PDA

View Full Version : Fathers 4 Justice try to break into Big Brother house

James
14-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Fathers' Rights Group Storms Big Brother Compound

By PA Reporter

A group of fathers’ rights protesters were arrested today after entering the Celebrity Big Brother compound.

Hertfordshire Police said about 11 members of the Fathers For Justice group broke into the compound at the Elstree Film Studios, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, at about 3am.

Security guards at the studio contacted police to report a group of men trespassing inside the compound and throwing fireworks.

At least one was wearing a now-familiar Superman outfit.

Insp Paul Lazell said three men had been arrested for breaching the peace.

About 12 officers and a police helicopter with heat-seeking equipment found the men, which Insp Lazell said was “a lot quicker than trying to round them up in the dark”.

He said police had been tipped off that the group was planning to target the house today.

Fathers For Justice founder Matt O’Connor told PA that the group was planning another raid on the house using “a form of air transport” later today.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3999392

BusyBee
14-01-2005, 11:40 AM
So glad they didnt get in and so couldnt feed their need for publicity. I feel sorry for the poor kids whose dads are behaving so badly. OK the law isnt entirely fair on fathers, but there are many out there who are having contact with their children without going to the lengths these selfish men are. Sorry kids first - dads and mums second.

Sunny_01
14-01-2005, 02:45 PM
The law may not be fair on these men but do they have to break other laws to get their point across. I really feel for men who can not see their children but these guys are just chasing the lime light.

Luv
Sunny
:wavey:

James
03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Protesting 'fathers' admit Big Brother stunt

Oct 3 2005

icWales

Men who stormed the Big Brother studios earlier this year as part of a Fathers 4 Justice protest today pleaded guilty to public order offences.

The group – set up to campaign over fathers’ access to their children after relationship break-ups – broke into the Elstree studios in January in the latest of a series of high-profile stunts to publicise their campaign.

A hearing at St Albans Magistrates Court today heard that four of the members, Andrew James, Stephen Smith, Michael Downes and Roland Primus admitted public disorder offences.

Story continues

James, 35, of Newport, Gwent, Smith, 36, of Locklease, Bristol, and 43-year-old Michael Downes, of Newhall Green, Manchester, entered their pleas today.

Primus, 44, of Lower Earley, near Reading, Berkshire, pleaded guilty on Friday.

Helena Lewer, prosecuting, told the court the four had managed to enter the private property in the early hours of Friday, January 14.

A number were carrying rucksacks containing the group’s trademark superhero outfits and various Fathers 4 Justice paraphernalia.

They were arrested after the security company working on the site told police.

In mitigation, Tim Walker, defending Downes, said his client had become involved in the group because of difficulties seeing his two children.

“He wanted to bring the plight of fathers who can’t see their children to the public eye,” said Mr Walker.

Anne Woodcock, defending Primus said: “He has been a member of this group for about two years and he fully accepts that he took park in the protest in January.

“His intention was simply to peacefully demonstrate and draw to attention the difficulties faced by fathers who have problems seeing their children.”

Defending himself, James told the court: “I just want to admit that yes, I was there. I am entering a guilty plea because I cannot afford to come back because I am paying CSA for two children who I have not seen for four-and-a-half years.”

The men will be sentenced later today.

Two other men, David Pyke, 49, of Swindon Village, Cheltenham, and Jason Hatch, 33, of Alstone Mews, Cheltenham, will stand trial in connection with the incident later today.

Charges relating to the incident were dropped against Matthaus Huber, 52, from Dagenham, Essex and Elaine Risk, of Manchester.

icwales (http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_objectid=16204573&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=protesting--fathers--admit-big-brother-stunt-name_page.html)