PDA

View Full Version : Cowell: I May Launch X-Factor In US.

xDramatick
23-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Simon Cowell has hinted that he may launch a US version of The X Factor.

According to The Sun, the music mogul is considering introducing the reality show as a replacement for American Idol when his contract with Fox expires at the end of the current eighth season.

"The idea that for the next five years, I'd be doing exactly what I've been doing for the past five years... the thought is just too depressing," he is quoted as saying.

"We have to bring in another music show. In the UK, there is more than one type running throughout the year and I think the same thing could happen [in the US], because for the fall, nothing really happens.

"It's something we've been thinking about. Maybe it will be X Factor. Maybe it will be something new."

Earlier this month, Cowell played down rumours that he is planning to quit American Idol after revealing that he is beginning to struggle with his hefty workload.

Simon Cowell has hinted that he may launch a US version of The X Factor.

According to The Sun, the music mogul is considering introducing the reality show as a replacement for American Idol when his contract with Fox expires at the end of the current eighth season.

"The idea that for the next five years, I'd be doing exactly what I've been doing for the past five years... the thought is just too depressing," he is quoted as saying.

"We have to bring in another music show. In the UK, there is more than one type running throughout the year and I think the same thing could happen [in the US], because for the fall, nothing really happens.

"It's something we've been thinking about. Maybe it will be X Factor. Maybe it will be something new."

Earlier this month, Cowell played down rumours that he is planning to quit American Idol after revealing that he is beginning to struggle with his hefty workload.
Source - DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a153634/cowell-i-may-launch-x-factor-in-us.html)

Harry!
23-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Simon just wants more money. Has he got enough on his plate already.

Adamw92
25-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Another show that they copy, i'm not suprised though, it's the best reality show on British TV

theapprentice
22-06-2009, 06:56 PM
He should take X Factor to America, maybe it will help destroy "American Idol" which is OLD!!