PDA

View Full Version : Civil Service cut backs

Sticks
03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Sorry to be political here, but for certain reasons this needs to be posted

The government has plans to axe 100, 000 civil servants. :shocked:

Uncommon to popular belief, civil servants do not all wear bowler hats and sit around drinking tea all day. (I drink coffee).

Essential public services are carried out by civil servants and will be damaged by the government’s
proposals. Services will be curtailed and they will become less accessible to the most vulnerable
members of society, such as children and pensioners.

Attached is a petition to print off an fill in and send to local members of parliament

Sticks
03-11-2004, 04:23 PM
For reasons best given by a pm, I am posting this

http://www.gsne03768.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/anticuts01a.jpg

Romantic Old Bird
04-11-2004, 07:09 AM
Well my husband is a civil servant as well. I think he will be safe as he is in a profession where they can't recruit enough of them. However he is very poorly paid for a job which requires a very high level of education, qualification and experience.

Whilst we are at it, so am I!:bawling:

BusyBee
04-11-2004, 01:50 PM
My son works for the civil service and is really badly paid although he has a responsible job. He says that the problem is that the higher you are the better your pay leaving the bottom of the rung people earning subsistence wages. The cut backs will not affect those earning the high wages but those who actually provide a service to the community

Sticks
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Shameless bumping of this topic to the top.

We had a strike today

What good it will do, I am uncertain :rolleyes: