PDA

View Full Version : The worry i have

Lewis.
22-01-2009, 03:35 PM
The

Matt
22-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Starting to? They've done it with Mikey (BB9) and Pete (BB7) too.

I hate people who progress far on the sympathy vote - although at least Mikey was slightly entertaining.

fishseller
22-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Channel 4 producers should get the sack and let me in control:whistle::elephant::colour::cheer::devil:

Dave.V
22-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Lewiis.Xx
The worry i have about big brother is that they are starting to put people in with a disability. I think that because of the disibility, people will feel sorry for them and automatically like them. Take Verne for Example, the only entertaining thing he has done, is crash into the diary room door, But just because he has a height disability, people think he deserves it

i am not being nasty about anybody and do not mean to offend anyone Don't worry Be happy:bigsmile::hugesmile::laugh::laugh2:

Wildcat!
22-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I agree with Lewis. But you cant say no disabled people will go in because it sounds discriminatory.

The thing is, you should allow anyone to get in the house. BUt they shouldnt edit them to make them look good.
Like when Pete was in there they mute offensive comments, and dont show him on the highlight when he did bad things. the most blatant was Mickey lasst year, same for Nadia.
And verne, he says a lot of bad things on LF but they never show it on the highlights, or they mute the volume, of you watch night LF.
If they edited them the same as everyone else, I have no problem with it.

arista
22-01-2009, 03:52 PM
The worry i have about big brother is that they are starting to put people in with a disability. I think that because of the disibility, people will feel sorry for them and automatically like them. Take Verne for Example, the only entertaining thing he has done, is crash into the diary room door, But just because he has a height disability, people think he deserves it

i am not being nasty about anybody and do not mean to offend anyone

I do not see it that way
Verne is a Celeb - a big star at one point.

His life runs out at 50.

He has been funny.

BigBrotherfan4ever
22-01-2009, 03:58 PM

i am not being nasty about anybody and do not mean to offend anyone I agree with you Lewiis, & i myself have disability, why should people with a disability win the show, even if there not entertaining, i certainly wont be voting for Verne, i cant stand the guy.:mad:

Wildcat!
22-01-2009, 04:02 PM
My point is, its not only because they are disabled that they get an advantage. Its because the edit, makes them look good, and they take out any wrong doing. Thats not fair.

BigOz
22-01-2009, 04:04 PM
But Pete did deserve it though....

Wildcat!
22-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I dont agree bigOZ. I think Glyn, Aisleyne and Richard, were the most deserving that series. No one wanted to upset Pete. They treated him differently. And the edit never showed when he was being annoying. Remember Pete would stay for days without doing anything. And he manipulated the public with his dream stories. Not to mention the ridiculous bringing back Nicky fiasco, for the storyline.

Shaun
22-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I have to say that whilst I am with you in principle, in that people overcoming obstacles in their lives, whilst admirable, is obviously going to get votes; Verne has redeeming qualities other than his disability.

Just because he has one, doesn't mean you should stop there and use it as a reason not to vote for him, or Mikey, or Pete, or any other future housemate. Verne's a funny, nice and genuine guy. He's provided us with some entertainment (I won't say the most, because he hasn't), and has been a decent housemate. I, for one, cannot say anything bad about him.

So I think people should look a bit deeper than saying "HE ONLY GETS THE SYMPATHY VOTE!" because in a lot of cases that's far from the truth.

arista
22-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BigOz
But Pete did deserve it though....

Yes he had that Crazy edge.

pinkmichk
22-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
I have to say that whilst I am with you in principle, in that people overcoming obstacles in their lives, whilst admirable, is obviously going to get votes; Verne has redeeming qualities other than his disability.

Just because he has one, doesn't mean you should stop there and use it as a reason not to vote for him, or Mikey, or Pete, or any other future housemate. Verne's a funny, nice and genuine guy. He's provided us with some entertainment (I won't say the most, because he hasn't), and has been a decent housemate. I, for one, cannot say anything bad about him.

So I think people should look a bit deeper than saying "HE ONLY GETS THE SYMPATHY VOTE!" because in a lot of cases that's far from the truth.

excellent post i totally agree:thumbs:

letmein
22-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes, let's ban the disabled from BB! :hello:

Geez. The BB experience relies highly on putting people from all walks of life into a house and make them get on with one another.

StevieG
22-01-2009, 05:55 PM
To be fair, Mikey from BB9 was despised on the forums for the first half of BB9. He gained popularity when he started mouthing off to Rex and standing up for himself. He would have been evicted very early if the public had the chance.

I think the U.K loves to back an underdog, and unfortunately disabled housemates are often seen as underdogs. On the otherhand, some assume that the housemates with a disability will automatically win due to sympathy. Its a catch 22.

At the end of the day, disabled housemates have just as much right to be in there as anybody else. Mikey did not win BB9 and he certainly didn't get any sympathy at first. Verne has not won this (yet) and so far, the only disabled winner was Pete from BB7.

Abit early to be kicking up a fuss about it.