PDA

View Full Version : Oh Brother! Show in crisis

Amy
03-01-2005, 08:24 AM
BLONDE babe Victoria Silvstedt has sensationally pulled out of Celebrity Big Brother.

The 30-year-old model told producers she had landed a TV presenting job in the US.

Endemol, which makes the show, offered Victoria more money — but she said No.

An insider said: “Victoria has been offered a job on VH1 in the States.
She felt she couldn’t turn it down so she pulled out of Big Brother. She was looking forward to it but her presenting work comes first.

“The people at Big Brother are gutted. Victoria was set to add some glamour — they’re a bit short on sexy women.”

Producers had already suffered one major blow when pop beauty Holly Vallance turned them down last week.

They are now desperately seeking a glamorous female star before the show starts on Thursday.

Ex-Man United goalie Mark Bosnich is the latest celeb to confirm he WILL take part.

ZANY Happy Mondays star Bez has signed up for Celebrity Big Brother.

He will join stars like oddball actress Brigitte Nielsen, 42, when the show starts on Thursday.

Barmy Bez — real name Mark Berry, 40 — is famous for playing the maracas and dancing like a lunatic during the Mondays’ heyday in the early 1990s.

A pal said last night: “Bez is thrilled.

“He campaigned to get on I’m A Celebrity but he wasn’t wanted, so he’s really pleased he got on Big Brother.

“He’s as mad as cheese but should be great value on the telly. He’ll make viewers laugh.”

Racing commentator John McCririck, 64, will join Bez and busty Brigitte.

And TV Biz can reveal that Kenzie from garage band Blazin’ Squad will also be in the show.

Kenzie — real name James McKenzie — will be the youngest housemate at just 18.

Cherie Blair’s best pal Carole Caplin will definitely NOT be joining, but former Hear’Say singer Myleene Klass, 26, is in talks with the makers of the Channel 4 show.

Formula One driver Eddie Irvine says he will only do the show if the other housemates are “proper” stars and not just famous for no good reason. So we can safely say he won’t be going in, then.

Article from The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2005000616,00.html)

Dan_
03-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Things are really going bad for them. They seem very desperate at the minute. It could turn into a bit of a farce.

Amy
03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I don't know, if I remember rightly similar articles were out before the last CBB and BB dismissed them, I think this is just a bit of hype and publicity to get the show noticed.

steve_o
03-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Blimey it all sounds rather crap to me, who are these celebs? I've never heard of any of them except that pillock John macrick who's only claim to fame is waving his arms about abit on ch4 racing. Another thing that's bugging me, is all this talk about how much there getting paid for it. What happened to doing it for charity, they'd be better off cancelling it and giving the money to the tusniarmi appeal, instead of these third rate no marks.

Romantic Old Bird
03-01-2005, 04:08 PM
They are running out of desperate celebs for the relentless proliferation of shows aren't they?

Well, ones that anyone wants to watch anyway.

I understand Timmy Mallett is always available, and Cheggers has been on standby for a few mind.

Amy
03-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Timmy Mallet now there's someone you'd wanna kill after a couple of days locked in a house/jungle with LOL!

Dan_
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I heard he lives near me. He was at a Stevenage game a while back.

Scuzz
03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeh i read about her dropping out because shes been offered a job as a presenter in america, this is a shame would have been great to have her on the show.

Dan_
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Kenzie from blazin squad is meant to have agreed.