PDA

View Full Version : fish tank help?

serensilver
20-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi all :wavey:

Just a few questions for you! :whistle:

i have a quite a big fishtank, well it aint massive but when it's half full my dad and brother struggle to carry it!:tongue: anyway.......... i did have 4 fish but now only have 2 as the other 2 died:sad: not at the same time just from old age!

i want to give my fishtank a facelift and wondered if you had any ideas on the best gravel colours that go nicely together and stay cleanest?:spin: decorations? filters? and especially is there a better/EASIER way i can clean it without getting the whole family involved and it being such a chore!!:rolleyes:

Any advice would be much appreciated!:thumbs:

oh and im getting 2 new fish tomorrow! :cheer:

bronaaaa
20-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Get the wee bridges and boat wreck things :lovedup:.
Don't have any fish so don't know much about gravle types lol..but a bluey colour would look quite nice..or bright pink :laugh:

Conor
20-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Is it tropical? Have a look at Takeshi Amano's work. He created aquascaping and aquascaped tanks look fantastic! Im currently revamping my 3.5 ft tropical tank. Most good pet stores supply most things that you need, but I'm lucky enough to have Grovesnor (Biggest & official No1 fish retailer in the UK) at my doorstep. Go for a natural approach. (Light & fine pea gravel ect will look better and hide any excess waste and if your not using real plants, invest in a few more expensive plastic types. They're softer for the fish and last longer as well as looking much better. Also, ad a bit of rock or bog/mopani wood (watch though, they can tan the water). Good luck!

Oh yeah, I would post a few of my tank pics, but I'm currently trying to get my dwarf hair grass and java fern to look half decent and grow a bit quicker. Also I haven't finished stocking yet. (Stll gonna add a few more tetras, rams, killifish & cherry shrimp ect)

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&ei=dRefSZCrDuCYjAedqaDNCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=aQUASCAPING&spell=1

Nicky.
20-02-2009, 08:05 PM
-I don't have one, but I know someone who does and I used to always help with it-

You can get those little lichy thingies.. like big snails I think? and they live off greenery and dirt and eat it all for you!

Pets at home have quite a big fishy department!

Dom:D
20-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I used to have fish but they all ate eathother:blush2:
Get the fish a castle,that would be so cool.

serensilver
21-02-2009, 03:36 PM
oh thanks guys! thanks for the images conor! my auntie said about the snail things that eat everything might try them! :spin2: