PDA

View Full Version : Coolio Arrested At LAX Airport For Possession of Crack

letmein
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Coolio caught with crack cocaine at the LAX airport checkpoint

Someone needs to tell Artis Leon Ivey Jr. (a.k.a. Coolio) that the workers at the airport checkpoint are on the lookout for more than just guns, bombs and terrorists.

When they go through your stuff and discover crack cocaine, the will haul you off to jail. And not the good "Gangsta's paradise" jail, they'll lock you away in the dirty jail, with all the other naughty people.

Coolio posted a $10,000 bail and was released, and I'm sure the legal system will once again go light on this celebrity.

Finding the crack cocaine is bad enough, but Mr. Ivey also "got physical" with the screener. I'd say he's lucky they didn't Taser him all the way to his destination.

One part of the news release really stood out - Coolio was on his way to Tulsa, on a Southwest Airlines flight. Not that there is anything wrong with Southwest, I'm guessing that all those years of being in the music business have either made him appreciate flying with us commoners, or he's simply not been successful enough to get his own private jet.

Remember kids, drugs are bad, but drugs in your pockets at the TSA checkpoint are really bad.

http://www.gadling.com/2009/03/07/coolio-caught-with-crack-cocaine-at-the-lax-airport-checkpoint/

Dom:D
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
:shocked: :shocked:

Harry!
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm I shocked....No

xDramatick
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Not shocked at all, if I'm honest.

-wonders how David/.Andy. will defend him- :tongue:

Locke.
08-03-2009, 08:30 PM
It's his lifestyle, can't expect him to change because he is famous.

Speaking of Coolio, I was watching "Coolio's 50 Greatest Love Songs" (that wasn't the exact title, but it was similar), on MTV Base today. He had Jagged Edge as #1, good choice.

Harry!
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by David
It's his lifestyle, can't expect him to change because he is famous.

Speaking of Coolio, I was watching "Coolio's 50 Greatest Love Songs" (that wasn't the exact title, but it was similar), on MTV Base today. He had Jagged Edge as #1, good choice.

Coolio (Celeb BB). Coolio's Lovers Paradise Top 50 - MTV Base: 1200pm. (TV/Radio)

bananarama
08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
They should lock the waster up and throw the key away.......

Lauren
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh Coolio, what are we going to do with you.

Locke.
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by bananarama
They should lock the waster up and throw the key away.......

That would be good promotion for the new album. Good thinking.

Wildcat!
08-03-2009, 11:18 PM
hehehe!!! I never understand people who carry drugs in airplanes and stuff, especially some simple things like Marijuana or crack cocaine. Wherever you go in the world, you can get yourself drugs! Why in the hell carry them on an airplane?

Chri$
08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Urgh he is a Idiot.

He should go to jail and he should have his kids removed from him.

letmein
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Chri$
Urgh he is a Idiot.

He should go to jail and he should have his kids removed from him. Like Britney.

Locke.
08-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Aren't his kids in their late teens/early 20's now anyway?

Iceman
08-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by letmein
Originally posted by Chri$
Urgh he is a Idiot.

He should go to jail and he should have his kids removed from him. Like Britney.

:laugh2:LOL, I can see that whole argument jumping into this thread now! I'd run if i were you, i'll try fend them off for a bit.

James
11-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Coolio charged with crack possession

The rapper and actor, famous for his hit Gangsta's Paradise, has been charged after a crack pipe was reportedly found in his luggage at Los Angeles International Airport

Rosie Swash

guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 11 March 2009

Rapper turned reality TV star Coolio has been charged with possession of crack cocaine and battery following his arrest at Los Angeles International Airport last week. Coolio, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr, was detained on Friday 6 March after a crack pipe was reportedly found in his luggage. The rapper earned an additional charge of battery after allegedly grabbing a security officer's arm while his luggage was being searched.

Coolio achieved international fame with his 1995 hit Gangsta's Paradise, which appeared in the film Dangerous Minds and sampled the Stevie Wonder song Pastime Paradise. The song won a Grammy award for best rap solo performance but its success was never replicated by the Californian rapper.

The 45-year-old has recently returned to the limelight with his online TV show Cookin' with Coolio. The rapper's appearance on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in January made headlines, thanks to his negative attitude to women and soundbites such as "English women get drunk to meet strangers". Coolio also admitted to his fellow Celebrity Big Brother housemates that he had a history of drug use.

If found guilty, he faces up to three years in prison. He is scheduled to appear in court on 3 April 2009.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/mar/11/coolio-charged-crack-possession

Locke.
11-03-2009, 11:54 PM
That reminds me, I have to watch Cookin' With Coolio.

arista
12-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Lauren
Oh Coolio, what are we going to do with you.

Give him a 'Coolio and the Ho's show'
on ITV2.

Take a gamble.

sazzzz
24-05-2009, 10:01 PM
i love coolio and if he wants to take drugs then thats up to him hes just stupid trying to get on a plane wiv it and getting caught... com on coolio get with it!!