PDA

View Full Version : ITV could be in Talks With Endemol For BB

JohnnyBB
22-01-2009, 03:21 AM
i can Feel It In me warters those bitches are gonna go for it at a nock down price. from the looks of it today channel4 are not gonna have enought money to renew there contract with endemol this year if you watch the interveiw on sky news with the boss of channel 4.

andyman
22-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Well thats a deffo bye bye to the BB 24/7 live feed.

jonsep
22-01-2009, 09:18 AM
they could always use itv2 for lv,they did that a few years back with im a celeb.

Fom
22-01-2009, 09:19 AM
I reckon ITV would do a good job. Make it new again!

officialleafan
22-01-2009, 09:42 AM
For god's sake. Channel 4 is a lot better channel than ITV. Just because we don't have 24/7 live feed doesn't mean that Channel 4 is rubbish and must hand BB over to another. If BB would've been on ITV it would've been axed years ago - as we know they axe all the good shows once the rating go down a little.

And also...what about Davina? "Big Brother house this is Davina, you are live on ITV please do not swear" ...Sounds stupid to me.

NettoSuperstar!
22-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Then the entertainment will be even more likely to be voted off first with even more middle of the road watchers!

Jackie
22-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Well BB have to do something Endemol don't have enough money to make this a better series as with the red button gone not as many people are intersted in watching.I for one miss the red button.

Tom
22-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Well you do know that BB is signed up to Channel 4 until 2010? Also you do realise that the series Big Brother under performs for ITV it would be axed where Channel 4 have stuck with it? And given what they've done to I'm a Celebrity ...

*mazedsalv**
22-01-2009, 11:06 AM
I kind of hope it does move to ITV, at least they would change some stuff, unlike C4 which would leave the series to suffer until it goes under 1m.

Spike
22-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I want it to move to ITV, it would be best for the show

arista
22-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by andyman
Well thats a deffo bye bye to the BB 24/7 live feed.

We do not know that
with big brother the 7.99 charge is a good one
for internet feed.

arista
22-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by officialleafan
For god's sake. Channel 4 is a lot better channel than ITV. Just because we don't have 24/7 live feed doesn't mean that Channel 4 is rubbish and must hand BB over to another. If BB would've been on ITV it would've been axed years ago - as we know they axe all the good shows once the rating go down a little.

And also...what about Davina? "Big Brother house this is Davina, you are live on ITV please do not swear" ...Sounds stupid to me.

Davina is paid by Endemol
so she would jump with it.

arista
22-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyBB
i can Feel It In me warters those bitches are going to go for it at a nock down price. from the looks of it today channel4 are not going to have enought money to renew there contract with endemol this year if you watch the interveiw on sky news with the boss of channel 4.

Here is the link and VT on the left.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Channel-Four-Merger-With-Five-Would-Not-Solve-Funding-Problems-Says-Boss-Luke-Johnson/Article/200901315207993?lpos=Business_News_Your_Way_Region _1&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15207993_Channel_Four_Merg er_With_Five_Would_Not_Solve_Funding_Problems_Says _Boss_Luke_Johnson

Brekkie
22-01-2009, 02:49 PM
The format isn't as attractive as it was last time the rights were up for grabs. If C4 don't want it, nobody will.

MarkWaldorf
22-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think any network would want to take the risks of owning it.

arista
22-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Markus
I don't think any network would want to take the risks of owning it.

It depends on who is in Charge

Look at Five
now run by Ex Sky boss
Dawn Airey.

And Ch4 has to make a deal with Five
or BBC Worldwide - America (Commercial side)
or sack half the staff.

arista
22-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Brekkie
The format isn't as attractive as it was last time the rights were up for grabs. If C4 don't want it, nobody will.

Ch4 want it
but may find the long funding crisis means to pass it on.

*mazedsalv**
22-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Tbh, i really want it top move now. At least ITV will do more advertsing for it

arista
23-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Tbh, i really want it top move now. At least ITV will do more advertsing for it

Thats true.

Tom
23-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by arista

Davina is paid by Endemol
so she would jump with it.

Davina is hired by Channel 4 and they tell Endemol she is to present the show. It happens with all programmes e.g. X Factor. The judges, Dermot and Holly all work for ITV not Syco. Odd, but its the way TV works.

Originally posted by Brekkie

Sky will get it if Channel 4 don't want it imo. They've shown interest before and the current figures are more than enough for Sky to show interest. They're also ressurecting a couple of shows lately (albeit some with different names) so I wouldn't be so surprised. But I'd bet on it taking the American format if it went to Sky.

davina1973
24-01-2009, 09:50 AM
is there room on itv for big brother what time slot would it get?would be hard i think maybe sky 1 would be better?

*mazedsalv**
24-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I just hope ITV get it and get BB some more viewers.

Glenn.
24-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Channel 4 have Big Brother til 2011, and as far as Im concerned if it dont get any better then I would be quite happy to wave goodbye to it. ITV wont want it, its just a rumour the papers made up.

arista
24-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by davina1973
is there room on itv for big brother what time slot would it get?would be hard i think maybe sky 1 would be better?

infact sky1 has no room for it
as 24 and lost
bring in millions.

ITV are in a bad way
by getting Big Brother next year
would boost them.

Glenn.
24-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Big Brother is on Channel 4 til 2011!!!! Thats another 2yrs away! ITV will not have Big Brother next year!. I wish people would get the facts sorted before they comment on something!

arista
24-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
Big Brother is on Channel 4 til 2011!!!! Thats another 2yrs away! ITV will not have Big Brother next year!. I wish people would get the facts sorted before they comment on something!

Yes contracted for 2010.

So Jan '11 Celeb Big Brother ITV1/2

ITV can do a deal for the Next tenure contract
and take a long time to set it up.
having talks with Endemol
is a Positive action.

monkeymadness
04-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Guys if you think of this. If Big Brother Went to itv they would Have a different website and different font, we are used to the same font and website every year so it would look daft been a different font and as for me. Big Brother is better on channel 4 who thinks this is right ? :D

Spike
04-02-2009, 06:43 AM
If I was head of ITV I would big for BB. It would be a good replacement for News at Ten in the summer, it would get more viewers and more 16-34's. Also it could launch on BGT live show week boosting first week ratings and therefore it could make the show a ratings hit again.
With the right scheduling from ITV, the show could be as big as it was a few years ago

Brekkie
04-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Mmmm... News at Ten doesn't need replacing in the summer.

There isn't a slot for Big Brother on ITV1, and it's too pricey for ITV2.

ITV1 aren't bothering investing too much in content to air after News at Ten now, while the 9pm slot will be occupied by The Bill and at least one new drama each week, plus a couple of cheap documentaries. Why shell out for an eviction show on Friday nights when they can put a 10-year old repeat of Frost on and get more viewers?

It may have been an attractive option last time the contract was up (though ultimately it's believed ITV made no formal bid for it), but why would they want to buy the show now when like it or not, it's pretty much dead.

Tom
04-02-2009, 03:34 PM
^ News at Ten needs to go full stop, not just replacing in the summer

Matt
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by monkeymadness
Guys if you think of this. If Big Brother Went to itv they would Have a different website and different font, we are used to the same font and website every year so it would look daft been a different font and as for me. Big Brother is better on channel 4 who thinks this is right ? :D

...because the font and website are the most important aspects of Big Brother... :rolleyes:

Tom
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Matt
Originally posted by monkeymadness

...because the font and website are the most important aspects of Big Brother... :rolleyes:

... and haven't we only had that font since BB6 or 7 anyway?

Matt
04-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom

... and haven't we only had that font since BB6 or 7 anyway?

It's been in use since Channel 4 relaunched in December 2004. The first series to use it was CBB3. :thumbs:

I love the Channel 4 font :lovedup:

Glenn.
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by arista
Originally posted by Glenn

Yes contracted for 2010.

So Jan '11 Celeb Big Brother ITV1/2

ITV can do a deal for the Next tenure contract
and take a long time to set it up.
having talks with Endemol
is a Positive action.

Why would they have CBB on ITV in 2011 when BB will be on C4 in 2010?:rolleyes: