PDA

View Full Version : Money Money Money for meee <3

xDramatick
07-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm SO happyyy.
Basically, before I started college I applied for EMA, and I'm entitled to £30 a week, but because the system's stupid, and due to a load of errors&delays, I still haven't received any money [I applied in like August, it's now March]. I was told to reapply last month and they'd sort it. In the meanwhile I've been saving up lunch money for a rainy day and have about £200.

I phoned up again the other day and they told me that once my college have put my name in the system or whatever, I'll be backpaid to September.

That's like... £700/£800!!!!
With the money I've saved, that's almost £1000.
I'm so excited. That's a lot of money to me :\ I don't think I've ever been given more than like. £100 haha.
I don't even know what to do with any of it.
tbh I'll end up saving the majority of it for if I need it for theatre school or auditions/costumes or whatever and live off the £30 a week I get from now on.
I'm just.
Wow. Mega happy hahaha.

Anyone else get any cash payouts like this?

Fom
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
*Sigh* I remember when I got back paid by EMA in December. That was a fun time! Till I spent it all on auditions :sad:

MarkWaldorf
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Do you have a few notes to spare? I haven't any money.
http://www.computercoop.com/asia/IndiaBegger.jpg
:sad:

In seriousness, lucky! My friend got a payout last year, but it was only like £350 or something.

Nicky.
07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't get EMA till like 2 years! :sad:

That's great though! You won't know what to do with yourself!!

My brother is in upper 6th, and he has a job too, so when he gets his wages/EMA payouts, he goes mad on clothes and booze xD He doesn't get the saving aspect xD

I won £225 in juniors though, there was a competition to guess the time of the first goal in the FA cup final and I got it! 43:01! :spin:

pinkmichk
07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
thats fab enjoy
my dad is giving me £600 out of his reduncy payout but its going on new things for my house will have about a £100 left over which will be saved for holiday and v festival

Jake!
07-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Have fun spending. That's quite a bit, well its a lot but yeah have fun with shopping trips over the next couple of weeks.

xDramatick
07-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Fom
*Sigh* I remember when I got back paid by EMA in December. That was a fun time! Till I spent it all on auditions :sad:

That reminds me, £5 a month for Starnow.
I'm quite lucky when it comes to auditions. Travel won't be too expensive because I have a 16 - 25 travelcard & my boyfriend works on trains so it can be even cheaper, &I know a professional photographer who's willing to do my shots for me for free as long as he can use them in his work. &then this lil' fund for any other expenses.

LOL Markus, don't you get EMA?
Nickyy - That's so cool! Did you guess the time exactly? :shocked:

Thanks Jake! & pinkmichk! I don't wanna get older and have to spend money on bills and houses and stuff. LOL. I 'spose it all comes first though.

Jake!
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Darenn worry about the future later, you have £1000 in your hand.

Nicky.
07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Yup I did!!

Never have I watched a football match so closely!!

The head teacher was supposed to record it, and watch it back to he could confirm who had won the next day.. but he forgot.. and they had to wait like a week for the recording - but I knew I had won!!

It was to the nearest 10 seconds.. so you had to guess between 43:00 and 43:09 to get 43:01.. and I got it right on xD :)

I was only like, 10.. so I went out and bought loads of games and stuff xD

pinkmichk
07-03-2009, 01:27 PM
yeah spend it now before you have bills and things make the most of being young enough to not have to worry about things like that i certainly dont regret blowing all my wages on drink junk food clothes and cinema when i was your age

bronaaaa
07-03-2009, 01:29 PM
What's ema ? :S

Tom
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Seems like a lot but it really doesn't go far if you're not careful, but screw perspective and blow the lot :tongue:

Jake!
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bronaa

Its up £30 a week for those who stay on education past 16. I think.

bronaaaa
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Jake!

:shocked: ..2 years to go then (Y)

Jake!
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM

I have a year and six days.

xDramatick
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM

Haha, it's basically a bribe to get students into college, you only get your money if you turn up to every lesson, every day of that week

Also, you can only get it if your household's income is less than a certain amount, so not everyone gets it.

bronaaaa
07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Darenn

Haha, it's basically a bribe to get students into college, you only get your money if you turn up to every lesson, every day of that week

Also, you can only get it if your household's income is less than a certain amount, so not everyone gets it.

Ahh right..I hope I get it :dance:

Jake!
07-03-2009, 01:54 PM

Ahh right..I hope I get it :dance:

No doubt you probably will.

Nicky.
07-03-2009, 02:33 PM
You don't get it once you pass 16.. you get it when you have left year 11 - or the equivalent - otherwise I would be getting it in December, and I will only just have started year 11!!

Also, you only get it if your parents earn under £30,000 a year between them :) (I think it's between them)

xDramatick
07-03-2009, 02:38 PM
^ yeah it's between them.

bronaaaa
07-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickyy
You don't get it once you pass 16.. you get it when you have left year 11 - or the equivalent - otherwise I would be getting it in December, and I will only just have started year 11!!

Also, you only get it if your parents earn under £30,000 a year between them :) (I think it's between them)

Dam I think mines earn more :/

30stone
07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice!

Though i hate ema because my family make over 30k a year i dont get 30 pound a week, they dont have the money to do that!

And i just had to lend my mate over 100 pound coz some girl crashed his car,

But im happy coz parents may be giving me my loan soon for my car (=

Jen
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Lucky you!

I won't get EMA as both my parents work.
I will do hard labour for cash... (in a non sexual way... James.)

Shaun
07-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Mine was backdated last year and I never got any of the money I missed. :mad:

But I did get bonuses when I shouldn't have...my attendance was awful, my effort worse.

So...Darenn, get us tickets to Glasto yeh?

xDramatick
07-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Picto
Mine was backdated last year and I never got any of the money I missed. :mad:

But I did get bonuses when I shouldn't have...my attendance was awful, my effort worse.

So...Darenn, get us tickets to Glasto yeh?

I'm pretty sure I've never had a day off, or well, I have but the college have me down as 100% LOL.

'kay bby, we can share a tent :D

MarkWaldorf
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Fom

LOL Markus, don't you get EMA?

Nah. My mum said I didn't qualify for it because she earns too much, but she isn't exactly raking the money in so I kept checking incase she was lying. It turns out if both your parents work it has to be a certain amount or something to qualify? I think both my parents wages combined is over the EMA limit. :sad::sad: I envy you lol.

Lauren
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
STUDENT.

LOANS.

:dance2:

LemonJam
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
Lucky you!

LMFAO!!!!

I don't even know what an EMA is D:

Matt08
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LemonJam
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
Lucky you!

LMFAO!!!!

I don't even know what an EMA is D:

Education Maintenance Allowance.