PDA

View Full Version : 8 CELEBRITY HOUSEMATES MOVE INTO BIG BROTHER HOUSE

Amy
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Tonight, LIVE at 9pm on Channel 4, the eight Celebrity Big Brother housemates were thrown together for the first time when they entered their new home - the Big Brother house. The four men and four women arrived in separate cars to enter the house individually. None of the celebrity housemates knew who they’d be spending the next couple of weeks with but Davina McCall finally confirmed the celebrity line-up as BEZ, BRIGITTE NIELSEN, CAPRICE, GERMAINE GREER, JEREMY EDWARDS, JOHN McCRIRICK, KENZIE and LISA I’ANSON. The housemates will be playing for a cash prize fund of up to £50,000.

For some, this will be their home for eighteen days. From tonight onwards, they will have no contact with the outside world and will be a world away from the lives of luxury they are accustomed to. Life in the Big Brother house will be strict and unforgiving and could be the most uncompromising and unpredictable couple of weeks of their lives. Their home will be like nowhere they’ve ever lived before. They’ll be living in a small and claustrophobic house with nowhere to hide. For the first time, the celebrities will sleep together in a mixed bedroom – although one of them will have their own adjacent bedroom with a double waterbed to themselves. New to the house is an outdoor relaxation area kitted out with a whirlpool, heated seated area and fire and sauna. However, there won’t be much time for them to relax, as Big Brother will be throwing lots of evil tasks and surprises at them.

Shirley Jones, Celebrity Big Brother Executive Producer said; "We've chosen a real mix of characters who are famous for very different reasons, so it'll be fascinating seeing how they all get along in there. It's our biggest Celebrity Big Brother ever, with eight housemates living in close quarters for over two weeks - and with up to £50,000 prize money at stake, as well as lots of money to be raised for their chosen charities. But they'll have to work for it! We've got loads in store for them...Big Brother wouldn't be Big Brother without a few surprises!"

Sharon Powers, Channel 4’s Commissioning Editor said: “It’s going to be a real shock for our celebrities when they walk through the Big Brother doors. Eight big characters living in such a small space should make for an interesting watch.”

The decision as to who stays and who goes, as always, lies in the hands of the viewers, who will be able to vote via telephone, text message and interactive TV. All eviction votes cost 50p per vote and a total of 25p will go to charity. A percentage of each vote (16p) will be donated to a group of charities chosen by the celebrities. Each celebrity housemate has nominated a charity to support and the total money raised via voting revenue will be split equally. This means each housemate will raise an equal amount of money for their chosen charity, regardless of where they finish in the competition.

Following the Asian Tsunami, Channel 4 and Endemol UK have decided that the remaining profits from the public vote (9p per vote) should go to the appeal to help victims of the disaster. Some celebrities have also chosen the Tsunami appeal as their charity. This means that for every one million votes cast in Celebrity Big Brother 2005, £90,000 will go to the Tsunami appeal in addition to the monies already being raised for the housemates’ charities.

Celebrity Big Brother’s Little Brother (11.05pm on Channel 4) will follow on from Davina’s show when DERMOT O’LEARY meets the friends and family members of the new housemates.

THE CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER EIGHT

THE MEN

Name: BEZ
Lives: Manchester
Star Sign: Aries
Chosen charity: Tsunami Disaster Emergency Committee

What will you miss the most?
My kids.

How have you been preparing for your Celebrity Big Brother experience?
I’ve been going out a lot.

Who will you be glad to get away from?
My mother in-law.

How long do you think you’ll last in the house?
Not very long.

What do your family and friends think about you being on Big Brother?
They’re embarrassed.

Who would be your ideal Big Brother housemate?
Shaun Ryder.

Who would be your nightmare Big Brother housemate?
Shaun Ryder.

What’s your most annoying habit?
I can’t stop talking.

Can you cook and what’s your signature dish?
Yes, breakfast – eggs, bacon and beans.

What will be your ‘party piece’ to entertain your fellow housemates?
Freaky dancing.

Name three things you’ll be taking into the Celebrity Big Brother house
Me, myself and I.

Who has been your all time favourite Big Brother contestant?
Goldie.

Bez, most famous for being part of Happy Mondays was inspired to go on Celebrity Big Brother after seeing his friend Goldie appear on the show. He wants to have a laugh in the house, saying, “I’m in it for the entertainment value and also to make some wages, make some money for charity. I can’t do better than that.” His tactic is to be “just me, I go with the flow. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m just a normal average Joe.”

Name: JEREMY EDWARDS
Lives: London
Star Sign: Aquarius
Chosen charity: MIND

Why did you decide to take part in Celebrity Big Brother?
Because I’ve got the builders in and nowhere to live.

Which charity have you picked and why?
MIND, because mental health still has a stigma attached to it when it affects most people at some time.

What do you think you’ll find the hardest thing about being in the Celebrity Big Brother house?
The lack of contact with friends and family and my dog.

What will you miss most?
My own bed.

Sitting in silence, meditating for a days on end and centring myself.

What or who will you be glad to get away from?
My mobile phone.

As long as I’m not evicted! Who knows!

What do your family and friends thing about you being in Celebrity Big Brother?
Haven’t told them!

Yes, but nothing special.

Do you think you’ll make a good housemate?
Yes, excellent.

Ricky Gervais or Pamela Anderson.

Jeffrey Dahmer (serial killer).

Name three things you will be taking into the Celebrity Big Brother house
Beer, fags and chocolate.

Who’s been your all time favourite Big Brother contestant?
Jade.

Actor Jeremy is very nervous about going into the Celebrity Big Brother house, despite being “a genuine fan of Big Brother” and finding the whole show “absolutely fascinating.”

A self-confessed joker, Jeremy is “planning on playing a few practical jokes” and “wants to have a laugh and make a few friends.” He admits he “won’t have a problem taking orders from Big Brother but what I will have a problem with is taking orders from the other housemates.”

Name: JOHN McCRIRICK
Lives: Lake District
Star Sign: John doesn’t celebrate birthdays
Chosen charity: Greatwood Caring for Retired Racehorses

Greatwood Caring for Retired Racehorses. It will go directly to animals who give us so much pleasure. What happens when they become slow or old?

What do you think you’ll find is the hardest thing about being in the Celebrity Big Brother house?
Boredom and the egos of the others trying to win. I’m not frightened of Big Brother – well not yet anyway!

What will you miss most?
Booby (his wife), my cats and dogs and the news.

What will you be glad to get away from?
Nothing.

24 hours – I want to be the fastest voted off evictee. If it was a horserace they’d say ‘he’s not trying’. I’m going in there knowing I’m not going to win and not trying to win.

What do your family and friends think about you being in Celebrity Big Brother?
I’ve got no friends. I’ve only got Booby.

I can’t cook. My father never went in the kitchen and neither do I.

Why do you think you’ll make a good housemate?
I won’t. I don’t have a career to enhance. I’m a failed bookie, a failed punter and a failed journalist.

Kate Winslet.

Flat-chested, bossy women. Someone like Germaine Greer or Christine Hamilton.

Name three things you will be taking into the Big Brother house
Cigars, loose-leaf tea and a soft pillow.

By his own admission, horse-racing pundit John is “a deeply unpleasant person. The views I hold are deeply unacceptable to some people.” He admits to loving “big breasts” and has even named his dog ‘Double D’.

He thinks his time in the Big Brother house will be interesting, especially as “I’ve never been in the kitchen in my life. I’ll do the menial tasks that any fool can do,” although his wife Booby has revealed that “he can’t mend a fuse.”

Name: KENZIE
Star Sign: Capricorn
Chosen charity: Tsunami

All ten of Blazin Squad watched the last Celebrity Big Brother and everyone thought I would be good. Plus I am a fan.

What do you think will be the most difficult thing about being in the house?
The age difference.

Tsunami Disaster Emergency Committee because it’s easy to sit in the Big Brother house while people are without a home so they should benefit.

What will you miss most?
My family because I live at home.

How have you been preparing for your Big Brother experience?
I’ve been neglecting my hobbies and home comforts

What will you be glad to get away from?
My mobile phone and the world.

I think I could go the whole way.

They’re pleased. I got full support from them because they think I’ll make good TV.

Girls Aloud – all five of them or David Brent.

Who would you least like to live with?
Chris Moyles or Marilyn Manson.

Picking my nose.

Can you cook - and what’s your signature dish?
Yes, breakfast – scrambled eggs, any type of egg.

I’m lively, energetic and looking forward to the tasks. I’m a good sport.

2 bottles of wine and a mini football.

Who have been your favourite Big Brother contestants?
Jack Dee and Victor.

Kenzie is the youngest ever Big Brother housemate. As he turns 19 on the day he enters the house, he’s most worried about the age difference between him and his housemates. However, he is “looking forward to bringing quite a musical vibe into the house.”

He believes he can win Celebrity Big Brother although, “I don’t want to be too confident - but at the back of my mind I think I could do it and have a chance.”

One thing Kenzie’s most looking forward to about the experience is becoming “more independent and mature.” He hopes to learn to cook in the house and to learn how to live without his Playstation.

He admits, “I’m big fan of girls. My core fan base is girls – they’re my main priority in life.”

THE WOMEN

Name: BRIGITTE NIELSON
Lives: Milan
Star Sign: Cancer
Chosen charity: The Abandoned Streetkids of Brazil

6“1’ Brigitte was born in Denmark and speaks 4 languages. She is “pretty wild, outspoken, I say what I think. I have the potential to kick ass. I would not compromise on people bullshitting me behind my back.” She believes she’ll be known as “Brigitte Nielson – the one with the boobies,” especially as she likes to wander around with no top on. She plans to be herself in the house saying, “if people can’t handle it then I’ll be-bop out of there.”

One thing she shouldn’t have a problem with in the house is the opposite sex. “I adore men. Men to me are deadly important.”

Name: CAPRICE
Star Sign: Scorpio
Chosen charity: Childline

What are you most looking forward to about going into the Celebrity Big Brother house?
I love the fact that people are going see the real me. I want them to see the real me – I’m not afraid.

What are you least looking forward to?
I’ve never been in a confined space with people I don’t know. I also hope someone doesn’t ‘flatulate’ all the time. It smells and it’s disgusting.

5”11’ model and actress Caprice, who also has her own underwear and swimwear label, confesses,”I’m a dork – I have a goofy personality, contrary to what people think.” She hopes to make friends in the house saying, “If there were someone sensitive in there that I’d be able to connect with, I’d go for it. I hope there is one.” However she worries about whether she’ll lose her cool in confines of the Big Brother house, saying, “I wonder if I’m going to do tantrums…they want dramas and they’ll get them!”

Name: GERMAINE GREER
Lives: London (born in Melbourne, Australia)
Star Sign: Aquarius
Chosen charity: Buglife – the invertebrate conservation trust

Because any money I earn will make a big difference to my charity.

Buglife. I’m Vice President and they’re very short of funds. It’s not glamorous though.

What do you think you’ll find the hardest thing about being in the Celebrity Big Brother house?
Never being alone.

What will you miss most?
Life.

Digging a new duck pond.

They’re tearing their hair out.

As I live alone, I don’t know. I’m about to find out, although it could be grinding my teeth and pulling monkey faces.

I can cook and therefore have no signature dish.

Because most of my life I have lived with people and know what can be done in a cooperative situation - but it’s important to keep your privacy.

What will be your ‘party piece’ to entertain your fellow housemates?
I don’t think it’s my duty to entertain housemates. The definition of boring is card tricks, other people’s dreams and other people’s sex.

Eddie Izzard.

Anne Robinson.

A spice box, earplugs and a sleep mask.

Who’s been your all time favourite Big Brother housemate?
Jack Dee.

Germaine Greer is a self-styled anarchist. She says, “I’m 65 years old, supposed to be a pensioner. I’ve got to strike a blow for the old ladies.” She always sleeps naked and very rarely wears underwear so is concerned about the cameras following her in the house, saying, “its going to be so hard for me to remember that I’m supposed to have my bits covered.”

Living in a house full of celebrities should be a test for Germaine as she hates smoking and won’t tolerate smoking around her. She admits that she “can sometimes be quite short with people and I’m supposed to be terrifying.”

Name: LISA I’ANSON
Occupations: DJ (BBC London) and presenter
Star Sign: Gemini
Chosen charity: Action Aid

Why did you decide to take part?
I’m a massive fan

What charity have you picked and why?
Action Aid – I’ve been working with them for 3years and I’d like people to be aware of the good work they do.

What will you miss most?
Family, friends, cats and music.

What or who will you be glad to get away from?
The stresses and strains of life.

What do your family and friends think of you being in Celebrity Big Brother?
They are more than pleased for me.

I’m bossy

I consider myself a lazy chef. I can cook, but I cannot be bothered. Signature dish? Probably roast chicken.

Because I like people.

What will be your ‘party piece’ to entertain your housemates?
Louis Armstrong impressions.

Who would be your ideal Celebrity Big Brother housemate?
Hugh Grant

Anyone who is either a snob or a bigot.

Name three things you’ll be taking into the Celebrity Big Brother house.
An attitude, a sense of humour and lots of smiles.

Have you ever watched Big Brother before?
Every single series.

Who’s been your all-time favourite contestant?
I love, love Nadia! Because she’s brilliant. So much life and vitality.

Life in the Celebrity Big Brother house is going to be interesting with Lisa as one of the housemates, because she admits, “I’m really bossy. I always get my own way. I’m a bit of a moody cow. I’m a bit of a leader as opposed to a follower and quite mouthy. If I really want something I get it.” Despite being a massive fan of the series, she plans to ignore the Big Brother rules, saying, “I’m not one for rules, I don’t intend to be broken by anyone – not even Big Brother!”