PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle warned against image makeover

Harry!
17-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Susan Boyle, the Scottish spinster who became a global singing sensation overnight after appearing on Britain's Got Talent, has been urged to resist a "Simon Cowell makeover".

Amanda Holden, a judge on the ITV1 talent show, warned that the 47-year-old churchgoer would be "spoiled" by being given a Hollywood-style new look.

Miss Boyle, from Blackburn, West Lothian, left judges almost speechless with her rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables shown last week.

Since then about 20 million people have watched clips of her performance on the internet.

She has also sung on several US television programmes by satellite link-up and has been invited to appear with Oprah Winfrey.

Admirers include Demi Moore, the Hollywood star, and her husband, Ashton Kutcher, who praised Miss Boyle on the microblogging site Twitter.

But Miss Holden warned against allowing image makers to change her plain style.

She suggested that her fellow judge Simon Cowell wanted to give Miss Boyle a Hollywood makeover complete with whitened teeth and a new hairstyle.

"I won't let Simon Cowell take her to his dentist and I certainly won't let her near his hairdresser," she told the Daily Mirror.

"She needs to stay exactly as she is because that's the reason we love her.

"She just looks like anybody who could live on your street.

"The minute we turn her into a glamourpuss is when it's spoilt.

"That can perhaps come later when she has signed the album deal and conquered America.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5169328/Britains-Got-Talent-sensation-Susan-Boyle-warned-against-image-makeover.html

Fom
17-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree, she won't win if they do the make over now, he needs to do the makeover after she has won.

ange7
17-04-2009, 09:16 AM
no she shouldn't have a make over at all. The reason people are attracted to this story is because it's a case of "don't judge a book by it's cover". People love this story not because she can sing beautifully but because she's pain and ordinary AND can sing beautifully. People see themselves in her ( careful!)...ie they too think they have been over looked and left on the shelf and seeing Susan Boyle make gives them hope that not everything is always judged so superficially. Giving her a makeover will kill the whole thing.
Having said that... she needs a ******ing makeover :P

xDramatick
17-04-2009, 09:17 AM
No.. don't give her a makeover!!

Zac
17-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Ugh, no! She dosen't need a makeover.
Maybe after the show's finished.

LemonJam
17-04-2009, 10:21 AM
With a makeover, she'd lose the whole shock factor which is tbh a large part of her act.

andyman
17-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by LemonJam
With a makeover, she'd lose the whole shock factor which is tbh a large part of her act. So your saying she can't sing?

LemonJam
17-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by andyman
With a makeover, she'd lose the whole shock factor which is tbh a large part of her act. So your saying she can't sing?

No, she can sing very well, but the fact that it was such a shock adds to people wanting to vote for her to win.

andyman
17-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by andyman

No, she can sing very well, but the fact that it was such a shock adds to people wanting to vote for her to win. True it was a shock, but apart from that she could sell albums around the world, BGT right now is holding her back! She does not need to win the show.

Red Moon
17-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I think it is the surprise factor.

The fact she is not the most beautiful person in the world and then when she sings she is like a nightingale is gimmick that could help her win the show.

Without her looks she is just another singer.

Annie
18-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah I seen Amanda say that on the ITV news the other day, I dont think she should change as she is famous now from what she was like in her audition.