PDA

View Full Version : Women banned from watching Zenith St pettersburg

Novo
16-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Zenit St. Petersburg have created controversy by announcing that they will no longer grant season tickets to women.

The remarkable development came about after a meeting of the club's fan council, who came to the conclusion that female patrons were distracting their fellow match-goers simply by turning up at the Petrovsky Stadium.

One male supporter was quoted as saying, "I can’t jump around and swear when members of the beautiful sex are next to me."

Zenit have reluctantly confirmed this change in policy, although they seem quite eager to sweep the whole affair under the rug.

"Young women were excluded, but not all of them," spokesperson Ruslan Dryuma said in the Russian newspaper Gorod 812.

"We have made the decision that we are not discussing this subject with the press."

Such an openly sexist stance will severly tarnish the reputation of a club who are, according to their official website, actively attempting to weed out the racism and discrimination that has plagued them for so long.

Mike McGuire, Goal.com

http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/member_photos/group1/subgrp162/zenit-racist-fan-wea_74559.jpg

andyman
16-03-2009, 10:28 PM
They could let the ugly women in, then again every hole's a goal :thumbs:..

Yeah it's for the best then that way after the game the men will have a nice hot meal to come home to. :bigsmile:

Lauren
16-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Aww, the Zenit fans seemed well nice when I met them all in Manchester for UEFA 08.

Twilight
16-03-2009, 10:50 PM
they are sexist:devil:

andyman
16-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
Aww, the Zenit fans seemed well nice when I met them all in Manchester for UEFA 08. Did you trash Manchester after the game? :bigsmile:

Lauren
16-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by andyman
Aww, the Zenit fans seemed well nice when I met them all in Manchester for UEFA 08. Did you trash Manchester after the game? :bigsmile:

No, I slept rough in the train station nursing my injuries LOL. Didn't have a hotel for the night and there were no trains North after 5pm.

Wildcat!
16-03-2009, 11:03 PM
On college campuses in the states, we went to the gaames for the girls a lot of the times. The crowd is pretty much 50/50 there. NO to mention the cheerleaders. What a stupid idea that is! But then again its a different culture. MAybe they cant be themselves around women.

KKBL
16-03-2009, 11:07 PM
if the players feel more comfortable playing without females in the crowd then fair enough,but if they're actually going to restrict tickets to men then thats absoloutely redicolous.

andyman
16-03-2009, 11:08 PM

No, I slept rough in the train station nursing my injuries LOL. Didn't have a hotel for the night and there were no trains North after 5pm. Awww, and to top it off your team played pants!

Lauren
16-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Awww, and to top it off your team played pants!

S'okay, I didn't see the ****er, the screens broke.

I did however enjoy a frivolous night of watching 10,000+ Glaswegian men vomiting whilst feeling somewhat in the minority. I was the only female in the whole train station from about 7pm onwards... which was creepy when I needed the toilets.

andyman
16-03-2009, 11:16 PM

S'okay, I didn't see the *****r, the screens broke.

I did however enjoy a frivolous night of watching 10,000+ Glaswegian men vomiting whilst feeling somewhat in the minority. I was the only female in the whole train station from about 7pm onwards... which was creepy when I needed the toilets. Brave gal, then again at least you was there... Could be years until the next european final.

Sticks
17-03-2009, 04:53 AM
This is how it used to be with the Olympics, only men could attend

They also competed naked

But that was ancient Greece

Tom
17-03-2009, 10:17 AM

S'okay, I didn't see the *****r, the screens broke.

I did however enjoy a frivolous night of watching 10,000+ Glaswegian men vomiting whilst feeling somewhat in the minority. I was the only female in the whole train station from about 7pm onwards... which was creepy when I needed the toilets.

At least you was actually there to get injuries or whatever and didn't just go for a night out and get in the way and end up with your arm shredded :bawling::pat:

I'm getting de ja vu now Lauren :wink::tongue:

Lauren
17-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Tom

At least you was actually there to get injuries or whatever

Ey, I went to watch football on a big screen. I'm only little, I didn't enjoy getting battered :sad:

Edit: OH and I had to go into a lesbian bar for a toilet. Sympathise with me Tom!

30stone
17-03-2009, 10:23 AM
They have become useless recently Since Arshavin has come to Arsenal and played amazing.

They lose their best player, losing games and now probably losing fans.

Tom
17-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tom

At least you was actually there to get injuries or whatever

Ey, I went to watch football on a big screen. I'm only little, I didn't enjoy getting battered :sad:

Edit: OH and I had to go into a lesbian bar for a toilet. Sympathise with me Tom!

lmao is that the time when the creepy lesbian who lived in a cupboard next to the toilet door followed you into the toilet? 'fraid I can't sympathise with you on that one :laugh3:

Lauren
17-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes, that's that time. I must have chose the creepiest bar in the whole of canal street,

lily.
17-03-2009, 12:20 PM
They could let the ugly women in, then again every hole's a goal :thumbs:..

Yeah it's for the best then that way after the game the men will have a nice hot meal to come home to. :bigsmile:

That post made me laugh..

arista
17-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Twilight
they are sexist:devil:

And they get away with it.

Novo
17-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Robin-Van-Perfect
They have become useless recently Since Arshavin has come to Arsenal and played amazing.

They lose their best player, losing games and now probably losing fans.

No they probbaly get more fans now Zenith is one of the racist citys in the world