PDA

View Full Version : Collapsed Ceiling

BusyBee
20-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi -I'm back again after a disasterous week. My friend called with her granddaughter on Sunday and before she went out Lucy needed to use the bathroom. We were in a bit of a rush so hurried her up. What we didnt realise was theat because she was rushing she forgot to take the plug out of the sink and turn the tap off completely!!!!!! So when we arrived home a few hours later it was to find water rushing down the stairs and the ceiling fallin down in the kitchen and water absolutely everywhere!!!!

It has been an awful week- what a mess: the bathroom floor has a huge hole in the middle and the wallpaper is peeling off in the kitchen, a couple of the cabinets got damaged when the ceiling came down, problems with electricity etc etc I'll leave it to your imagination. Still everyone has been really great and helped with the clearing up. The debris has been removed now and we are just waiting for the insurance people to sort things out. Just hope we can get it all done before Christmas!!

Hopefully the worst is over now and it does mean I have the kitchen and bathroom redecorated. Always look on the bright side, although I didnt think that when we first came in and saw it.

Amy
20-11-2004, 04:37 PM
OMG BusyBee Poor you :bawling:
I hope you manage to get everything sorted soon my dear!!

rachb
20-11-2004, 05:06 PM
aaaw BusyBee I was really worried.I'm so sorry to hear about your disaster:bawling::bawling:
I hope its all sorted very soon
http://www.platuglen.dk/Sjove-seatninger-4/hug.gif

BigSister
20-11-2004, 05:16 PM
omg BB hope you get everything sorted

Lance
20-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Hope everythings bac t normal for you soon BB

Kaz
21-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Yikes! :shocked:

Poor BusyBee - must have been an absolute nightmare! :bawling:

Glad to hear the worst is over, though ...... and it's great to see you back here. :love:

Romantic Old Bird
21-11-2004, 10:31 PM
So sorry to hear about the awful problems you have been having.

Are you sure it isn't all a plot? The great flood may have been affected solely to distract you Agent BB. You were getting too close to the facts. Your cover is blown - you have been rumbled!:shocked:

The mild mannered legal secretary front is no longer safe SuperVespa.

Back to the hive!!

Seriously, I hope things are back to mormal and most of all, I hope you have a new for old policy! xxxxx

BusyBee
22-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. It is going to take a while for the house to actually look like a house again. At the moment we have heaters drying out carpets - the electricity bill is going to be enormous. The worst thing is my friend feels soo guilty, but its one of these things could happen to any of us. OH says it is a conspiracy to get the house redecorated!!!!

BDGA
22-11-2004, 07:41 PM
So sorry to hear about your mishap, but pleased you are on the way to sorting it all out. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d054.gif

You should take great comfort in knowing that everyone was so worried about you while you were missing. Well apart from the odd thought or two that you had sneaked off to a wedding, and then followed the happy couple on honeymoon to bring an in-depth report.:laugh:

Maggie
22-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi Babe, so sorry to hear about your bad luck and hope you're back to normal soon :love: :love: :love: