PDA

View Full Version : RAF: Im joining up!!

cc100
16-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Im joining the RAF soon, not as a pilot but as an intellegence analyst/communications surveyor!!:thumbs::elephant::colour:

Sticks
16-11-2004, 05:48 PM
You should not be broadcasting this to all and sundry, especially on this medium :nono:

When you get your security induction session they will be telling you not to tell anyone where you work.

That is what they told us, many years when I did my MOD tour of duty. (Long since left)

Romantic Old Bird
17-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Well Sticks I imagine he might be going in to do something on the IT front. Not necessarily cloak and dagger stuff you know!

Good for you, and I hope you enjoy it.:thumbs:

When you are all trained up, don't forget us will you? We might need those skills!!

Sticks
18-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
Well Sticks I imagine he might be going in to do something on the IT front. Not necessarily cloak and dagger stuff you know!

With all due respect, as someone who has in the distant past worked for the MOD in a very low grade capacity, what ever you do, you NEVER broadcast the fact.

That is what were were told at our security induction lecture

cc100
18-11-2004, 02:21 PM
well you seem to be broadcasting it now.................

ive not had any lessons yet

noone knows who i am

i could be your next door neighbour and you wouldnt know

Sticks
18-11-2004, 05:08 PM
I mention it now, as it is now ancient history and I am of no value to interested parties.

bananarama
19-11-2004, 10:18 PM
As a matter of interest what does a "communications surveyor do exacly!!!!!!!

Very sound advice from Sticks which might well mean you cannot or should not answer my question!!!!! Decisions.Decisions.....

Some years ago I was a temp supervisor over a small security team. One of the team spouted about additional moonlighting security work he was involved in. It nearly cost him his position in both jobs. So as Sticks implies..Please don't talk about it.

As someone entering the world of intelligence you must surly know there are way of tracing people that are on the internet......Take sticks advice........

cc100
20-11-2004, 02:02 PM
ok

BusyBee
20-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Best of luck in your new career!