PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Issues

Conzors
16-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello.

I was going to post some contraversial issues that i thought of today, and my opinions on them.

The main issue is about christanity. Now legally i am a christian, but i do not go to church, but have you ever wondered that when christians pray, they pray to the sky which is above them, now people on the south of the equator, are praying towards the sky, but the earth is round and tilted, so they are actually praying down, does this mean that God also controls Hell? and hell is down?.

Another issue i have come across is homosexuality. As im gay i am very strong about this topic. But for all those christians out there who hate homosexuals because the bible says so, is actually wrong. God says 'come as who you are', and God welcomes people into a religious community he says that very quote, so why not welcome homosexuals into a religious environment when they are coming as who they really are. Also just touching on this issue, God gave us the choice of free will, and the choice to make your own decsions, all God gave us was the skin bones and the organs, we choose who we are as a person, and God may not agree with it, but he will go along with it, as you chose to do it yourself. So why cant many christinas accept that fact?

So thats my controversial issues for the day.

Feel free to pick me up on anything you disagree with hehe. I love debates, :).

xx

MrGaryy
16-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Conor the downwards you speak of refers to underground. the up direction is to the sky.

oh and legally a christian - LMAO.

andyman
16-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Dam them illegal christians!

GhettoSuperstar
16-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Religion is false and fake as plastic boobs. Thats my 'controversial issue'.

andyman
16-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSuperstar
Religion is false and fake as plastic boobs. Thats my 'controversial issue'. But is the way of life false? Religion is more than going to church and praying to god..

DamonJ
16-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Conzors
So why cant many christinas accept that fact?

IKR!
Christina is an effing bitch.

30stone
16-03-2009, 04:18 PM
now people on the south of the equator, are praying towards the sky, but the earth is round and tilted, so they are actually praying down, does this mean that God also controls Hell? and hell is down?.

As you see the world people would still be looking upward.

Any where in the world that you look up you are looking at the sky and out to space your never looking toward the earth?

How are they praying down? they are praying outward.

andyman
16-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Could be them illegal christians that are praying down.

Tom
16-03-2009, 04:26 PM
We'd be praying outwards then, we aren't at the top

GhettoSuperstar
16-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by andyman
Religion is false and fake as plastic boobs. Thats my 'controversial issue'. But is the way of life false? Religion is more than going to church and praying to god..

God doesn't exist. And your post really doesn't make sense. God is made up, religion subjects to believe certain things in life made by this someone called 'God' and yet not believe in other things. It's a whole lot of craap.

Tom
16-03-2009, 04:37 PM

God doesn't exist. And your post really doesn't make sense. God is made up, religion subjects to believe certain things in life made by this someone called 'God' and yet not believe in other things. It's a whole lot of craap.

The point he's making is about laws and stuff, like literally all of the legal laws are biblical laws too because they come from the bible

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Message original : Conzors

The main issue is about christanity. Now legally i am a christian, but i do not go to church, but have you ever wondered that when christians pray, they pray to the sky which is above them, now people on the south of the equator, are praying towards the sky, but the earth is round and tilted, so they are actually praying down, does this mean that God also controls Hell? and hell is down?.

You do realize you sound like a crazy boy right ? This doesn't mean anything lol
Sky is the same for everyone so no one is praying hell ?

Jen
16-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Robin-Van-Perfect
now people on the south of the equator, are praying towards the sky, but the earth is round and tilted, so they are actually praying down, does this mean that God also controls Hell? and hell is down?.

Any where in the world that you look up you are looking at the sky and out to space your never looking toward the earth?

ILY.

Also, stating that God isn't real as a fact is highly insulting to people who do dedicate their time to religion.

30stone
16-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LEEZIDJ

ILY.

Also, stating that God isn't real as a fact is highly insulting to people who do dedicate their time to religion.

:lovedup:

And yes it would insult them.

andyman
16-03-2009, 04:44 PM

God doesn't exist. And your post really doesn't make sense. God is made up, religion subjects to believe certain things in life made by this someone called 'God' and yet not believe in other things. It's a whole lot of craap. Lifestyle??? Hmmmm you don't know much about religion do you, best you stick with your pop music bands look at me i am so fresh!

If you did have a clue then that post you made would not contain such invalid tripe. As i wrote, lifestyle, help others in need, not to be Selfish!! Of course we don't need religion to be good people but that is the point with religion, to be a good person, lifestyle!

arista
16-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Conor you do not need the Fable of God.

There is No God.

You should Enjoy your Life.
These Bible Freaks will Wreck your life.

Sign Of The Times.

arista
16-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Religion is false and fake as plastic boobs. Thats my 'controversial issue'.

Bang On Right
GS.

30stone
Originally posted by arista

There is No God.

Sign Of The Times.

Thats insulting a lot of people.
:nono:

Captain.Remy
Message original : LEEZIDJ

I see what you're saying but I respect their belief as much as they respect mine. They have the right not to trust in anything.
However, some are being harsh about it and try to put it as a fact. That does annoy me because if there's no proof of any God to them, there are proofs there is one so it works both ways.
But I'm not getting in that argument.

Everyone trust in what they want to and it's all fine as long as we respect each other.

arista
16-03-2009, 04:48 PM

There is No God.

Sign Of The Times.

No it ain't.
There is No God

And French kids get no choice it is Drummed into them
about the Fable God crap.

30stone
16-03-2009, 04:50 PM

There is No God.

Sign Of The Times.

No it ain't.
There is No God

about the Fable God c**p.

Its still insulting the people who do believe.

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Message original : arista

No it ain't.
There is No God

Can you at least respect people who trust in God ?

And why French kids ? We don't do anything special and not all of us are Christians so before spreading ****, get your facts straight.

arista
16-03-2009, 04:51 PM

There is No God.

Sign Of The Times.

No it ain't.
There is No God

Its still insulting the people who do believe.

I am not Banging it like a Fake Bible
on their heads.

This is a Debate
what are you a Vicar?

Mark
16-03-2009, 04:51 PM

insulting because as we come closer every day to knowing about where the universe began and attempt to uncover lifes mysteries through our knowledge and use of science, religious people don't want to face the harsh reality that they've been living a lie their whole life? :whistle:

:love:

arista
16-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Captain.Remy

No it ain't.
There is No God

Can you at least respect people who trust in God ?

And why French kids ? We don't do anything special and not all of us are Christians so before spreading ****, get your facts straight.

Because sadly I have been in France and seen it.

If you have a view on God
What I write should not be a Problem.

Freedom Of Choice Nato Capt Remy

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Message original : Mark

insulting because as we come closer every day to knowing about where the universe began and attempt to uncover lifes mysteries through our knowledge and use of science, religious people don't want to face the harsh reality that they've been living a lie their whole life? :whistle:

So what ? It helps people who are going through hard times.
But Science and Religion have always been rivals about this point.

arista
16-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Capt Remy
Hard Times do not need a Fake God.

Freedom Of Choice in the UK.

Shaun
16-03-2009, 04:56 PM
[/i]Edited by Mark. No need for this.[/i]

Mark
16-03-2009, 04:57 PM
It helps people who are going through hard times by giving them hope... false hope.

Some may argue that false hope is better than no hope at all, but each to their own :flower:

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Because sadly I have been in France and seen it.

If you have a view on God
What I write should not be a Problem.

Freedom Of Choice Nato Capt Remy

Oh yeah so you think you know more about it than me, who's been living here for the past 20 years ? Right.

And there are Integrists like everywhere. France is a free religion country for a very long time. The Government doesn't have any link with religion and doesn't sponsor it. We don't teach religion at school unlike a certain country (begins by Great and finishes by Britain).
There are Catholic, Muslims and Jewish school but they are very expensive and private also.

andyman
16-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Mark

:love: True! Science is about the truth and understanding why.. But religious peeps are about a good lifestyle like helping ma nanna cross the road..

:bigsmile:

arista
16-03-2009, 04:59 PM
It helps people who are going through hard times by giving them hope... false hope.

Some may argue that false hope is better than no hope at all, but each to their own :flower:

Mark is most Wise.

GhettoSuperstar
16-03-2009, 05:00 PM

God doesn't exist. And your post really doesn't make sense. God is made up, religion subjects to believe certain things in life made by this someone called 'God' and yet not believe in other things. It's a whole lot of craap. Lifestyle??? Hmmmm you don't know much about religion do you, best you stick with your pop music bands look at me i am so fresh!

If you did have a clue then that post you made would not contain such invalid tripe. As i wrote, lifestyle, help others in need, not to be Selfish!! Of course we don't need religion to be good people but that is the point with religion, to be a good person, lifestyle!

Sorry you are getting so angry because god doesn't exist. Move on. It's not like you're going meet him on the street.

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Freedom Of Choice in the UK.

Read that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La%C3%AFcit%C3%A9

:rolleyes:

It's fine, people make mistakes sometimes.

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Message original : GhettoSuperstar

Sorry you are getting so angry because god doesn't exist. Move on. It's not like you're going meet him on the street.

We don't expect to meet him on the street. You don't have proofs it doesn't exists as much as we don't have any.
It works both ways. :wink:

arista
16-03-2009, 05:03 PM

That is so commen sense
you are very correct , again
GS.

Tom
16-03-2009, 05:09 PM

If it even did begin ... though we can't actually process that thought

GhettoSuperstar
16-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I also believe that immigration is good. Whats wrong with people sharing a piece of land. Get over the whole Polish thing.

Mark
16-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Right, but the amount of research, number crunching and work going into seeing if there was a start point and how it probably came about is a lot more credible than "God created the universe. He did it in 6 days. Moving on..." :dog:

LemonJam
16-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Although I'm unsure that God exists, I think that in general the bible teaches some good messages; love one another, do not murder etc etc, so I would never class it as worthless jargon.

andyman
16-03-2009, 05:13 PM

Sorry you are getting so angry because god doesn't exist. Move on. It's not like you're going meet him on the street. Hahahahaha! I never wrote that god is real, but you keep bringing "god" into this. My point is that those who follow religion also live the lifestyle as good christians, if people want to help others and not be selfish than whats wrong with that? I dont give a flying fek about a "god" but the christians i know are nice people that help others. As for a "god", nope as i follow science but it's funny we all enjoy christmas and easter!

Shaun
16-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Mmkay, edit my post because I use a swear word. But allow continual xenophobia and ignorance of peoples' beliefs to carry on.

GhettoSuperstar
16-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Sorry you are getting so angry because god doesn't exist. Move on. It's not like you're going meet him on the street. Hahahahaha! I never wrote that god is real, but you keep bringing "god" into this. My point is that those who follow religion also live the lifestyle as good christians, if people want to help others and not be selfish than whats wrong with that? I dont give a flying fek about a "god" but the christians i know are nice people that help others. As for a "god", nope as i follow science but it's funny we all enjoy christmas and easter!

I'm a nice person who helps others, but I know god is not for real. Might aswell use Christmas to its full advantage then eh, without the baggage.

No but wait, I do believe that the angel rolled the stone away from da cave at easturrr.

Mark
16-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by LemonJam
Although I'm unsure that God exists, I think that in general the bible teaches some good messages; love one another, do not murder etc etc, so I would never class it as worthless jargon.

Why do these messages have to come from the bible though? These 'good messages' are things any decent person would abide by in principal in their life, whether they are religious or not :cat:

Captain.Remy
16-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Right, but the amount of research, number crunching and work going into seeing if there was a start point and how it probably came about is a lot more credible than "God created the universe. He did it in 6 days. Moving on..." :dog:

There are some parts I don't believe in like the making of the Universe or some other things, but it's a part of a whole but not everyone believes in everything it's being said in the Bible.

andyman
16-03-2009, 05:22 PM

I'm a nice person who helps others, but I know god is not for real. Might aswell use Christmas to its full advantage then eh, without the baggage.

No but wait, I do believe that the angel rolled the stone away from da cave at easturrr. Thats true, we don't need god to be nice people.

LemonJam
16-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Why do these messages have to come from the bible though? These 'good messages' are things any decent person would abide by in principal in their life, whether they are religious or not :cat:

I suppose, but when you look at most Christian people, they're very good people who set a good example.

Z
16-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't believe in God; I feel the "well he's never been proven to exist/not exist" argument is stupid logic - I feel that God, if He was real, would manifest in some obvious way to us, right now, because so many people do not believe in God anymore. Surely there are not thousands of different Gods out there; in the expectation that if the Christian God exists, then surely all other Gods exist too. Unless there is a double standards thing going on whereby the Christian God MUST exist, and the rest don't - in which case, I think most other points by people who argue God is real are moot.

I think religion though, as a concept, is quite a bad influence, in the sense that it can produce total nut cases who justify their crazy actions by their interpretation of a religious message. On the other hand, the majority of Christians (for example) live a perfectly normal lifestyle, and I respect people who regularly go to church - they have far more commitment to church than I ever will to anything in my life! I agree with the point that somebody made that the moral teachings in the Bible are things that most people would logically obey anyway, without them being dictated in the Bible, but I believe that the Bible was written by a bunch of well meaning entrepreneurs long ago, people who probably took a bunch of commonly accepted values and published them in book form. An ancient how to do manual, if you will. So in that sense, I think the Bible will always be a good measure of how morally good you are as a person, but beyond that, I think it's a load of rubbish.

Conzors
16-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow. This had a lot more replys than i thought.

What do you lot think about my second opinion. thats the one i meant the most.

Also sorry if i did offend anyone. :(

Tom
16-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Thats only because our laws come from the bible so we're obviously going to follow them, and through those laws we learn things like murder is wrong, respect people, don't steal etc. If the bible was never made, then those laws might not have been, so we might have learned the opposite that its fine to do all of those things. And before you say we'd just know that its wrong, look at other religions and cultures where things like honour killings are perfectly fine. They dont "just know" how to live a morally good life, and to them that is good.