PDA

View Full Version : Be a star- Singing competition

Lewis.
06-03-2009, 08:24 PM
At my school they are holding a singing competition called "Be a star". You audition, Get called back, then get called back again. And then you go into the live shows. It is like the X factor with different categories and stuff. The live shows will ge on for 8 weeks until a winner is found. The categories are, Year 7-9, Year 10-13 and groups. I am going to audition and i am singing a bit of "Hero" By Mariah Carey. I will post any updates in here! I am really excited, the winner gets to perform at the eden project at the Cornwall music awards in front of about 800 people. I cannot wait! I will do a video of me singing my audition peice ans stuff and see what you guys think.. Wish me luck :)

xDramatick
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Aww, I'd always wanted to do something like this, but my school never liked the idea and my college wouldn't have enough entries [considering it's a theatre that hosts only performing arts and music courses, you'd think a talent show would get more than 3 entries].

Good luck, and be sure to show us your voice!

Lewis.
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Darenn
Aww, I'd always wanted to do something like this, but my school never liked the idea and my college wouldn't have enough entries [considering it's a theatre that hosts only performing arts and music courses, you'd think a talent show would get more than 3 entries].

Good luck, and be sure to show us your voice!

Thanks Darenn. I have to sing a verse and a chorus of one slow song, Hero. And a verse and a chorus of a fast song, Cry me a river ;)

Lauren
06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Good luck.

Remember not to peak til later into the song. (i.e. Don't belt it out or go for the stunner vocals at first, keep it calm, but not monotonal, then the last verse go for it).

Also, sing from your stomach not your throat.

Anyway, good luck :dazzler:!!!

Dom:D
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Good luck!!:dance:

Lewis.
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
Good luck.

Remember not to peak til later into the song. (i.e. Don't belt it out or go for the stunner vocals at first, keep it calm, but not monotonal, then the last verse go for it).

Also, sing from your stomach not your throat.

Anyway, good luck :dazzler:!!!

Thanks. I have all of my songs all planned up until the Live shows.

Audition 1-
Hero
Cry me a river

Callbacks/Boot camp-
Without you
I'll be there

Judges.mentors decision
Listen
You light up my life

i really cannot wait for my audition. I got given lead in the school Jazz band, so i am quite confident!

bronaaaa
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Ohh good luck :cheer: