PDA

View Full Version : My BB10 ideas - general changes & week 1

dupin
25-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Overall Changes

- Each week, the three or more housemates with the most nominations face the public vote
- The prize fund is now £1,000,000
- Eviction shows are now one hour and 15 minute long shows, with 45 minutes of highlights, 10 minutes of eviction, and 20 minutes of interview.
- Highlights shows are now 50 minutes, every night at 9pm
- Sunday shows are now the psychology shows, as they used to be
- The weekly task changes – there are now two sections to it
- 1) A task that decides whether the housemate win a basic or luxury budget
- 3) A task that decides who will be Big Brother’s Favourite House for the week and win special privileges (not as extreme as head of house, just a few little treats over the week.)

Advertising Changes

- No more eye-flashes or house adverts
- Instead, a new, different, advertising campaign, starting ages before. Think of the way Skins was advertised for months before hand – adverts that make the programme seem new and are persistently on, to let people know when it starts.
- Go back to having billboards, many newspaper and radio adverts.
- A massive version of the Big Brother eye will hang above the River Thames, with a ‘COMING SOON’ message below it.

Launch Night

- On a Sunday night (best time for target audience)
- 15 housemates, 7 of them men, and 8 of them women will enter the house.
- The overall atmosphere must be different to signal change from the beginning. Maybe with Davina in the studio more, or a smaller crowed.
- The VTs should be different as well – more like the Celebrity Hijack housemates’ VTs that show them more as people and what they are like. The VTs will be longer, the actual entrance much shorter.
- The overall format remains the same, with VT followed by entrance, but maybe some new features in between some of the entries.
- Before the VT, Davina is in the studio, and reveals the name, age, and job of the housemate before they enter, like Big Brother 3, to bring back the feel of the more successful series.

The overall Launch would go like this:

8.30 Launch starts, Davina begins in the house
8.33 Video about how Big Brother is changing (including auditions, house design etc.)
8.36 House tour, as usual
8.43 Break
8.47 Davina is now in the studio, first housemate VT & entrance
8.50 Second housemate VT & entrance
8.53 Third housemate VT & entrance
8.56 Fourth housemate VT & entrance
8.59 Break
9.03 Davina interviews executive producers who hints at things to come in the series
9.05 Fifth housemate VT & entrance
9.08 Sixth housemate VT & entrance
9.11 Seventh housemate VT & entrance
9.14 Break
9.17 Live from the house (as there will not be a great deal of time when they enter)
9.19 Eighth housemate VT & entrance
9.22 Ninth housemate VT & entrance
9.25 Tenth housemate VT & Entrnace
9.28 Break
9.31 Davina interviews whoever is presenting the spin-off show about what’s in store
9.34 Eleventh housemate VT & entrance
9.37 Twelfth housemate VT & entrance
9.40 Thirteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.43 Fourteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.46 Break
9.50 Fifteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.54 Big Brother gathers housemates on the sofa
9.55 Big Brother says there is two things to reveal tonight – the first is that one of the housemates will leave a millionaire, as the prize fund is now £1,000,000.
9.56 The second is that there will be no eviction on Friday.
9.57 Davina says that there will be something completely different on Friday night instead, where she won’t be hosting the show from the Big Brother house, and where we will meet four new housemates. She promises that it will be an unforgettable edition of Big Brother.

Over the course of the first week, Friday’s show will be hugely advertised, basically as much as the launch. The press will be able to reveal the basic idea to get people interested, and will be asked to whip up a massive frenzy about it.

The first week itself, is filled with interesting tasks and psychological games to get the social experiment going. On Day 2, housemates will be given a task to decide which bed they will sleep for the duration of their stay. This means people may end up sharing double beds with people they end up hating, and beds that may seem good at first may end not being.

On Day 3, the housemates nominate for the first time and are told that they are nominating for eviction, to confuse them. They all nominate, and are then all sat down and watch the nominations in front of each other that night.

Day 4 sees the first weekly task, where housemates’ endurance will be tested. The task is split up into three sections –

1) The Endurance Beam sees a beam outside, with a screen displaying a number. Whatever is the number on the screen is the number of housemates that must be stood on the beam as long as that number is showing. When the number changes, housemates have 30 seconds to make sure that the correct number of people is on the beam. This lasts for 36 hours. If housemates pass this section, they win a luxury shopping budget.

2) The Endurance Room sees each housemate called to the diary room over a 48-hour period whilst Big Brother tries to irritate them so much that they leave. Whichever housemate stays in for the longest, and wins the task, will win the role of Big Brother’s Favourite Housemate for the week.

On Day 5, the results of the weekly shopping task are announced and the housemates write the shopping list – the shopping is not delivered until the morning of Day 6. On both these days, the housemates are not given any tasks, but Big Brother will play several mind games on them to get them worried that there really is an eviction on Friday night.

On Friday night, the housemates are gathered on the sofas in the evening for a live show presented by Davina. At first it seems as though Davina is outside the house, but she is really at the River Thames. She reveals a small glass house is going to be raised and held above the river for a week, with four housemates inside. The housemates in the main house will be able to watch live feed of the glass house, as will the public. Over the week, the public will vote for the ‘glass housemate’ they wish to join the house. They will enter on Friday, after the first eviction. The housemates will then choose a second to enter, and the other two will be evicted. We meet the four housemates, and they enter the glass house.

Once they are all in, the housemates in the main house get to watch them on a screen, and have an envelope explaining it to them. The phone lines then open for the first time.

More to come soon.

Loukas
25-01-2009, 07:19 PM
love it!! LMFAO at - A massive version of the Big Brother eye will hang above the River Thames, with a ‘COMING SOON’ message below it.

Love it!! Amazing!! :colour:

Sam!
25-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by dupin
Overall Changes

- Each week, the three or more housemates with the most nominations face the public vote
- The prize fund is now £1,000,000
- Eviction shows are now one hour and 15 minute long shows, with 45 minutes of highlights, 10 minutes of eviction, and 20 minutes of interview.
- Highlights shows are now 50 minutes, every night at 9pm
- Sunday shows are now the psychology shows, as they used to be
- 3) A task that decides who will be Big Brother’s Favourite House for the week and win special privileges (not as extreme as head of house, just a few little treats over the week.)

Advertising Changes

- No more eye-flashes or house adverts
- Instead, a new, different, advertising campaign, starting ages before. Think of the way Skins was advertised for months before hand – adverts that make the programme seem new and are persistently on, to let people know when it starts.
- Go back to having billboards, many newspaper and radio adverts.
- A massive version of the Big Brother eye will hang above the River Thames, with a ‘COMING SOON’ message below it.

Launch Night

- 15 housemates, 7 of them men, and 8 of them women will enter the house.
- The overall atmosphere must be different to signal change from the beginning. Maybe with Davina in the studio more, or a smaller crowed.
- The VTs should be different as well – more like the Celebrity Hijack housemates’ VTs that show them more as people and what they are like. The VTs will be longer, the actual entrance much shorter.
- The overall format remains the same, with VT followed by entrance, but maybe some new features in between some of the entries.
- Before the VT, Davina is in the studio, and reveals the name, age, and job of the housemate before they enter, like Big Brother 3, to bring back the feel of the more successful series.

The overall Launch would go like this:

8.30 Launch starts, Davina begins in the house
8.33 Video about how Big Brother is changing (including auditions, house design etc.)
8.36 House tour, as usual
8.43 Break
8.47 Davina is now in the studio, first housemate VT & entrance
8.50 Second housemate VT & entrance
8.53 Third housemate VT & entrance
8.56 Fourth housemate VT & entrance
8.59 Break
9.03 Davina interviews executive producers who hints at things to come in the series
9.05 Fifth housemate VT & entrance
9.08 Sixth housemate VT & entrance
9.11 Seventh housemate VT & entrance
9.14 Break
9.17 Live from the house (as there will not be a great deal of time when they enter)
9.19 Eighth housemate VT & entrance
9.22 Ninth housemate VT & entrance
9.25 Tenth housemate VT & Entrnace
9.28 Break
9.31 Davina interviews whoever is presenting the spin-off show about what’s in store
9.34 Eleventh housemate VT & entrance
9.37 Twelfth housemate VT & entrance
9.40 Thirteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.43 Fourteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.46 Break
9.50 Fifteenth housemate VT & entrance
9.54 Big Brother gathers housemates on the sofa
9.55 Big Brother says there is two things to reveal tonight – the first is that one of the housemates will leave a millionaire, as the prize fund is now £1,000,000.
9.56 The second is that there will be no eviction on Friday.
9.57 Davina says that there will be something completely different on Friday night instead, where she won’t be hosting the show from the Big Brother house, and where we will meet four new housemates. She promises that it will be an unforgettable edition of Big Brother.

Over the course of the first week, Friday’s show will be hugely advertised, basically as much as the launch. The press will be able to reveal the basic idea to get people interested, and will be asked to whip up a massive frenzy about it.

The first week itself, is filled with interesting tasks and psychological games to get the social experiment going. On Day 2, housemates will be given a task to decide which bed they will sleep for the duration of their stay. This means people may end up sharing double beds with people they end up hating, and beds that may seem good at first may end not being.

On Day 3, the housemates nominate for the first time and are told that they are nominating for eviction, to confuse them. They all nominate, and are then all sat down and watch the nominations in front of each other that night.

Day 4 sees the first weekly task, where housemates’ endurance will be tested. The task is split up into three sections –

1) The Endurance Beam sees a beam outside, with a screen displaying a number. Whatever is the number on the screen is the number of housemates that must be stood on the beam as long as that number is showing. When the number changes, housemates have 30 seconds to make sure that the correct number of people is on the beam. This lasts for 36 hours. If housemates pass this section, they win a luxury shopping budget.

2) The Endurance Room sees each housemate called to the diary room over a 48-hour period whilst Big Brother tries to irritate them so much that they leave. Whichever housemate stays in for the longest, and wins the task, will win the role of Big Brother’s Favourite Housemate for the week.

On Day 5, the results of the weekly shopping task are announced and the housemates write the shopping list – the shopping is not delivered until the morning of Day 6. On both these days, the housemates are not given any tasks, but Big Brother will play several mind games on them to get them worried that there really is an eviction on Friday night.

On Friday night, the housemates are gathered on the sofas in the evening for a live show presented by Davina. At first it seems as though Davina is outside the house, but she is really at the River Thames. She reveals a small glass house is going to be raised and held above the river for a week, with four housemates inside. The housemates in the main house will be able to watch live feed of the glass house, as will the public. Over the week, the public will vote for the ‘glass housemate’ they wish to join the house. They will enter on Friday, after the first eviction. The housemates will then choose a second to enter, and the other two will be evicted. We meet the four housemates, and they enter the glass house.

Once they are all in, the housemates in the main house get to watch them on a screen, and have an envelope explaining it to them. The phone lines then open for the first time.

More to come soon.

I lovee that idea with the box.

30stone
25-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah they need much better advertising...

Firewire
25-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Very good dupin.

Firewire
25-01-2009, 07:22 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

dupin is the new Executive Producer of BB10.

I Wish. The series would be totally amazing.

Spike
25-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I like it
Only criticism is that I would prefer a complete change of format

hannah.
25-01-2009, 07:27 PM
i hated the psychology shows, I'd completely forgotten about them hahaha

dupin
25-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Spike
I like it
Only criticism is that I would prefer a complete change of format

Yeah, same I think, couldn't really think of one though.

Brad*
25-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice stuff there dupin but £1m is a very ambitious prize fund. Why didn't you post it here:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=107687

dupin
25-01-2009, 07:34 PM
It's ambitious but I think everyone would be desperate to win if they would become a millionaire as a result of it...I know I would.

I thought that thread was just for your ideas, sorry if I misunderstood.

Brad*
25-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by dupin
It's ambitious but I think everyone would be desperate to win if they would become a millionaire as a result of it...I know I would.

I thought that thread was just for your ideas, sorry if I misunderstood.

I don't think that they can actually afford that.:tongue: £100k is plenty but it would be nice to see it go up to £300k or even £500k.

It doesn't particularly matter about the other thread.:thumbs:

jaybitches
25-01-2009, 07:42 PM
omg love it
but we need a whole format change!
not just one week

Matt08
25-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I think the credit crunch would put a stop to some of your most ambitious suggestions. Like most of your ideas though, you should try and email Endemol with them and maybe they could pass them onto the production team.

Tom
25-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Matt08
I think the credit crunch would put a stop to some of your most ambitious suggestions. Like most of your ideas though, you should try and email Endemol with them and maybe they could pass them onto the production team.

They've already paid for BB10 and 11 so credit crunch isn't an excuse.

I want them to blow the house up and film it and use it as part of an ad campaign

"Big Brother is back with a bang, and this time its all change"

:joker::blush2:

Brekkie
25-01-2009, 08:18 PM
One word - budget!

£1m jackpot is just an easy fix - and the rest of your plan (thus far) tells me nothing else has changed either.

*mazedsalv**
25-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Okayy- dupin, you need a new job- The BB10 Executive Producer!!!
I think the ideas are incredible, love them, teh adverising, the glass housemate twist.

You must send this to C4 by email, and make them see it. I would LOVE to see this, would be a fantastic first week.

The only thing I would say is change the format and havde the house in a new location with 2 floors.

jaybitches
25-01-2009, 08:38 PM
We needs a SERIES format change, not just one week

CallumJoshuaSturt
25-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Wicked idear

Fom
25-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I love that whole plan, thats enough to get me watching! And i havent watched properly since BB7!

Tom
25-01-2009, 08:47 PM
When the final 2 are no longer needed the bottom should be removed from the glass house and they should have to fall into the river :joker:

jaybitches
25-01-2009, 08:56 PM
haha an let them drown :spin2:

Marsh.
27-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I like the ideas apart from the glass house. I doubt they would cope in there for a week anyway. (Even the HMs who were locked in bedsit, secret garden etc were only in a couple of days)

darlark
05-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Overall Changes

- The prize fund is now £1,000,000, (deal or no deal give out wayyyy more then 50,000 each week and the contestants have to do nothing!! So why is the amount soo small for bb they must make millions from it)

- Eviction shows: 30 mins of normal show, 10 minutes of eviction, 15 minutes of that persons highlights showing there time and growth in the house (this will remind people of past weeks and so if people have missed a few episodes they can be inspired to go to 4OD and watch them)
and then there should be 15 minutes of interviewing that persons response to what they saw in there highlights.
- Highlights shows are now 50 minutes, and 10 mins a day of psychology summery. (The show is suppose to be entertaining as well as an educational experiment that helps people to understand other people)
- Sunday shows are now all psychology shows, as they used to be. Loooovvveee them, I don’t feel a need to watch the normal shows but here you learn something new and useful to everyday life. I understand my friends better because of this show (although I didn’t actually c many of them… had tennis… but I wanted to c them)

- 3) A task that decides which contestants should not have to face the public’s vote
- privileges (more drink music and parties and more individual wards)

Advertising Changes

- don’t care!!

Launch Night

- have 2: over two weeks
- First launch all are male, 2nd one, the worst of them get evicted, The girls now enter

the first few weeks

More to come soon…… great..!!

xx