PDA

View Full Version : BGT clash?? When will BB10 start?

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Newspapers saying that BGT is set to start around the middle of May! BB normally starts at the end of May/beginning of June?? I think that there will be lots of slot changes all over the place just like in BB8.

And I think if BGT does start in the middle of May, C4 would need to advertise BB in the ads of the 1st episode of BGT... which would be about 2/3 weeks in advance or something

Hugo
31-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I think its safe to say BB will never get good ratings again so it doesn't matter. It's dieing.

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeahh i get that, people are saying that having BB either before or after BGT, more people will tune in to BB if its on after or before, but I disagree.

However with a huge ad campaign and format change, it could get better ratings (probably not though). BB3 succeeded over BB1 and BB2 because BB3 is when tehre was a first format change, and BB5 was always going to be good ratings wise because it as on after Friends The Finale Episode which got almost 10m.

But theres nothing which is a huge ratings puller that could help BB because BB cant do it alone anymore, they need help to get better ratings.

Tom
31-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Just stick it at 10pm when BGT is on. Simple.

Spike
31-01-2009, 12:53 PM
It doesn't matter about it clashing with BGT anymore, BB isn't popular so a clash isn't really going to affect it
I would have Big Brother on at 10pm and hopefully it would get a boost from the BGT audience

:)tom:)
31-01-2009, 02:14 PM
BGT is starting this April.

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by :)tom:)

Is it?? 2 newspapers are saying May. If it does start in April, when abouts will it finish??

:)tom:)
31-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Originally posted by :)tom:)

when abouts will it finish??

not sure.
But i saw the recording on Thursday and at the end Simon sad it will be on in April.

andyman
31-01-2009, 03:18 PM
BGT is another lame, chavy, cheap, trashy tv that the uk people love..

If BGT was on another channel it would get low ratings.. But because we all love cheap lame crack cocaine fun loving easy ITV we are brainwashed to watch and enjoy no matter how lame it is.

andyman
31-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh i will be watching BGT :thumbs:

Last year final was a dam joke!!!

Spike
31-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I can't see BGT starting in May anyway, the press machine is already in full action for the show.
The live show week will probably be the week after American Idol finishes though.

Tom
31-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Theres football on the week they did the live shows last year ...

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 03:32 PM
People seem to be thinking that BGT will finish around the 20th May and on the finale, the new BB10 ads will be promoted on there (if C4 pay enough money to promote it while BGT is on)

andyman
31-01-2009, 03:48 PM
If Ch4 scrap CBB then they will have more money for the main BB... Spend more on BB10 (new house, funky ads etc) and forget having a CBB7!

Ads on itv during BGT would help, yeah your right.

Brekkie
31-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Last year the audition shows aired weekly from April (and ITV have nothing else really planned for Saturday nights this year), with the live shows in the last week of May, which of course traditionally was BB's launch week.

I don't think it'll be too different this year - Mr Cowell slots the live shows into his schedule after finishing up with American Idol and before beginning auditions for The X Factor.

Even if they do clash if BB sticks to it's 10pm slot there shouldn't be an issue during the week - it's only Fri/Sat/Sun it might get messy. What Big Brother really needs to do though is launch straight off the back of it - let the viewers get into the routine of watching BGT everynight for a week, and then launch the day after the finale, which should guarantee good publicity for the show.

andyman
31-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Hmmmm... BB should be like this.

Channel 4, 6pm BBLB.
Channel 4, 9pm BB highlights.
E4, 10pm BBBM.
E4, 10.35pm BB LIVE!!!

Just like it was during the BB middle ages.

Matt08
31-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Spike
I can't see BGT starting in May anyway, the press machine is already in full action for the show.
The live show week will probably be the week after American Idol finishes though.

It has been confirmed that BGT will start in May.

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Matt08
Originally posted by Spike

It has been confirmed that BGT will start in May.

See I wonder where they wil be slot BB now, i doubt they will put it on at the same time as BGT, look what happened in BB8 (when it got 2.1m) and ratings were a little higher then, if it was to go head to head now, BB would get about 1.5m or something.

Tom
31-01-2009, 06:59 PM
It depends on the series though. BB3 was the highest rated ever, BB4 was the lowest rated ever (at the time) and BB5 shot up to be the second highest rated.

I'm not saying BB10 will become one of the best rated ever series', it won't. I'm just syaing it could easily be more watched than BB9, perhaps even BB8, so its not fair to rule it out just because of the CBB. Plus viewing patterns in the winter are different to the summer which is pretty evident that BB9 consistently won its slot or finished second on weekdays, and CBB attracts a different audience to BB so the audience for BB hasn't fell to 4m, but the audience for CBB has.

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tom
It depends on the series though. BB3 was the highest rated ever, BB4 was the lowest rated ever (at the time) and BB5 shot up to be the second highest rated.

I'm not saying BB10 will become one of the best rated ever series', it won't. I'm just syaing it could easily be more watched than BB9, perhaps even BB8, so its not fair to rule it out just because of the CBB. Plus viewing patterns in the winter are different to the summer which is pretty evident that BB9 consistently won its slot or finished second on weekdays, and CBB attracts a different audience to BB so the audience for BB hasn't fell to 4m, but the audience for CBB has.

Yeahh it could, but i dont understand how BB10 could bring in more viewers than BB8 and BB9, Its going to take a lot to do it, im not sure what the producers could do to make it average 4m, well at least (if there is a live feed), its got an ok chance of beating CBB6 average.

Tom
31-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Live feed doesn't have an impact ...

CBB6's failure had nothing to do with lack of live feed, it was more to do with how boring it was

*mazedsalv**
31-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Live feed doesn't have an impact ...

CBB6's failure had nothing to do with lack of live feed, it was more to do with how boring it was

It did have an impact a little, believe me. I know live feed isnt watched by a lot but it did make an impact, the other thing is the reason why the ratings went down after an ok 1st week is because Lucy went, according to demograpghics, % of men aged 16-32 dropped quite alot. Another reason is that it was not being advertised at all, i only saw 1 advert and tha was when the eletrocuting task was on that day. After Mutya left, the show almost lost 50% of its teenage audience and the % people aged over 35 increased by a little. And the last reason is because of the stupid times they put it on (up aggainst EE, CT and on at 11pm on a weekday!)

Ohh and because it wasnt that good too.:tongue:

arista
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
http://talent.itv.com/

Yes it is a Big Machine.

maybe they will be on at 8-9 ITV1

And Endemol Big Brother 10
9-10 Ch4

Brekkie
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tom

What's the weather like up there in cloud cuckoo land Tom?

Firstly, BB4 actually rated better than BB1/2 - it's because BB3 was so successful it was deemed a failure, though in hindsight BB4 rated fantastically. Also worth noting BB1 got twice as many viewers at 11pm in the middle of the series than CBB6 got at 9pm.

Secondly, I agree if they get it right BB10 can (and should) see an increase in figures on BB8/9. It's been well reported over the last couple of weeks that people are now actually watching more TV, and as we've pointed out before every other reality show in the last year saw an increase in ratings - BB was the exception, not the rule.

Back to disagreeing with you though (it's much more fun), and although in theory CBB can attract a wider audience, that audience is now gone and the ones left watching CBB6 were the core fan base - and that core fan base was significantly lower than previous years.

It's also wrong to say the two are not connected - indeed you look at the ratings of the celeb series and actually the success or failure of the following series pretty much follows:

CBB1 - rated well, BB2's rated well.
CBB2 - ratings down, BB4's ratings were down (on BB3)
CBB3 - ratings down, BB6's ratings were down
CBB4 - ratings up, BB7's ratings were up
CBB5 - ratings down, BB8's ratings were down.

So don't just brush off Celeb BB's ratings as irrelevant - because the evidence tells us that simply is not the case, and unless we get the biggest overhaul in the show's history this summer, BB10 will sink to a new low too.

Tom
01-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Its fine here thanks :spin2:

Yes but in previous years CBB attracted a similar audience to BB, which hasn't been the case for the past 2 series'. Also theres an argument to say that BB8 was up on CBB5- CBB5 only rated okish because of the race row. If the race row never happened it could well performed even worse than BB9.

Also the figures show that the main BB audience were watching CBB6 at the start of the series when all of the younger housemates were in, and as these housemates left so did the younger viewers. Most significantly there was a huge reduction in 16-34 year old males when Lucy as evicted and that is shown in the ratings.

A lot of the audience watch the show due to curiosity on the first night, if they see someone or something that they like then they will continue watching. It isn't rocket science.

*mazedsalv**
01-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Its fine here thanks :spin2:

Yes but in previous years CBB attracted a similar audience to BB, which hasn't been the case for the past 2 series'. Also theres an argument to say that BB8 was up on CBB5- CBB5 only rated okish because of the race row. If the race row never happened it could well performed even worse than BB9.

Also the figures show that the main BB audience were watching CBB6 at the start of the series when all of the younger housemates were in, and as these housemates left so did the younger viewers. Most significantly there was a huge reduction in 16-34 year old males when Lucy as evicted and that is shown in the ratings.

A lot of the audience watch the show due to curiosity on the first night, if they see someone or something that they like then they will continue watching. It isn't rocket science.

So basically they need about 11 or 12 18-34 year olds that are intresting to interest the BB demograpghic audience and then about 4 or 4 over 35's to interest the older audience.

arista
01-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Why is this a Clash?

Spike
09-02-2009, 10:22 AM
It wont clash with BGT, from how a few of the new ITV dramas and Hells Kitchen are going to be scheduled it looks like BGT live show week will start May 25th