PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever come across that loads of people are against Gay people?

officialleafan
12-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Just wanted to know, i'm not actually gay myself, although i do find some men attractive in certain ways but i have loads of gay mates, and the flack they get from some other people is shocking. I know a lot of people will say "It's free will etc", but do people really thing this? Today a friend of mine was at college and three lads just insulted him, like really bad for no reason at all. I'll not say what they said, but it really was nasty. You can understand why a lot of Gay guys keep it in the closet, because it seems to me that the majority of the UK are actually against it for some reason, well, most of the men/lads are anyway. What do you think?

Ninastar
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree. It pisses me off. One of my friends get horrible things done to him because the boys think hes gay. They don't even know if he is or not !! :mad:

MrGaryy
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
LMAO. Have you just noticed. I know that for me and most other gays/bi they will have been victims of homophobia and will continue to be for a very long time.

officialleafan
12-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninabitch
I agree. It p****s me off. One of my friends get horrible things done to him because the boys think hes gay. They don't even know if he is or not !! :mad:

Thank god someone see's what i mean lol. It's shocking at times what they say, and all this "i've nothing against it" is rubbish, obviously people do have something against it because they pull people down with it. :sad: I always feel so sorry for them at times.

officialleafan
12-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gazbo
LMAO. Have you just noticed. I know that for me and most other gays/bi they will have been victims of homophobia and will continue to be for a very long time.

But if you were female and a lesbian, guys would think that's cool. Can't get my head around it lol

MrGaryy
12-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by officialleafan
Originally posted by Gazbo

But if you were female and a lesbian, guys would think that's cool. Can't get my head around it lol

That's a very incorrect stereotype that has been potrayed by movies and what not. I know very few males that would get turned on or accept as normal to see two lesbians together. And girls certainly to not accept it.

Shaun
12-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Torquay's pretty gay-friendly. Our Mayor is gay and he wants to rename Torbay "Torgay". I'd hate that personally, but it's not as bad as our MP's idea of "Torbados".

Ugh. Liberals.

Anyway - I'm in a group of friends who are mostly bi/gay (there's only one guy out of 6 who's never done anything with a guy, and is straight haha). I don't think we've encountered much homophobia...the only incident I heard about was one of my friends being called a "**** ****" (he's from Sri Lanka and was adopted).

Closed minds aren't worth the effort.