PDA

View Full Version : auditions

amywamlsley0104
26-01-2009, 01:55 PM
they say on the web site that there are auditions being held in london excel centre in 31st jan are they there? and does anyone know what time cos the excel centre dont seem to know anything about them?????? xx

davina1973
26-01-2009, 01:57 PM
www.channel4.com/bigbrother is all the info you need

good luck

davina1973
26-01-2009, 05:43 PM
A close friend of mine posted an audition video on YouTube and was subsequently contacted by BB who did a telephone interview and told them they'd get back to them. They then invited them down to the Auditions at London Excel centre saying there'd be a secret YouTuber's audition meeting ...

They have rung my friend back this evening and said "Congratulations, Big Brother is interested in you" and my friend replied "I know, you told me that before". The BB woman then asked my friend to be at Excel early on Saturday and that they want all their London and surrounding YouTuber's at the front. My friend asked if they got taken to a special room or something for the meeting away from the regular open auditionees like they was earlier told about and was told No by the producer.

The producer then said to my friend "No, you just queue too" and my friend (auditioned twice before at BB8 & BB9 open auditions) said "Well that's no different to what I've done in previous years. Do we still have to be judged by teenagers who will stamp our hand if they like us?" and the producer said yes so my friend then said "Well, what's the difference between the YouTube and open auditions then? I could just turn up instead of making a video and get through instead if I'd wanted". The producer then told my friend that there was no difference really, and "are you coming on Saturday?" so my friend then told the producer to stuff it, they're not queueing after all the phonecall interview and posting and making the video, anyway they don't do queues. My friend then went onto say to the producer "Is this all a publicity scam then?" and the producer hung up.

So basicaly, the online auditions are a hoax. If you get contacted by BB there are no special online only audition days are promise or fast tracked to the diary room stage as my friend was also told. If you submit a YouTube video and get contacted you still have to go to the audition venue, play the silly games and try and get your hand stamped so there is no actual point in submitting the videos as you can do that anyway ...

What a farce!