PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down your Metabalism

*mazedsalv**
18-02-2009, 05:26 PM
How do you do it exactly??
My doctor said that I have a very fast metabalism and he said its good for me to have it as i eat alot and dont feel full and he said that as I get older it wil slow down in time.

But does anyone know what i could possibly do to slow down my metabalism?? I hate that I digest food so quickly, its soo annoying.

Dextor
18-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I have the exact same problem. I just eat and eat and eat! It's annoying because it also stops you from gaining weight and muscle. I have this thing called Ectomorphism, which means I find it extremely hard to gain weight and my metabolism is very fast. I tried researching before, and I don't know if you can actually make it go slower, but if you're looking to gain weight, apparently body builder shakes are very good. I also read that instead of having three main meals every day, have about 8 small ones, and always make sure the biggest food has lots of protein. Other than that, I don't know.
Hope that helps!

Tom
18-02-2009, 05:33 PM
In theory, eat less, then you're body will start to preserve fat for energy instead of burning it all off straight away, then eventually go back to eating the amount you do now and you're metabolism will have slowed down so you'll put weight on. No idea about that in reality though.

Indierock&roll
18-02-2009, 05:37 PM
i have a really fast metabolism too.. like i eat SO much but i dont feel like im getting any fatter at all its wierd but annoying because im so unhealthy because i just eat crap

*mazedsalv**
18-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Im glad Im not the only one, Im just a bit annoyed because after every meal i eat snacks all the time and have so much of it, I just want to eat and feel full. all my friends are like "Your lucky to have that because youc an eat so much and not put weight on" but the thing they dont understand that i want to put weight on.

Ive checked and my BMI and im in the healthy weight portion but its more towards the lower end of it. Im about 8 stone probably a tiny bit less, yeah may not seem that light but compared to my friends who are 9-10.5 stone, Im 16 btw, not sure if i will put weight on soon, im hoping my metabalism slows down by itself soon lol

Magic
18-02-2009, 06:15 PM
As I've said before I have the same problem :( it's soooo annoying. You can slow it down by not eating hardly at all for a while, so your basicaly starving and then ear normal, as your body preserve the fat more. But it cocks your body up...

Sam!
18-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Mines pretty low. I'm like 8stone 10. And its in the healthy weight section on the WiiFit. So thats good I spose. I eat soo much **** though.

*mazedsalv**
18-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Sam! thats a really good weight for your age (15 yeah??), I just would like to put about a stone on as thats how much average 16 years old weigh. I am quite short though, about 5'5.

Sam!
18-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
Sam! thats a really good weight for your age (15 yeah??), I just would like to put about a stone on as thats how much average 16 years old weigh. I am quite short though, about 5'5.

I'm like 5,10/5,11, 16 in June. I'm pretty skinny, most guys my age are heavier than me.

bronaaaa
18-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I've a slow metabolism I think :bored:

Dextor
18-02-2009, 06:47 PM
It's a really annoying thing to have, especially when most other boys have a bit of meat on them and you look like some anorexic skeletal freak. But it gets better as you grow up, doesn't it?
I remember the nurse told me when I was 12 that I was underweight, but I think I'm okay now. I'm 6ft and 9stone. Is that good/bad? lol.

*mazedsalv**
18-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Dex thats good for your age and height. I just want to put some on, I was actually 7 stone last year so i did put 1 stone on. but i want more weight!!!

I just read that you need to have more than the 2500 calories a day if you want to put weight on (but not have fatty foods to fill you up as that will get you fat and unhealthy apparently). I read on the internet that if you cant eat over the 2500 calorie limit a day then you should drink a glass lof milk as that is about 5% of your calorie daily intake. But I can eat loads and loads, im sure that I eat over 3000 calories a day. Or you can eat nothing all day and drink 20 glasses of milk as that would be 100% of your calories lol, no one would ever do that though as thats disgusting.