PDA

View Full Version : Free theatre tickets.

Fom
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.squarechapel.co.uk/images1/anlo.gif

It saddens me to think all these young people don't know about this.
At the moment, the theatre world is struggling because young people aren't appreciating theatre like they should be. So the government have come up with a fantastic idea to fund most producing theatres (Theatres that make their own plays) and are giving limited amounts of free tickets for people under 26.

To get a free ticket, you just have to go to the theatre that you want to get a ticket from, fill in a form and then you get a free ticket for a certain night. (You only have to fill the form in once, from then on your details are on the computers and you can just walk in and get free tickets whenever you want)

It is a fantastic opportunity, and its a free night out. I really hope some of you take a look into this because more people need to go to the theatre its so amazing and its a shame its not being appreciated by this TV obsessed generation. Click on the link below and you can find out more details, get recent news and find out which of your local theatres are doing this deal.

This should be going on till 2011 if all goes well. Its the best idea in the world in my eyes, I have took total advantage of it, its been going for about a month and I've got 5 free tickets, including 'Macbeth' at the biggest theatre in Manchester :)

http://www.anightlessordinary.org.uk/

Jen
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Not in NI.
I payed £30 for my ticket to "A Streetcar Named Desire" I don't care as I cannot wait. LOL

Callum
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Is it only for England? :sad:

Magic
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds good :)
Although this and the Computers thing was a waste of money I thought when it was announced... but hey, I hope to make use of it now its here.

Tom4784
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Oooh I like the sound of this.

Jen
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Fom. Make it come to Northern Ireland.

Fom
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes its just England forgot to mention, If I could make this happen all over the world I would, it's so amazing, I am still shocked it is happening!

Lauren
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks Fom. My local theatre "The Dukes" at Lancaster have this offer on, so I will look into it.

Nicky.
02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
So is it for theaters in England? or for people who live in England?

pinkmichk
02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
ooooh thanks fom this looks fab

Fom
02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Nickyy

Theatres in england, I don't think there will be too much of a problem if your from outside... but you can't use this offer if your english and want to go to a theatre outside of england.

Fom
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Also just to add on to all that, you do need to do a new form for every theatre but it is worth 5 mins of your time for 3 years of free tickets. And if you do go, make sure you take photographic ID just in case. I haven't been ID'd anywhere yet, as I look nothing like 26 :P

Greg.!
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
even west end shows?

Jen
02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Belfast/ NI really need this.
Last year I went on a school trip to the theatre for free to see Dancing at Lughnasa. Most of my class complained and moaned because it was so "Old fashoned" and they find plays " Boring and useless".
I think a scheme like this would motivate people to see plays they want to see, also it will show them that Plays can be better than watching Desperate Housewives.

Fom
02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by gregalz123
even west end shows?

No I doubt that, musicals aren't joining in on it. Musical people tend to be complete snobs. The 2 biggest musical theatres in Manchester aren't doing it because they receive musicals that are on tour. Bugs me.

Try the National Theatre, that sounds like a place that might do it. But west end doesn't need loads of people to go, its local theatres that have problems.

Fom
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
Belfast/ NI really need this.
Last year I went on a school trip to the theatre for free to see Dancing at Lughnasa. Most of my class complained and moaned because it was so "Old fashoned" and they find plays " Boring and useless".
I think a scheme like this would motivate people to see plays they want to see, also it will show them that Plays can be better than watching Desperate Housewives.

I was watching a play once (On my own because I'm cool) and there was a group of kids there on a school trip and some of them were dressed in tutu's and some actually said 'is this a big tv or are there real people on stage?!'

It's a shame our country is so uneducated about the theatre, because when you see good theatre, its mesmerizing. So much more than any TV show can do, live drama is insanely addictive.

I have got myself started talking about theatre now, I wont shut up! :joker:

Nicky.
02-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Fom
Originally posted by Nickyy

Theatres in england, I don't think there will be too much of a problem if your from outside... but you can't use this offer if your english and want to go to a theatre outside of england.

Ah right!

If it doesn't let me.. I will use my nan and grandads address xD