PDA

View Full Version : The Big Brother 10 Rescue Project

Mickster
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
The Big Brother 10 Rescue Project

As we all know, CBB6 was a flop- the ratings were poor and it didn't have that sparkle to make you WANT to tune in. The format is becoming tiring and its time for a change!

Over the coming weeks I will be posting my new ideas right here in this thread. I hope you will all join in with your rescue-isms and ideas!

Today I am going to reveal my ideas for The AD Camapign, "Tune In" Plan and How The Housemates Get In!

AD Camapign Ideas;

- Okay so we always have the house ad, the eye 'flashes' and the general 'BB is Back' advert- its getting broing! There needs to be a mix to the theme tune aswell IMO- this would be great to have as the background for the main BB10 advert. There could be white noise at the end which would have the eye over it with some sort of slogan. NO FLASHY GRAPHICS!

- The billboard adverts need to come back, next time your out count how many billboards you see- I know that I always see at least 3! This would catch peoples eye alot more than a little eye 'flash'- my grandma is hard of seeing and loves BB- she never knew the new series was coming on until she bought a TV guide for that week! C4 need to take into account the whole advert campaign- and by this i don't mean age range- they just need to tone the graphics a bit and make it a bit more simplistic!

- Magazines and newspaper adverts would be briliant, I know alot of people that by gossip magaines such as OK, Star and Heat and this would be yet another great way of catching peoples eye! Something simple- Eye and slogan with a plain background!

'Tune In' Plan;

Most fans will admit that the sparkle that makes you want to tune in has gone-so I suggest that they have a 'tommorow' sequence at the end of highlight shows e.g. a clip of an argument that would make you want to tune in to see what happened or a voice clip such as "Tune in tommorow to find-out whos up for eviction"!

How The Housemates Get In!;

To make the show stand-out this year- why don't they do something like this? (I have wrote this like scheduling notice)

"Thursday- C4
Selection Show
8:30pm- 9:30pm

Yes, it's that time of year again- Big Brother is back! But this year YOU are going to select the housemates for this years show. Tonight , ahead of Sundays Entrance Show, Davina will present to you 25 finalists and you have the choice- Who Gets In? YOU Decide! Details will be revealed during the show and online at www.channel4.com/bigbrother!"

This would be great because people would want to tune into Sundays launch show to see who enters. Plus the audiance will be able to get much more involved in the show than previously. Voting Information- There would be three options, text, phone or online. Text and phone as previous- but online would get more traffic to the site and people would WANT to get involved!

THIS YEAR THEY NEED TO GET PEOPLE INVOLVED!

What do you reckon on My rescue plan so far? Please let me know;

Miki x

Glenn.
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I like your idea that we pick the housemates. I think that would be brilliant. Make them earn their place in the house!

Brekkie
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Apologies in advance but I get a bit over critical of these things, so even though I largely agree with you there are a couple of flaws IMO.

Firstly, I think the BB theme shouldn't be used at all in the promos. The ad campaign needs a signature track in a similar way to Skins in recent years, or the Black Friday campaign - something new which people will not initially associate with the show, but after a couple of weeks of promos will be linked with it forever.

And secondly I don't trust the public to choose the housemates - it's about getting the right mix of HMs in there, not the most popular. There is also the issue of what to do with those rejected - if someone slipped through the voting net, they're likely to be lost forever as putting them in at a later date will just lead to accusations of "fix".

However, I do think there is scope for viewers to have some say in the selection, even if it's just choosing the last housemate who enters on launch night.

And 100% agree on your "tomorrow" plan - very simple, takes 20 seconds at most but it's exactly what BB is missing - a reason to tune in! On a similar note the "Tonight" preview at the beginning needs to be better too - so often in Celeb BB they used rather boring clips which just encouraged you to turn off. I remember one day when C4 had been trailing the show with an intriguing clip of Ulrika on the verge of cracking up, and then when we got to the show they just used a clip of Verne doing nothing much as the night's main highlight.

*mazedsalv**
04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
That good with the HMS!!

dupin
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
If the public pick the housemates, it'll be all young, attractive men, and no one like Charley who would be interesting, because they're not likable.

george.p.bligh
05-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I like your idea about the public choosing the housemates. But I think that this vote needs to be free and done via the website so they get a lot more votes as people won't have to pay.

Also it would be good if sometime during the series, 2 or even 3 evictions would have free voting.

Matt
05-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by george.p.bligh
I like your idea about the public choosing the housemates. But I think that this vote needs to be free and done via the website so they get a lot more votes as people won't have to pay.

Also it would be good if sometime during the series, 2 or even 3 evictions would have free voting.

As much as it would be nice to have free voting, there is little chance that Channel 4 will pay for the voting lines, especially in the current economic climate, when they're struggling to plug funding gaps. The best you can hope for is that they drop the voting charges to the bare minimum they need for the lines - but I certainly the charge for a BB vote going below 25p ever again.

bluehill
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
i should be on there that will get the ratings back :dance::dance: