PDA

View Full Version : Help on History Coursework

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Can someone give me some points why or why not Sir Douglas Haig was responsible for the fail at the Somme??

I just realised the whole essay has to be in for MOnday!!!! And Ive only wrote the intro and another paragrapgh..... im in bad s**t!!!!

ange7
20-02-2009, 12:14 PM
ummm google it?

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:15 PM
But i need help how to start of my 2nd paragraph, and i know loads of people on here have done History GCSE's.

Sam!
20-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Think your in ****. My whole geography coursework is on for Monday and i'm only 60% done.

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Sam!
Think your in ****. My whole geography coursework is on for Monday and i'm only 60% done.

Most of my friends are not going to do it all because teh etacher even tell us properly and he didnt give us any structure on how to write it he just said "Okayy now do this!" and everyone was like WHAAT!!!

Magic
20-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Um
I nevere did this in history, but I'll try and help anyhow.

Start your second paragraph with all the reasons as to WHY he was to blame, and describe it and link back to the question. Create a new paragraph for each point. Do the same for why he isn't to blame. In your conclusion say your view - it's beat to say it's half and half.

Hope I helped.

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Samuel
Um

Start your second paragraph with all the reasons as to WHY he was to blame, and describe it and link back to the question. Create a new paragraph for each point. Do the same for why he isn't to blame. In your conclusion say your view - it's beat to say it's half and half.

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the help, I actually understand before, but now I know how to write it, but how long do you think a paragrapgh for each point roughly would be?

ange7
20-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
But i need help how to start of my 2nd paragraph, and i know loads of people on here have done History GCSE's.
? .. no one will do it for you...
mate... here's what you do ... read the sources ( more than one) then say it out loud like your telling a story. Write that down. Even if it;s suoper short. Then beef it up...then go back and add the quotes that back you points up. It's just like arguing stuff on tibb but it's about old dudes.
start here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Haig,_1st_Earl_Haig
lesson over :P

Sam!
20-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Um

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the help, I actually understand before, but now I know how to write it, but how long do you think a paragrapgh for each point roughly would be?

As long as you can write I presume.

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Um

Hope I helped.

As long as you can write I presume.

Ok thanks.

Magic
20-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah I guess what scampi said. I would look at mine but I'm on my iPod ATM.

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I just wrote about half a page on why he was resposnible because he sent incompetent officers to war without training them. Im thinking thats a good length concidering i have about 12 points in my book why he was responsible and 12 why he wasnt, so Im guessing thats ok.

Sam!
20-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Half a page for the whole essay?? If thats eright then I don't think thats long enoughh. Id say 800/1000 words? I dunno.

*mazedsalv**
20-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Half a page for the whole essay?? If thats eright then I don't think thats long enoughh. Id say 800/1000 words? I dunno.

Noo lol... for just one of my points... and i have 24 points wriiten in my book lol.... ive already wrote 2 pages in total and tahts just from my intro and first point, so i think im alright. So i still have 23 points to make :bigsmile:

ange7
20-02-2009, 12:45 PM
1/2 a page?...
ps
yeah lol...your welcome ... hey break out the crayolas mate