PDA

View Full Version : Tastes like the smell of

Z
06-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where something tastes like the smell of something else, but when you say "this tastes like ___" people laugh at you because you didn't say the full thing?

Is there actually a word for "tastes like the smell of" because if not, there should be one...

Hugo
06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
moo

Z
06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by HUGO
moo

What is the point in you as a person, HUGO? C'mon now, let's evaluate life. "Moo" - I think you belong at the funny farm. It'll be fine, we're all here for you. :laugh:

Hugo
06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Zee
Originally posted by HUGO
moo

What is the point in you as a person, HUGO? C'mon now, let's evaluate life. "Moo" - I think you belong at the funny farm. It'll be fine, we're all here for you. :laugh:

Sorry. :sad:
*slits wrists*

Tom
06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
LOL yes

Its usually air freshener and I just get a glare followed by some laughs and its like :\

Typical me speaking before thinking

Ninastar
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Tosay i said that cheese tasted of feet. Even tho i never have tasted feet lol x

*mazedsalv**
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I do sometimes say something like "It tastes like wood" or "it tastes like paint" and my friends are always like "How do you know what wood/paint tastes like?", but is it just me who associates a taste with the smell of something... i eman if i say it taste sof wood (no ive never tasted wood before) but you kind of automaticaly know what it tasts like because of the smell... i hope thats not just me.

Princess
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I said Sprite tasted like the color green once. Although my friend argeed,lol!

Jen
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Princess

Oh my god.
It does!

*mazedsalv**
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
Originally posted by Princess

Oh my god.
It does!

Cant believe im saying this, but I actually understand what you mean!!

Magic
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
I do sometimes say something like "It tastes like wood" or "it tastes like paint" and my friends are always like "How do you know what wood/paint tastes like?", but is it just me who associates a taste with the smell of something... i eman if i say it taste sof wood (no ive never tasted wood before) but you kind of automaticaly know what it tasts like because of the smell... i hope thats not just me.

LOL I'm like that with Dog poo and human piss, like I just KNOW what it would taste like.
:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Ninastar
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I sometimes think that grass smells of summer lol. And i am so thin king summer is close right now lol I dont even know why lol x

James
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Taste and smell are closely related and the flavour of something relates to its smell.

Some people have a condition called synesthesia also, where the senses are crossed so they might see sounds or hear colours etc.

andyman
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Sugar puffs smell like wee...

*mazedsalv**
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Magic
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**

LOL I'm like that with Dog poo and human p**s, like I just KNOW what it would taste like.
:yuk::yuk::yuk:

Yeah omg me too.... i just know what it would taste like and my friends would just look at me funny and make some sort of comment!! :shrug: Lol

andyman
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
People that have taken LSD have said that they can hear smells and taste sounds..

Captain.Remy
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Message original : andyman
People that have taken LSD have said that they can hear smells and taste sounds..

You know it. :wink:

andyman
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Message original : andyman

You know it. :wink: ...long time ago, 1994, and old ladies running around opening and closing gates, then went for the bus but the bus stop was only 100yards away but i'm sure it had taken me 1hour to get there but what was i doing if it did...

Indierock&roll
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
i ALWAYS say "this tastes like the smell of ... " like all the time i thought it was just me who always like gets it because everyones like what how can it taste like the smell