PDA

View Full Version : Who has donated blood before?

SiaSiaSia
26-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm doing it tommorrow, but I can't go to a party afterwards as I'll be too weak apparently :S. What is everyones experiences like?

Captain.Remy
26-02-2009, 07:03 PM
It's weird at the beginning but then you relax and talk with a friends so it's all good.
And they give you a cake afterwards (don't know if they do it in UK) and don't go alone, in case you would feel very bad because it can happen.

And yes you feel a bit weak but nothing drastic like you sleep 2 hours and you can go to party !

Sod_James
26-02-2009, 07:05 PM
i wanted too. but im not allowed....they wont let me.

Annie
26-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I cant give up cos of tattoos and then I have had sex with a guy who has had sex with a guy.. So not able to now.

But eh my friend gave blood right before our night out and she got REALLY drunk REALLY fast so just be careful Sia.

Honestly. Dont test your limit.

Captain.Remy
26-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Message original : Annie
I cant give up cos of tattoos and then I have had sex with a guy who has had sex with a guy.. So not able to now.

But eh my friend gave blood right before our night out and she got REALLY drunk REALLY fast so just be careful Sia.

Honestly. Dont test your limit.

Yes they quite annoyed me about the tattoos too so I had to do the HIV test to see if I was able (which I did like 2 weeks before) and bring them the results. Then it was fine.

I agree with you too, don't test your limit, it's stupid.

SiaSiaSia
26-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
It's weird at the beginning but then you relax and talk with a friends so it's all good.
And they give you a cake afterwards (don't know if they do it in UK) and don't go alone, in case you would feel very bad because it can happen.

And yes you feel a bit weak but nothing drastic like you sleep 2 hours and you can go to party !

Ah yeah okay

My daddys taking me, he's a regular blood doner because he's got quite a rare blood type.

Don't worry, I'll just skip the party and be on here :D

Ross
26-02-2009, 07:13 PM
My Dad gives blood, he has for 15 years. He's used to it now.

Saph
26-02-2009, 07:14 PM
apparently it makes you feel high lol

pinkmichk
26-02-2009, 07:20 PM
i have before due again in july
i felt a bit a light headed straight after but i know why cos i sat up a bit fast plus it hit me the reason why i was doing it (my dad needed lots of blood after his accident) plus apparently its common for first timers to feel a bit emotional
make sure you eat something before you do it
the next day i felt like i had been hit by a bus it took some serious sugar intake to make me feel more human

Callum
26-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I could never do it, I have a huge phobia of needles. Blood makes me feel queazy too.

Princess
26-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I keep meaning to go. Must check that I can-I presume I can!

pinkmichk
26-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Callum
I could never do it, I have a huge phobia of needles. Blood makes me feel queazy too.

i have a huge needle issue but put it to back of mind cos was very personal reasons as to why i wanted to give it (my dad is the same negative rare blood group as me and he had almost 2 times the body amount to keep him alive)

for the person that said it gives a bit of a high feeling i think that is probably related to the good feeling of knowing you have done something worthwhile that could save someones life so more like a emotional high than a physical one

Tom
26-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I have done but I can't now because I've had tattoos

pinkmichk
26-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Tom

you can as long as its 6 months since your last one same as piercings which is why i cant give til july was booked in for march but had a tattoo in jan

Tom
26-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by pinkmichk
Originally posted by Tom

you can as long as its 6 months since your last one same as piercings which is why i cant give til july was booked in for march but had a tattoo in jan

I had one in October (ish) so I can't atm, couple of months to wait yet

Captain.Remy
26-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Message original : Tom
Originally posted by pinkmichk
Originally posted by Tom

I had one in October (ish) so I can't atm, couple of months to wait yet

Yep I got my second one in September so I had to wait but now it's ok.
Can't wait to see my hot nurse. :laugh:

*mazedsalv**
26-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Yep 3 full tubes of it at one go, I felt soo weak after.