PDA

View Full Version : youtube going to make us pay

monkeymadness
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
hello i just been told youtube is going to make us pay to watch videos i just been told and also i think this might be true cause it says the video not available in ur country

any thoughts

Tom
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
did you hear it from your friends mum whos sisters cousins boyfriends sister works as a cleaner at youtube HQ? Or is there a valid site saying it on the net?

Callum
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Old news mate. I haven't heard anything about them making people pay, doubt they'd do that. Your banner is a bit blunt.

Lauren
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
No you don't have to pay, they're just not available.

It's cos everytime we watch a video on YT, they have to pay the record company rights to host. The RIAA and other organisations have hiked up the prices so it's simply not viable for YouTube to be able to afford it, so they've just cut availability.

Not their fault.

Matt
Well, there's the whole saga with the music videos which means nobody in the UK can watch them now.

But otherwise, I've not heard anything about them making us pay to watch stuff - and I'm sure they'd lose lots of users if they did.

30stone
Probably, since the music companies want money for their videos, as of so far they are making no money from the videos off youtube, and since they will have to, youtube will make us pay to cover it.

If thats true.

Harry!
11-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Please dont!

Fom
11-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I know this is a rumor but give it a year and I reckon it will be true. Youtube sucks, I might start going on 'Dailymotion' or something.

Lauren
11-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Fom
I know this is a rumor but give it a year and I reckon it will be true. Youtube sucks, I might start going on 'Dailymotion' or something.

It will be difficult for them to implement it.
1) 99% of countries will be getting it free.
2) They'd have to charge per view, since they only have to payout record companies with each view from this country.

I'm hoping it's a bit too difficult and lengthy for them to bring up. I mean if we're paying corporations like RIAA money for viewing their videos on a one off basis, we might as well buy them on iTunes or something and have them forever. I can't see YT going for this, but we'll see. Eek.

Fom
11-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Lauren
Originally posted by Fom

It will be difficult for them to implement it.
1) 99% of countries will be getting it free.
2) They'd have to charge per view, since they only have to payout record companies with each view from this country.

I'm hoping it's a bit too difficult and lengthy for them to bring up. I mean if we're paying corporations like RIAA money for viewing their videos on a one off basis, we might as well buy them on iTunes or something and have them forever. I can't see YT going for this, but we'll see. Eek.

Maybe not get everyone paying but I can see youtube bringing in 'Gold Memberships' or something, they will lower the length of videos you can have, and too get above 6 mins of video you have to sign up to their annual fair. And there will be extra videos for people who pay.
Happens everywhere these days.

Lauren
11-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Good point Fom. Would end up just becoming another of the thousand video hosting sites.

arista
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Many Options are on the Table.
The PRS can solve this by not charging so much for copyright
payment of Each music video anyone clicks

Dom:D
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
:shocked:

Tom4784
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
They'll go down the sh*tter if they start charging. It won't happen.

Scarlett.
14-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I got summat to say

**** youtube, they can go and have a little bitch fit about giving artists what they deserve, if I want to watch a music vid, I'll go to the artists website

:)

MarkWaldorf
14-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Yahoo music ftw
Actually counts towards the charts as well.

arista
14-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Chewy
I got summat to say

**** youtube, they can go and have a little bitch fit about giving artists what they deserve, if I want to watch a music vid, I'll go to the artists website

Chewy
you are clever.

It is PRS who put the Price up so high,
not YouTube.

Example say PRS do your Electric Bill
from £130 a month.
Then they say its is going up to £2,130 a month.

It is not Viable
they would be out of pocket on ever Artist Video
each time it was clicked.

They are still in talks
If Google/YouTube want to be stupid
and never get many on it
they could charge per video.

But they are not wanting to do pay as you go
on You Tube it would kill it.
This is only a UK problem.

PRS are at fault here.

*mazedsalv**
14-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I soo pissed off!! Is there any other site we can listen to music with?? :cloud:

Harry!
14-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
I soo p****d off!! Is there any other site we can listen to music with?? :cloud:

Dailymotion, Mega video.

*mazedsalv**
14-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Madonna
I soo p****d off!! Is there any other site we can listen to music with?? :cloud:

Dailymotion, Mega video.

Do you have to sign up to listen or is it just like Youtube?

Harry!
14-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Madonna

Dailymotion, Mega video.

Do you have to sign up to listen or is it just like Youtube?

No membership is needed to watch a video but if you want to put videos on the website then membership IS needed.

xDramatick
14-03-2009, 11:23 AM

imeem?

I'm don't really care tbh, I never really use youtube. If I wanna hear music, I have my itunes/ipod for that.

Scarlett.
14-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by arista
Originally posted by Chewy
I got summat to say

Chewy
you are clever.

It is PRS who put the Price up so high,
not YouTube.

Example say PRS do your Electric Bill
from £130 a month.
Then they say its is going up to £2,130 a month.

It is not Viable
they would be out of pocket on ever Artist Video
each time it was clicked.

They are still in talks
If Google/YouTube want to be stupid
and never get many on it
they could charge per video.

But they are not wanting to do pay as you go
on You Tube it would kill it.
This is only a UK problem.

PRS are at fault here.

Its both sides really, I mean PRS are being fools asking for such a high but apparently Youtube are wanting the license for less than it was before.

Everyone is loosing out with this, artists main way of advertising in the UK has gone back to the late 20th Centary way of using the music channels

People cant watch their favourite music videos (and with the risk of this spreading to MySpace, it'd be worse)

and last but not least, Youtube will not be getting as many views as millions watch music videos on youtube, and with the videos blocked...

Harry!
14-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Yey the most watched video on YouTube is BLOCKED!!!!