:58 PM
must be a "black" thing!!

Barack has the Secret Service to "take the bullet" doesn't he?

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by fingers
must be a "black" thing!!

:bored::bored:

jonsep
21-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha
Thats really cool! I was wondering if they would get to watch it. No one should miss such a historic event, especially if you are african american. Well done Big Brother.

And Jonsep, with just 2 words, you should be able to spell them right. thats right take the pi*s out of people with dyslexia,very shallow person.

Novo
21-01-2009, 05:05 PM
What a Nice man

jonsep
21-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by .Andy.
What a Nice man :thumbs:

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by jonsep

And Jonsep, with just 2 words, you should be able to spell them right. thats right take the pi*s out of people with dyslexia,very shallow person.

Whatever dude! Were you not taking the piiss with your wonderful more privileges comment?

Regardless, 2 words? Spell them correctly if youre gonna take the piss, expect the same in return.
And incidentally, glad that your next post had all word spelled correctly, Dyslexia and all.

Locke.
21-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by fingers
Barack has the Secret Service to "take the bullet" doesn't he?

That doesn't mean Coolio wouldn't take the bullet if he had to [Which he obviously won't have to, before you make a comment on that].

Fom
21-01-2009, 05:19 PM
You seem to get the odd one or two black people who just go over the top. Why the hell should it matter so much? Its just a colour of skin... nothing amazing about him!

Novo
21-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Well Tbh he's the first black president

it is a big thing

so they have every right to go over the top

jonsep
21-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by jonsep

Whatever dude! Were you not taking the piiss with your wonderful more privileges comment?

Regardless, 2 words? Spell them correctly if youre going to take the p**s, expect the same in return.
And incidentally, glad that your next post had all word spelled correctly, Dyslexia and all. People wont take to kind about your insults on dyslexia on this forum.go do it somwere else.

Tom4784
21-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I actually liked Coolio again last night so I think this shows a better side to him. Let's hoep he doesn't slip into arse mode again.

Fom
21-01-2009, 05:26 PM

it is a big thing

Suppose, its just that when a white person does something for the first time I don't go 'Yes it makes me feel proud to be white', black people must think differently. To me its just skin colour, dont see the big fuss. I would like to think the crowds gathered for him and not his colour. But thats doubtfull.
People think because he is a different colour the whole country is gonna change... pfft.

Locke.
21-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Davina just said on BBLB that she was crying watching Coolio cry.

stonedape
21-01-2009, 05:27 PM
It shouldn't be a big deal he's a black President, but it is because of America's history and the fact that there's been 42 white ones (1 white guy twice!).

Beyond that, he's eloquent and reasonably intelligent- and that's a huge step up from Bush. If he does as well as he promises, he's going to be coin material and everyone knows it. I'm not making any judgments, but shutting down Guantanamo in 24 hours is a nice start. /end political crap on BB forum

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I am making fun of you dude!! Dont bring anyone else into it. Anyways, clearly you dont have a point, and thats why you result in accusation.

Fact remains, when youre taking the piss, with 2 words, make sure they are correct. And I dont believe you for one second.

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Fom

it is a big thing

Suppose, its just that when a white person does something for the first time I don't go 'Yes it makes me feel proud to be white', black people must think differently. To me its just skin colour, dont see the big fuss. I would like to think the crowds gathered for him and not his colour. But thats doubtfull.
People think because he is a different colour the whole country is going to change... pfft.

I am sure if white people were enslaved for 400 years in Africa, and if they were 2nd class citizens for more than 100 years after that, and one day a white person is finally president of the whole continent, then you would feel differently.

GiRTh
21-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fom
People think because he is a different colour the whole country is going to change... pfft. Its admirable that you see it only as 'skin colour, but you do realise that to some people the only thing that matters in 'skin colour'.

Its a big deal because those people - and in America there are more of them than people think - have finally got to put up with the fact that they live in the real world and will have to accept a black president. Its a historic achievement.

Novo
21-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fom

it is a big thing

People think because he is a different colour the whole country is going to change... pfft.

I am sure if white people were enslaved for 400 years in Africa, and one day a white person is finally president of the whole continent, then you would feel differently.

Yeah i was just going to say that

I think its because the way black people have been treated the last 100's of years it's great news obama is president
just 30 years ago he would not have stood a chance

Tom4784
21-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Fom

it is a big thing

I am sure if white people were enslaved for 400 years in Africa, and if they were 2nd class citizens for more than 100 years after that, and one day a white person is finally president of the whole continent, then you would feel differently.

We need to let go of the past, or else rascism will never be eradicated. I made it sound trivial but if people keep punishing others over choices they're ancesters made then we'll never be able to become better.

On the main matter at hand I think Obama is amazing and it truly annoys me when people make more of a deal out of his skin then himself. He's gonna stand for change for all americans, why cheapen the effect and say 'well he's black so it's obviously a big thing for black people' That does nothing but segregate a group of people in my mind.

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Letting go of the past, doesnt mean you cant celebrate history, and make a big deal out of it. Who is punishing anyone? By celebrating the 1st ever black president of the United States? I think the fact that an african american president is elected, and celebrated by everyone, can only be commended. I am more concerned about people who are actually annoyed by that. The next black president of the US obviously wont be celebrated like that.
In any case, most people cant relate to the enormity of the events, so probably will never get it.

Tom4784
21-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Letting go of the past, doesnt mean you cant celebrate history, and make a big deal out of it. Who is punishing anyone? By celebrating the 1st ever black president of the United States? I think the fact that an african american president is elected, and celebrated by everyone, can only be commended. I am more concerned about people who are actually annoyed by that. The next black president of the US obviously wont be celebrated like that.
In any case, most people cant relate to the enormity of the events, so probably will never get it.

The race issue was seperate from the barack statement hence the gap and me pointing out that I was commentating on Obama.

First of, i'm not annoyed by Barrack being black and if that's what you meant (I apologise in advance if i've misunderstood) then I am very offended. I'm annoyed that people get hung up on his race and how it often displaces the fact that he has brilliant potential and will help in changing America for the best.

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy

The race issue was seperate from the barack statement hence the gap and me pointing out that I was commentating on Obama.

First of, i'm not annoyed by Barrack being black and if that's what you meant (I apologise in advance if i've misunderstood) then I am very offended. I'm annoyed that people get hung up on his race and how it often displaces the fact that he has brilliant potential and will help in changing America for the best. [/quote]

I dont mean annoyed at Obama being Black, annoyed at people amking a big deal of his race. The fact is, if you dont make a big deal out of it, its because you want to pretend that its all normal, he is just another democratic president. First of all that would be disrespectful, because you are undermining all those people who have lived in a country were they were second class citizens for generations, and never thought they would ever live to see the day!
I am very proud of the United States and its people, and I commend them for making a huge deal out of it. Because guess what, it is a huge deal. Its a milestone, and a big one at that.

The jury is out as to how good of a president he is going to be. He will only be judged by his actions during his term.
But for now, let those who want to make a big deal out of one of their own becoming president, as much as they want to.

30stone
21-01-2009, 06:31 PM
What would people say if he ends up doing badly as president?

Wildcat!
21-01-2009, 06:37 PM
First of all, giving who he is succeeding, odds are he will be a better president. Secondly, if he does **** up as pres, he will be treated like any dissapointing outgoing president before him. David Letterman, Jay Leno and John Stewart will make fun of him, and he wont be re elected.

Thats it!!

bradley27
21-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I actually liked Coolio again last night so I think this shows a better side to him. Let's hoep he doesn't slip into **** mode again.

and thats what the plan was.... it disgusts me how they have allowed this sick individual not only to stay but be made to look as if nothing happened before.

I wonder how he would have acted if Obama was a black woman.

I feel sick that this has been shown. Why? Never before? I wish they never have American h/ms if they have to have all this sh*t done for them

bradley27
21-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by David
Davina just said on BBLB that she was crying watching Coolio cry.

towing the party line..... I wonder if he would have cried if it was a black woman

letmein
22-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by bradley27
I actually liked Coolio again last night so I think this shows a better side to him. Let's hoep he doesn't slip into **** mode again.

and thats what the plan was.... it disgusts me how they have allowed this sick individual not only to stay but be made to look as if nothing happened before.

I feel sick that this has been shown. Why? Never before? I wish they never have American h/ms if they have to have all this sh*t done for them

You have a point.

Bells
24-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by letmein
Originally posted by bradley27

You have a point.

I don't agree. Why should it just be because they're American? Certainly, it'll have more of an effect on them. But this is just as much a global achievement, since Obama has ties with around the world. It is a massive deal because he has managed to encourage the American electorate once more, after the last few horrendous years in politics. Anything that happens in America does affect the world, whether people like it or not - and I think it's pretty ignorant that such a low number of people here seem to be even partially interested. Plus, it's historic.

letmein
24-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I was referring to how it was going to help Coolio with the viewers, showing this two-second softer side of him.

fishseller
24-01-2009, 10:25 AM
What a tw@t:cheer2: