PDA

View Full Version : Germaine Has Left The House

Amy
11-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Germaine Greer has decided that she no longer wishes to remain in the Big Brother House, after four days.

Today at midday, she went to the Diary Room and asked Big Brother to return her suitcase, so she could pack her belongings.

Speaking to her fellow housemates in the bedroom as she packed, Germaine said:

"I'm leaving over specific issues, but best for everyone if I don't discuss them. I have a problem with decisions, I make them fast and when I make them, I stick to them."

Germaine left the Big Brother House at 12.45pm today.

article Official BB Website (http://bigbrother.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=121)

BusyBee
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
What a surprise - wonder what the specific issues were - perhaps we will hear what she said in the diary room. Perhaps she didnt like the arrival of Jacky. Shame she's gone I quite liked her.

Amy
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
I liked her too Busybee! Perhaps she got bored of John and jackie was the final straw?

BigSister
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
aww noooooooooo i liked her

siriuslives
11-01-2005, 02:19 PM
that's a shame! I could have imagined her starting a fight or something. Would have made good viewing :P

Dan_
11-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Never saw that coming. I think that Jackie put her nose out of joint, she was like your nan.

JC
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I thought she was going to win it to be honest.

Amy
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
GERMAINE GREER EXITS BIG BROTHER

Germaine Greer decided to leave the Big Brother house today. Prior to her departure she visited the Diary Room on two occasions this morning to explain her decision to Big Brother. Germaine said;

"I don't consider myself a housemate anymore, I'm leaving. I don't need the money badly enough, the rainforest will be fine - I'll save it in other ways.

I was a little naïve. I didn't realise agendas. Caprice is here to raise awareness of her lingerie. Brigitte is a professional reality TV person. Kenzie wants to raise the profile of his band. John probably needs the money. I had no idea who would be in here and it's wrong for me to present myself in the same context as they are. I'm 65 and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I've made a mistake, it's called cutting your losses."

She received her suitcase at midday and began packing immediately.

Entering the bedroom she announced to the other housemates, "Sorry everyone, but I've got a suitcase to pack. I'm going."

Jackie's pleas for her to stay fell on deaf ears and while the other stunned housemates questioned her decision she was resolute, "I'm leaving over specific issues, but best for everyone if I don't discuss them. I have a problem with decisions, I make them fast and when I make them, I stick to them."

Bez was the first to offer Germaine an affectionate hug, soon followed by Kenzie who again asked for her reasons. "It's quitting time - that's all you need to know." She replied.

Germaine left via the Diary Room at 12.45pm.

rachb
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
This is such a shame I really liked Germaine and thought she seemed to be handling everyone really well:shocked:

Amy
11-01-2005, 04:57 PM
UPDATE: Celebrity Big Brother's Little Brother - Tonight (Tuesday 11 January) at 11.05pm,
Following Germaine's exit from the Celebrity Big Brother house, Davina McCall interviews her to find out why she chose to leave. Dermot also looks at the effect her exit has had on the rest of the housemates

AngelStar
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Well that's a shame, I thought she was a great HM. She made me laugh the first time I heard her swear. You just don't expect it from a lady like Germaine.

I wonder if they will get someone in to replace her.

Amy
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Tuesday 11 January 2005

GERMAINE GREER TALKS EXCLUSIVELY TO DAVINA McCALL FOLLOWING HER SURPRISE EXIT

Celebrity Big Brother's Little Brother, tx. Tuesday 11 January at 11.05pm

Celebrity housemate Germaine Greer gives an exclusive TV interview tonight at 11.05pm on Celebrity Big Brother's Little Brother, following her departure at lunchtime today from the Big Brother house. She had been in the house for just over four days.

Talking to Davina McCall, she expanded on her feelings since leaving and the motives behind her decision.
"I feel a bit upset about it, I would rather have stuck it out and got evicted in due course...The thing that's important to me is that I manage to keep my sanity...I have to make my judgement and move on."

She told Davina that the tense situation with John was a major factor.
"It first became tricky for me when John was being taunted about the diet cola - because that's how kids behave when they're bullying other children...In this case all the housemates joined in the bullying, they didn't have to repeat what was said in the Diary Room... I just watched and I thought, 'I really don't like this'."

On John's silent treatment of the housemates, Germaine said, "John isolated himself...twice he turned his back on me." On his stubborn nature, she said, "There's no turning him round the long way round - that tank is not coming round - he's still going to have repellant views of people and repellant ways of talking to them."

Germaine admitted that the arrival of Jackie Stallone last night had unsettled her into thinking anything could happen. "Maybe that was what it was about - I didn't want to see my mother airlifted from her nursing home and dropped into the compound!"

She went on. "It was getting a bit peculiar...I certainly wasn't going to have my palm read - now that would have been degrading!"

Germaine then shared her thoughts on her former housemates:

On Brigitte - "I was concerned about her, it turns out that she is going through a very, very difficult divorce."

On Caprice - "She is very beautiful, she has the most perfectly toned body I've ever seen in my life. She has a will of iron, and nothing about her is spontaneous - not one action, not one word."

On John - "I do think there's something odd about him." When Davina tells Germaine how much John liked her, she says it was for all the wrong reasons: "Because I did the housework!"

On Kenzie - "He's adorable! First of all he's intensely creative, he's aware of everyone, he never blanks anyone - you can talk to him about anything. He's completely uncalculating and he's there for a good reason."

On Bez - "Bez is a walking miracle - it's a wonder he can put one foot in front of the other!" But Germaine added that she loved his positive disposition. "He finds happiness in a mound of dust!"

On Jeremy - "He's gorgeous. I was a bit mean at first - I thought this guy's business is being likeable." But she admitted her opinion of him began to change today when she enjoyed beating him at caps.

On the housemate she wants to win the series, Germaine said:
"It's a faint hope, but I would like Bez to win, because he needs the money very badly, and he would make very good use of it...and I'd like Kenzie to come second."

avriljayne
11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
:shocked: I was shocked and saddened to come home from work and see that Germaine had left today.

BusyBee
12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Why of why did she enter the house in the first place. Methinks there may be a book coming out soon in respect of Reality TV and how it affects housemates etc.

Personally I didnt think that the housemates bullied John - he was being so obnoxious that he deserved everything he got. I thought on the whole they tried very hard with him and what did they get, him ignoring them, turning round and walking away! Talk about a spoilt child - if it had been me and, as he said he wasnt part of the group, then he wouldnt be - the food was the groups (so sorry John you cant have any), the beds belong to the group (so sorry John you cant sleep in the bedroom). He would soon have come round!! But then again perhaps he is hoping to do a Diet Coke advert!!!

So Germaine leaving because John was bullied - I think not. Everyone knows BB is evil so why think they would give in to him and get upset about it. Just an excuse.