PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, But i need to say how proud i am!

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:20 PM
My school is one of 6 schools in the country that Celebrates LGBT month is schools. For people who don't know what LGBT it stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.

It was on Inside Out London on wendsday. Our school is on it YEY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hz49r/Inside_Out_London_25_02_2009/

fast forward to 8:16 to see what it's all about..

Sorry im just quite proud of my school :hello:

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Thats eh.. Weird

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Well your school's good, my school don't even talk about sexuality. They ignore it. Its all about putting condoms on bananas and the end of topic. Im quite happy to hear that your school brings it up.

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Annie
Thats eh.. Weird

Sorry? Weird? How?

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DoubleTrouble
Thats eh.. Weird

Sorry? Weird? How?

Its only weird because it ain't heard off to Annie.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:24 PM
My school would never celebrate that. Dunno why. Most people are homophobic here anyway I think so they would be like HAHA! or sumin. And being a christian school I dunno if they would want that to be celebrated.

pinkmichk
27-02-2009, 04:27 PM
i think that is fantastic more of that is needed across the country then there might be less predjuice against people who come under lgbt

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Jake!
Thats eh.. Weird

Sorry? Weird? How?

Ok. But we see it like Black History Month. We learn about the past of LGBT people just like people celebrate the history of black people.

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I just think school should be somewhere where you get an academic education and get your qualifications. Not celebrate that your gay or whatever.

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 04:29 PM
EVERYONE well 90% ,I wasn`t ,of people in my school were homophobes so we would have never celebrated something like this.Maybe its because I went to a Christian school also:nono:There was like one openly gay boy at our school during the 5 years I was there and yeh he was bullied for it.

Locke.
27-02-2009, 04:29 PM
That's.... different.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats eh.. Weird

Sorry? Weird? How?

Ok. But we see it like Black History Month. We learn about the past of LGBT people just like people celebrate the history of black people.

Blach History Month is everywhere and is something everyone knows about. Theres no debating a month studying sexuality or transgenders shouldn't be needed, it is. But whilst its not there it sounds weird.
Your school obviously has brains to do this sort ofthing and one day, one day others will follow. Maybe sooner since its now been on the telly.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!
EVERYONE well 90% ,I wasn`t ,of people in my school were homophobes so we would have never celebrated something like this.Maybe its because I went to a Christian school also:nono:There was like one openly gay boy at our school during the 5 years I was there and yeh he was bullied for it.

Ditto. Cept for the last thing. Theres two bi girls in my year. I don't mind they're lesbians but they're always making out in the form room and its innapropriate.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I just think school should be somewhere where you get an academic education and get your qualifications. Not celebrate that your gay or whatever.

:thumbs:

Jake!
Originally posted by Sam!

Ditto. Cept for the last thing. Theres two bi girls in my year. I don't mind they're lesbians but they're always making out in the form room and its innapropriate.

Why is it inappropriate would it be if one of them was a boy?

pinkmichk
celebrating lgbt is very big in american schools they have clubs for it same as you get chess music or whatever clubs so its obviously a new thing over here

Locke.
27-02-2009, 04:32 PM

:shocked::shocked: I wish they where in my class

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:32 PM

That's fair, and we do. It's not like we don't do any work in February because it's LGBT Month. Homophobia is tolerated like Racism in our school. Yes, True, Being racist in my eyes and most peoples eyes is worse than being homophobic but that's just the way it is. We celebrate it because it teaches the homophobic p****s in my school that gay people are the same as everyone else. And just because people are gay doesn't mean they are going to dive on a same sex person and rape them.

30stone
27-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeh with our school there was like 1 per year.

but the one in our year did get bullied quite a lot.

Fom
27-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I think they should introduce them more, yes people get bullied for it but thats the whole idea of the week to stop it and make it become more normal. I think it is important... it is classed as education, with out country being so totally stupid, we need to educate people that gay people are human too.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by David

You really don't. Neither are attractive.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:35 PM

:laugh3:

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Yeh. I don't like people snogging over excesively in public. Like me and my girlfriend go like round like the corner or sumin to make out, like privately.

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pinkmichk
celebrating lgbt is very big in american schools they have clubs for it same as you get chess music or whatever clubs so its obviously a new thing over here

I think thats rediculous!there not special or anything.Personally I dont think it should be celebrated as such,if gay people get to celebrate their sexuality in school then why can`t I celebrate mine?

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Ok then why does nobody celebrate people being straight?

Jack
27-02-2009, 04:40 PM

I disagree. School is as much as a social experience as it is about academic education.

Novo

because we are not important :(

Jake!

Yeh. I don't like people snogging over excesively in public. Like me and my girlfriend go like round like the corner or sumin to make out, like privately.

I don't, boy or girl.
But fair enough your personal preference is yours. I just wondered if it was because they're bi that it was wrong, but I understand your view.

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Jack

I disagree. School is as much as a social experience as it is about academic education.

Thats cos your gay

Jake!
Originally posted by .Andy.

No because no says its wrong to be Straight.

LemonJam

Because everybody knows about Straight relationships and straight people can be themselves everyday, while LGBT people have to stay quiet and not be themself.

30stone

We are !

Ill celebrate it on my own if i have to.

Annie

Clearly not :sad:

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Ah. you are just as important. But have you heard anyone going round saying 'Your Straight' as an insult?

Novo
27-02-2009, 04:42 PM
How can you celebrate being straight the only way we know how!!!!

:cat:

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 04:43 PM
why should straight people have to celebrate gay people in school its rediculous actually now I think about it

Jack
27-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Jack

Thats cos your gay

How old are you? :yuk:

I'm just saying, when your at school you're at an age when you begin to learn stuff about yourself and others in a social context. And I'm straight, just not ignorant and rude.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Ah. you are just as important. But have you heard anyone going round saying 'Your Straight' as an insult?

My point exactly.

Annie
why should straight people have to celebrate gay people in school its rediculous actually now I think about it

100% Agree

LemonJam

Woah, that's a new level of ignorance.

Locke.
27-02-2009, 04:45 PM

By going to the Straight Bar, oh wait....

Wildcat!

HArdly celebrated in the UK. Its way more conservative over there than the US. If it is celebrated its the rare club, thats private and has nothing to do with the school. Its not organised by schools.
Personally I think its ridiculous, it has no business in academics whatsoever.

Jake!

True but why should they have to be intimidate by Straight students when ifthey were educated then they could get on really well. Its not a celebration as such, like BHM isn't, its a time toremember or learn about a certain topic.

Ross
27-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree with Annie. If everyone went about celebrating that they're gay, lesbian or bisexual in my school I think I'd run and hide somewhere.

*mazedsalv**
27-02-2009, 04:46 PM
My school would never celebrate that. Dunno why. Most people are homophobic here anyway I think so they would be like HAHA! or sumin. And being a christian school I dunno if they would want that to be celebrated.

I agree, about 80% of people in my school are homophobic, we wont ever celebrate things like this, but they did teach sexuality in RE last month(only to Yr 11s though as we are more mature) and we just finished the topic.

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ross
I agree with Annie. If everyone went about celebrating that they're gay, lesbian or bisexual in my school I think I'd run and hide somewhere.

Thanks Ross

Wildcat!
Originally posted by LemonJam

Because everybody knows about Straight relationships and straight people can be themselves everyday, while LGBT people have to stay quiet and not be themself.

ermm everryone knows about gay people as well!

Loukas

Exactly!the main reason i am proud is because i can be more of myself around school. I don't want to acty stright in class because im not confertable with it. Thats going to stop me learning. That's not fair. We celebrate it for everyone to be equal. People can't be equal if people go round taking the piss out of everyones sexualities. In my school 'he Gays' get bullied, they don't have any friends. THATS NOT FAIR JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY! WHAT!? WHY!?

30stone

By going to the Straight Bar, oh wait....

LOL!!! Funniest post of the day!

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

I agree, about 80% of people in my school are homophobic, we wont ever celebrate things like this, but they did teach sexuality in RE last month(only to Yr 11s though as we are more mature) and we just finished the topic.

And how did year elevens react to it?

Wildcat!
27-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Exactly!the main reason i am proud is because i can be more of myself around school. I don't want to acty stright in class because Im not confertable with it. Thats going to stop me learning. That's not fair. We celebrate it for everyone to be equal. People can't be equal if people go round taking the p**s out of everyones sexualities. In my school 'he Gays' get bullied, they don't have any friends. THATS NOT FAIR JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY! WHAT!? WHY!?

How do you act gay in class? Can you explain that one?

Annie
Being gay wasnt a big thing in my school. If you were gay. You were gay. If you were straight. You were straight. There wasnt such a massive hoo haa about it. Its not needed.

Jake!

Exactly!the main reason i am proud is because i can be more of myself around school. I don't want to acty stright in class because Im not confertable with it. Thats going to stop me learning. That's not fair. We celebrate it for everyone to be equal. People can't be equal if people go round taking the p**s out of everyones sexualities. In my school 'he Gays' get bullied, they don't have any friends. THATS NOT FAIR JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY! WHAT!? WHY!?

No one should have to act unless your lesson is drama, c'mon now.

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Aint_mad_atcha

But they get bullied. We learnt today that 98% of gay students get put down for being gay, that they get bullied. We all know the gay people exsist, just not everyone excepts it. Thats what LGBT month is all about. To teach people to except it

LemonJam
27-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Would Straight people get bullied at school for being straight?

Didn't think so.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Didn't think so.

Because its the norm.

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Didn't think so.

They CLEARLY would in Loukas's school!!

"Oh your straight! Wow you dont fit in here!"

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 04:52 PM

True but why should they have to be intimidate by Straight students when ifthey were educated then they could get on really well. Its not a celebration as such, like BHM isn't, its a time toremember or learn about a certain topic.

well why not just educate students about sexuality in R.E or in PSHE I don`t know if anyone else had that in school but it stood for like physical social and health education I think and we had it once a week.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:52 PM
How are you going to celebrate anyway? Is everyone going to go round the school like a parade.. like gaypride or sumin? Everyone has to wear rainbow colours for the day? And Loukas,"I don't want to have to act straighty" - don't understand that.

Wildcat!
27-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Its uneccessary, there is no need for it. Maybe outside of school, but this, just brings negative attention. Its not gonna decrese anything. It will probably exacerbate any type of negativity towards homosexuality.

LemonJam

Didn't think so.

They CLEARLY would in Loukas's school!!

"Oh your straight! Wow you dont fit in here!"

And when did they mention that? Most people in that school are probably straight anyway? It's not as if the teachers are saying 'if you're not gay/bi, then go away' they just need to teach kids to accept it .

Loukas

Simple.I don't act like all the other boys that want to talk about football and stuff that the boys want to talk about. I don't want to talk about that stuff and i get put down for it being called gay, ******, battyman, Gaylord, King of the gays ect. Acting like a girl would be counted as 'GAY'

supernoodles!
Im not a homophobe at all,but,if someone asked me to celebrate being gay whilst in school I would have told them where to go.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Its uneccessary, there is no need for it. Maybe outside of school, but this, just brings negative attention. Its not going to decrese anything. It will probably exacerbate any type of negativity towards homosexuality.

100% agree, the "homophobes" are going to be worse due to it being brought to attention.

Annie
Agree with Laura on this one

Novo
How are you going to celebrate anyway? Is everyone going to go round the school like a parade.. like gaypride or sumin? Everyone has to wear rainbow colours for the day? And Loukas,"I don't want to have to act straighty" - don't understand that.

Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:55 PM

He wants to act himself, not how the sterotype is off straight people and how they have to be at our age.

Sam!

Simple.I don't act like all the other boys that want to talk about football and stuff that the boys want to talk about. I don't want to talk about that stuff and i get put down for it being called gay, ******, battyman, Gaylord, King of the gays ect. Acting like a girl would be counted as 'GAY'

1. Your not gay if you don't want to talk about football.
2. And again, acting like a girl isn't gay. There is such thing as a "straight-acting gay" Xanthi on Shipwrecked for example, hes gay yet you would never know if he didn't tell you.

Jake!

Like this

Why? :laugh3:

Annie
27-02-2009, 04:56 PM
LOL @ Andy :dance2:

Sam!

Like this

:laugh:

Whats gonna come of it anyway? I don't see the point.

supernoodles!

Like this

Why? :laugh3:

pmsl

I shouldn`t but I seriously lol`d at the thought of me and my school year doing that

Loukas
27-02-2009, 04:57 PM

LOL. no. No parades and rainbow flags EVERYWHERE, students learn about gay history and stuff. We have an assembly and talk about the gay generation. I ment 'I don't want to have to act straight' Because thats how i feel, that i have to act straight to fit in, and if i don't then i get bullied.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Being gay wasnt a big thing in my school. If you were gay. You were gay. If you were straight. You were straight. There wasnt such a massive hoo haa about it. Its not needed.

Then clearly times have gone back because its a massive thing now.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 04:58 PM

LOL. no. No parades and rainbow flags EVERYWHERE, students learn about gay history and stuff. We have an assembly and talk about the gay generation. I ment 'I don't want to have to act straight' Because thats how i feel, that i have to act straight to fit in, and if i don't then i get bullied.

Yeh but the subject of gay people is going to be brought up which puts more attention on to you and the other gays meaning that perhaps they get bullied more or whatever?

Wildcat!

See, you are just increasing stereotypes! Lots of gay people talk about football, and like football. You have a different issue altogether, and it has nothing to do with your sexuality. There are also a lot of straight people that dont want to talk about football. So basically if youre more interested in girl talk, who is preventing you from doing it? Talk to girls.

Annie
Surely if you were so PROUD of being gay and wanting to show that its NORMAL!

You would not name a WHOLE MONTH gay month! Or whatever.

Surely EVERYDAY would be a gay day for you??

Do you see us having STRAIGHT MONTH?

You are making yourself targets.

30stone
LOL andy you like that video a little Too much.

AHAhaha.

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 04:59 PM

I think its the bullying that needs to be dealt with though and not the fact that your bullied because your gay.Surely a day for 'bullying awareness' would be better:shrug:I do get your point though Loukas

Jake!

You are at my school.

Annie

Are you suggesting I am old?!

Loukas
It's pointless explaining. If you want to take the piss go ahead. I tried, it hasn't worked. well fine.

2. And again, acting like a girl isn't gay. There is such thing as a "straight-acting gay" Xanthi on Shipwrecked for example, hes gay yet you would never know if he didn't tell you.

I was being stereotypical.

Wildcat!
27-02-2009, 05:00 PM

He wants to act himself, not how the sterotype is off straight people and how they have to be at our age.

I think if you read his next post, thats wexactly what he wants to do. He pretty much wants to be a walking stereotype. Fair enough!

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:01 PM

I see your point there actually. Why would you want it to be reconized. However with it brings more awareness liek Loukas said, a boy who likes boys isn't gonna rape every boy who walks past him is he. No it could teach people that and they could start to accept it.

Sam!

You are at my school.

What a load of bo**ocks. But yeh of course your not gay if you don't wanna talk about it. That is the biggest load of horses**t I have ever heard.

Loukas

I think its the bullying that needs to be dealt with though and not the fact that your bullied because your gay.Surely a day for 'bullying awareness' would be better:shrug:I do get your point though Loukas

We have bullying month too LOL. Just in my school being gay is seriously like being a criminal.

Sam!

I think if you read his next post, thats wexactly what he wants to do. He pretty much wants to be a walking stereotype. Fair enough!

:thumbs:

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:02 PM

You are at my school.

What a load of bo**ocks. But yeh of course your not gay if you don't want to talk about it. That is the biggest load of horses**t I have ever heard.

No, Im saying its right, I'm saying that the immaturity at my school means things like your statement are true.

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:02 PM

I see your point there actually. Why would you want it to be reconized. However with it brings more awareness liek Loukas said, a boy who likes boys isn't going to rape every boy who walks past him is he. No it could teach people that and they could start to accept it.

Who said that all gay boys were going to rape anyone? Nobody.

*mazedsalv**
27-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Everyone was mature about it, we just had to give our opinions, most of us said (guys), its their life, they can do whatever they want, and most people said they think its wrong but if their happy then we shouldnt judge them.

Jake!

You are at my school.

What a load of bo**ocks. But yeh of course your not gay if you don't want to talk about it. That is the biggest load of horses**t I have ever heard.

No, Im saying its right, I'm saying that the immaturity at my school means things like your statement are true. Its stupid and you can say its a load of **** but people do say things like this.

supernoodles!

We have bullying month too LOL. Just in my school being gay is seriously like being a criminal.

Its like that in every school I think,and maybe they should concentrate on having a more effective bullying month.Again,Im not a homophobe but why should straight people have to celebrate gay people ,its not like gay people have to celebrate straight people.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Its like that in every school I think,and maybe they should concentrate on having a more effective bullying month.Again,Im not a homophobe but why should straight people have to celebrate gay people ,its not like gay people have to celebrate straight people.

I agree. I don't think we have "bullying month" lol

Loukas

And if you watched the video you would see. I am proud of it, but im not a strong person. Scott fought the bullies and won and now is one of the most popular people in school. I PERSONALLY have been beaten up because people think i was gay. That's wrong.

You don't have a stright month because you don't get bullied for it.

LemonJam

Not every LGBT is proud of their sexuality because it isn't accepted in todays society.

No, because you'd be getting picked on for being what you are.

You can be yourselves every month. Hetrosexuality is everywhere, you learn about it basically from birth, unless you have gay parents, whilst LGBT is targetted and people need to recognize that.

No, homophobia is making the community targets.

Jake!

I see your point there actually. Why would you want it to be reconized. However with it brings more awareness liek Loukas said, a boy who likes boys isn't going to rape every boy who walks past him is he. No it could teach people that and they could start to accept it.

Who said that all gay boys were going to rape anyone? Nobody.

Nope what I'm saying is theres people that react like, he's gonna make a move on me, just because he's gay. She's gonna try and touch me because she's gay. He likes me, just because he's gay. Do you know what I mean now?

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 05:05 PM

You are at my school.

that is a load of poop like,I know tonnes of boys who HATE football including my ex who I was with for 4 years,he aint gay.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Everyone was mature about it, we just had to give our opinions, most of us said (guys), its their life, they can do whatever they want, and most people said they think its wrong but if their happy then we shouldnt judge them.

But the sooner we start making it a general topic, the more homophobia is gonna fizzle out. I hardly ever hear of any racist incidents.

Fom
I cant believe the people on this forum, I think this is a fantastic idea.

Loukas

I agree. I don't think we have "bullying month" lol

We do. April. I can see where people come from about it not being fair about straight people don't have a month of their own. But LGBT month is to STOP THE HOMOPHOBIC people bully gay people

Annie

And if you watched the video you would see. I am proud of it, but Im not a strong person. Scott fought the bullies and won and now is one of the most popular people in school. I PERSONALLY have been beaten up because people think i was gay. That's wrong.

You don't have a stright month because you don't get bullied for it.

Right someone beat you up for thinking you are gay.
People get beaten up all the times for lots of different things. Its not just about being gay is it?

And people get bullied for having braces. Are you going to have a BRACE MONTH?

Its nonsense. I dont have a problem with gay people as my brother is gay but its stupid having all this drama.

Its just drawing attention to gays and then you will end up in more trouble.

supernoodles!
27-02-2009, 05:08 PM
people get bullied for loads of things though you can`t just go around having days to celebrate it

Loukas
I g2g. Sorry everyone.

Jake!

You are at my school.

that is a load of poop like,I know tonnes of boys who HATE football including my ex who I was with for 4 years,he aint gay.

Obviously theres people that don't like football its a interest not everyone has however what I'm saying is the immature people see it as a "SIGN" that your gay.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:09 PM

Are you suggesting I am old?!

No just whenever you left school was when things clearly changed. Or it was the area you were in andthe people in your rea that were, were lucky.

30stone
27-02-2009, 05:09 PM

You are at my school.

Obviously theres people that don't like football its a interest not everyone has however what I'm saying is the immature people see it as a "SIGN" that your gay.

I have to say in my school and you didnt like football you were just as normal as they people who did.

Fom
27-02-2009, 05:10 PM
people get bullied for loads of things though you can`t just go around having days to celebrate it

Why not?
Its not celebrating, I am not sure where you are getting that idea, but Loukas has told you multiple times, its educating people about the history. Making it seem more acceptable, making children feel more comfortable to come out and be themselves, instead of pretending to be straight so they fit in.

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Fom... Think of the silences!

Novo
27-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Robin-Van-Perfect

You are at my school.

I have to say in my school and you didnt like football you were just as normal as they people who did.

LOL exactly

who brought football into this

it has nothing to do with the subject :joker:

Fom
27-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Haha, when I read this I was thinking 'wtf?'
But I just got it haha.

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Fom

Haha, when I read this I was thinking 'wtf?'
But I just got it haha.

See this is our fault!

30stone
27-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I dont see why you cant just be taught about it in school instead of being taught about it and naming a month to be taught about it.

Locke.
27-02-2009, 05:13 PM

Same. And football isn't just for straight people, look at James McFadden. (and apparently Ashley Cole)

Novo
27-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Same. And football isn't just for straight people, look at James McFadden. (and apparently Ashley Cole)

Sol campbell

Tom
27-02-2009, 05:15 PM

STRAIGHT RIGHTS NOW!!!

*holds up banner*

I think we should start Straight Pride or something :joker:

Fom
I dont see why you cant just be taught about it in school instead of being taught about it and naming a month to be taught about it.

To be honest there would be a bigger hoo ha from awkward people like in this thread, who want to complain about everything. These people just want acceptance from the world and straight people are refusing it because they don't think its necessary.

Me having gay friends know how hard it is to fit in, they are real people. The world needs to be educated about it and not be so narrow minded about it!

Annie
And some straight men and women dont like football.

You are making yourself a stereotype. Oh I dont like football so I must do ballet and bum boys.

Dont think so

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Tom

STRAIGHT RIGHTS NOW!!!

*holds up banner*

*Marches with Tom*

:cheer:

Fom
27-02-2009, 05:16 PM
The whole reason there isnt a straight pride week or a white pride week is because its accepted! There is no need!

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tom

STRAIGHT RIGHTS NOW!!!

*holds up banner*

What would the flag be lol? Like opposite rainbow.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Tom

STRAIGHT RIGHTS NOW!!!

*holds up banner*

What would the flag be lol? Like opposite rainbow.

You could do inverted colours?
Why am I giving you tips?

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Make a flag Scampi

30stone
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ynkic.jpg

There first pic on google lol!

Sam!
What colours? lol

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:20 PM
ahh Ben :hello:

Tom
27-02-2009, 05:21 PM
What colours? lol

Blue & pink should be on there ... and the lines should be straight

I always thought thats why the rainbow was there, kind of symbolic that they aren't straight but I won't post the non-PC term in case it offends others :whistle::tongue:

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Ben thats hilarious. :laugh3:

Novo
27-02-2009, 05:22 PM
we need a " straight pride " thread

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:23 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/funkychicken999/Woonewalbum/straighty.png

Flag lool?

Annie - Life will test you... Remember that says:
black white grey
Annie - Life will test you... Remember that says:
anything ANTI rainbow

Ross
27-02-2009, 05:26 PM
This one is for me... :joker::joker:

http://www.binetusa.org/Images/Holidays/CBD/CBD_Picnic.gif

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tom

and the lines should be straight

Do you know how Ironic that is? Unless you intended it. Ignore me.

LemonJam

:lovedup:

Wildcat!
Yeah fair enough, agree to disagree that its not necessary. In my opinion its not, and thee kinds of things in school only increases bigotry I thinkou .
And if youre happy with it Loukas fair enough. But the things that you wrote about acting gay and stuff like that, really just confirms stereotypes, and I have a couple of close gay friends who hate that, and they think it holds them back.

But cmon guys, no need to take the piiss about it.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:28 PM

I'm sure a bi-sexual one can be better. I ain't celebrating my day with that logo. LOL :laugh3:

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:29 PM

I'm sure a bi-sexual one can be better. I ain't celebrating my day with that logo. LOL :laugh3:

Since when were you bi? lool

Fom
Yeah fair enough, agree to disagree that its not necessary. In my opinion its not, and thee kinds of things in school only increases bigotry I thinkou .
And if youre happy with it Loukas fair enough. But the things that you wrote about acting gay and stuff like that, really just confirms stereotypes, and I have a couple of close gay friends who hate that, and they think it holds them back.

But cmon guys, no need to take the piiss about it.

Totally 100% agree, I personally don't like hanging around with camp people, but I have a lot of gay friends and they act straighter than me. We should be making the idea that same sex relationships is normal, not the personalities, thats different.

Agree about the pissing about thing as well.

Jake!

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

LemonJam
27-02-2009, 05:30 PM

The flag
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Bi_flag.svg

The Triangles
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Bi_triangles.svg

The Moons
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Bisexual-moon-symbol.svg

I like the triangles myself. :hugesmile:

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

Nope. I'm sure everyone on here is at one stage lol.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:31 PM

The flag

The Triangles

The Moons

The pics don't show up for me.

Novo
27-02-2009, 05:31 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

i think your having us on :nono:

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:32 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

What'd you mean? I don't get ya. LOL
Im baffeled.

Jake!

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Nah I swear to god, I'm bi. LOL

Sam!

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

What'd you mean? I don't get you. LOL
Im baffeled.

Nothing important.

Annie

The flag

The Triangles

The Moons

The pics don't show up for me.

No pics for me neither :sad:

Sam!

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

******......some guy then.

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

I don't get that either. LOL
Im a bit thick today.

Annie
27-02-2009, 05:33 PM
:elephant: <<< Stereotyped gay elephant

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:34 PM
:elephant: <<< Stereotyped gay elephant

Annie.

Sam!

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Im a bit thick today.

****** a guy and we will believe you :thumbs:

LemonJam
Oh failllll :(

They're on this page anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality#Pride_symbols

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:35 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Im a bit thick today.

I've done that. LOL
I've done both sexes ready. Im a naughty person.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:35 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Im a bit thick today.

I've done that. LOL

lol! You drink loads, smoke, have done drugs, shagged both sexes and getting A*s and A's in all your GCSES?

White lie somewhere? lol

Jake!
27-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Im a bit thick today.

I've done that. LOL

lol! You drink loads, smoke, have done drugs, sh****d both sexes and getting A*s and A's in all your GCSES?

White lie somewhere? lol

Trust me, well don't if you don't want to, I ain't lying. I'm not one of those people who likes to big themselves, especially not on an internet website. And, I don't drink loads, only on weekends.

Sam!
27-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Always. Why?
I thought it was known.

i never knew either

Im a bit thick today.

I've done that. LOL

lol! You drink loads, smoke, have done drugs, sh****d both sexes and getting A*s and A's in all your GCSES?

White lie somewhere? lol

Trust me, well don't if you don't want to, I ain't lying. I'm not one of those people who likes to big themselves, especially not on an internet website. And, I don't drink loads, only on weekends.

Fair enough.

Tom
27-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom

and the lines should be straight

Do you know how Ironic that is? Unless you intended it. Ignore me.

:blush2::blush2::blush2:

thats the kinda thing i do in real life

i don't think before i speak

MarkWaldorf
27-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Because I'm pretty sure straight people aren't the victims of abuse or attack for being straight. Straight people can walk down a street holding hands or even kissing. There are places where that isn't acceptable for gay people, and so there's days where gay people can too do this and be proud of who they are. Straight people are surely proud of who they are anyway.

SammyAyee
27-02-2009, 07:04 PM
there is two lesbians at my school and the teachers hate it. they look at them in disgust. so i don't think our school would ever celebrate that.

Sod_James
27-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by SammyAyee
there is two lesbians at my school and the teachers hate it. they look at them in disgust. so i don't think our school would ever celebrate that.

Thats just shameful.......but i know how they feel.

MarkWaldorf
27-02-2009, 07:15 PM

:sad:

Ross
27-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Dirty rug munchers.

I'm kidding. That's awful.

pinkmichk
27-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Markus

Because I'm pretty sure straight people aren't the victims of abuse or attack for being straight. Straight people can walk down a street holding hands or even kissing. There are places where that isn't acceptable for gay people, and so there's days where gay people can too do this and be proud of who they are. Straight people are surely proud of who they are anyway.

fantastic post:hello:

MarkWaldorf
27-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Markus

fantastic post:hello:

_Seth
27-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I wish my school was like that. ='/

KKBL
27-02-2009, 09:53 PM

how do the teachers know they're lesbians?

KKBL
27-02-2009, 09:58 PM
i think sexuality should be included in sex education & that should be made as a permanent fixture in the ciriculum.that way kids will have a deafault opinion that gay's & lesbains are the same as straight people & a 'celebrations' like this wont be necessary.

SammyAyee
27-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by KKBL

because the cuddle in the corrider and snog each other all the time.

KKBL
27-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by KKBL

because the cuddle in the corrider and snog each other all the time.

if the teachers are looking at them in discust because they're lesbians then those teachers are low lifes but if the teachers are looking at them in discust because they snog eachother in a class room then fair enough,they deserve it.