PDA

View Full Version : Davina 'to get BB pay Cut'

Sod_James
11-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Davina McCall is one of a number of Channel 4 staff that will have a pay cut in 2009, it has emerged.

In the ongoing economic recession, the broadcaster is looking to reduce costs and lower its wage bill.

McCall is believed to earn £500,000 for each series of Big Brother but this is expected to fall to £400,000 for 2009, The Mirror reports.

Other stars in line for reduced pay this year include Alan Carr and Gordon Ramsay, The Sun suggests.

Director of TV Kevin Lygo will have his own salary reduced from £772,000 to £575,000 while chief executive Andy Duncan's wages will drop from £895,000 to £600,000.

Lygo said: "I can't ask a producer or a performer to take a pay cut if I'm not prepared to do the same."

Dom:D
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Awwww!:bored:

Red Moon
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Well I guess with falling incomes for the programme makers it's not surprising she has had to take a pay cut.

It's a shame some footballers don't do the same thing to help reduce the cost of a ticket to a premiership game.

[25,000]

Harry!
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Awww poor Davina.

Tom
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm sure she'll get over it

BigOz
11-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope she won't get affected by it.

as in do worse performance, I hope she understands why.

Brekkie
11-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Course she bloody does. Indeed if that report is accurate, she's on a lot less than was rumoured anyway - most previous reports had her salary as around the million mark.

As always around this time of year I'm in two minds about Davina. If, as looks likely, the show is to end within the next couple of years of course I'd like Davina to be there until the bitter end - yet I feel for it to have any chance of continuing beyond that the show has got to move on, and for that to happen they'd perhaps need to do a Carol Vorderman on Davina and make it a 90% pay cut so she is forced to quit.

Tom
11-03-2009, 08:05 PM
... except it will fail because the producers can't be arsed to look for replacements when it comes to Big Brother. It has a very bad track record, and a new host didn't exactly help down under either

user12975
11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Gd man lygo, they just need a difference to the next show,,, which hopefully they are competant to do... but my confidence in this is subject to their optimism into action

MrGaryy
12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Tom
... except it will fail because the producers can't be arsed to look for replacements when it comes to Big Brother. It has a very bad track record, and a new host didn't exactly help down under either

Did u watch BBAU? If not then you really should not use Kyle and Jackie as an example as they had practically nothing to do with the cancellation. There was nothing that show could do to pick u[ ratings, BB7/6 had totally killed it.

Locke.
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
She is only on 1 show per week, and that is only for a few minutes. And she is not exactly good at what she does either. They should get someone else to take her place for a price much, much lower.

user12975
12-03-2009, 02:04 AM
obiously better than u because ur not presenting it??

Locke.
12-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ***********
obiously better than u because ur not presenting it??

That is where you are mistaken, ***********, because I am. Well, I'm presenting BBLB, anyway. I am George Lamb. I like to use this site to keep in touch with my fans, and to see the feedback I get from the show.

Tom
12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Gazbo
Originally posted by Tom

Did u watch BBAU? If not then you really should not use Kyle and Jackie as an example as they had practically nothing to do with the cancellation. There was nothing that show could do to pick u[ ratings, BB7/6 had totally killed it.

I heard the Australians never took to them on BB and wanted Gretel back

user12975
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
who da hell is George Lamb? bblb gives lil updates to a major show... big brother. If you were better, i suppose u would have replaced her already? Davina would attract more audiences, as studies have shown, people can relate with a female more than a male. Therefore the audience is broader. Perhaps he pay could be decreased further as that is a large amount of money that anybody needs anyway, but its what they offer her, and if you were offered that, would you take it or not?

user12975
12-03-2009, 04:04 PM
oh sorry, george lamb, i see, had too google tho x

letmein
21-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Couldn't they just cut her out of the show altogether?

Spike
21-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I thought she was earning more than the figure claimed there
but I would just sack Davina now if they really want to revamp the show this year. I was a big supporter of Davina before BB9 but she was just a rubbish presenter for BB9 and I think she is figure if got rid of would create alot of press attention and would really show change for Big Brother

user12975
21-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I reckon davinas mint,,, tattoo on her bum, nearly lost her dignity on comic relief when she went to the ground hahahah :P but the point is, that 5 mins shes on for... she kiks ass ahhah :P literally. Appeals to more people, her cheeky smile makes me think woowww and shes mint person to have a convo with by the looks of it... and if that was george lamb above, reply.