PDA

View Full Version : Viewers back Shaheen for title

Harry!
20-04-2009, 06:00 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/my/yplus/csp_pcm_bt_dsl/cms1.my.sp1.yahoo.com/uploads/apr2009/shaheen_presas_200.jpg

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090420/ten-viewers-back-shaheen-for-title-5f8abb3.html

Britain's Got Talent singer Shaheen Jafargholi is rivalling Susan Boyle as a potential winner after a flurry of bets, bookies have said.

The 12-year-old, who staked his claim to the crown with a rendition of the Motown classic Who's Loving You, sung by The Jackson Five among others, has been put at 3/1, from 7/2 by Ladbrokes.

His seemingly unstoppable Scottish rival, who has been the red-hot favourite to walk away with the television programme's £100,000 prize and sing for the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance, is out to 4/9, from 2/5.

Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg, said: "We'd resigned ourselves to this year's series being a one-horse race. But Shaheen has changed all of that and punters can't get enough of him.

"He's been backed to the hilt, especially in Wales, and if it continues Susan's favouritism could come under threat."

In the second episode of this year's contest, shown over the weekend, judge Simon Cowell dramatically halted the Swansea youngster mid-audition as he sang a version of the song Valerie, which was a hit for the Zutons and Amy Winehouse.

The youngster responded by belting out his version of Who's Loving You, to the delight of the crowd and judges.

Cowell told him: "This may be the start of something special for you young man."

Responding to suggestions that the scene appeared to have been set up, Shaheen was quoted in the Daily Mirror saying: "I was told to bring a second choice with me so I had practised both songs really hard."

Hollywood actress Demi Moore, who has already heaped praise on Susan, enthused about Shaheen on Twitter, saying: "Wow this kid is something else!"

*mazedsalv**
20-04-2009, 06:02 PM
i want someone different win this year, even though the majority of good acts are singers and dancers, someone different should win.

beanny
20-04-2009, 06:08 PM
He was amazing. He actually gave me shivers.

30stone
20-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I still think theres a good chance neither will win.

They are both great but they both have somthing funny about them that i just dont see them winning.

andyman
20-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Shaheen is a vile lil brat, him winning is like hitler winning the loto! NO!!!

Tom4784
20-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Nah, I'm willing to bet Susan's gonna win, the others can just hope to make a big impression.