PDA

View Full Version : Dermot running London Marathon

James
19-02-2005, 01:39 PM
He's raising money for Terrence Higgins Trust

Welcome to my fundraising page.

Last year saw the highest number of people newly diagnosed with HIV since records began in 1982. There is still no cure.

Terrence Higgins Trust's mission is a simple one - to reduce the spread of HIV, improve the health and quality of life of people living with HIV and to promote good sexual health. A simple mission, but it all costs money.

I'm doing my bit on 17 April by running a gruelling 26 miles. And if that doesn't sound tough enough, check out the vest I've got to wear. Your bit's easy - just sponsor me as much as you can afford.

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Terrence Higgins Trust will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

So what are you waiting for?

Many thanks for your support.

Dermot
X

Fundraising page (http://www.justgiving.com/doshfordermot)

Amy
20-02-2005, 06:21 PM
:shocked: Thanks for that James :thumbs: Will have to sponsor the lovely, gorgeous guy.

Romantic Old Bird
21-02-2005, 07:31 AM
I heard him talking about his marathon training on Saturday. He described it as not so much training as long-term depression! OH and number one son are also training for the London (both fundraising for Leukaemia research for very salient reasons) and they say this description is spot on!

Of course I will be there cheering them on, now with another very special reason for standing in the cold and rain! A sighting of the delectable Dermie. AND what a plus for him! He might get to meet me again!:thumbs:

Amy
21-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
AND what a plus for him! He might get to meet me again!:thumbs:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :shocked:

He's mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :bawling:

Amy
14-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Just a reminder as I clearly forgot myself :shocked:but Dermot will be in the marathon this weekend so if anyone would like to sponsor him here is the link Just giving (http://www.justgiving.com/pages/?pid=99181)

Romantic Old Bird
14-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Yup, he must surely be counting the hours until we meet again.................

By the way Amy, did you know that after the London, finishers meet up with their loved ones under a tree in St James's Park with the initial of their surname on it?

OK, so there will be a fair few O-somethings, and he might just get whisked off into a celeb tent or something, but there are so many tens of thousands of people milling around, it's probably the best way even for him to find everyone. So if he can find the O tree........so can you!

Get yourself down there girl!

Amy
14-04-2005, 08:30 PM
:shocked: do you think he'll want to meet me :shocked:

BusyBee
16-04-2005, 07:04 PM
My son was going to run this year until he injured himself which meant he couldnt put in the training. Still he is determined to do so next year. Lets hope Dermot runs again cos I will there waiting under the O tree to congratulate my son. Roll on 2006.

And ROB behave yourself. You have no right to be anywhere near the O tree and we all know what you are like when you are let loose. Its taken you how many years to recover from the last time you came into contact with our Dermie. Remember you are not 100% fit yet and this could put you back several months. :hugesmile::hugesmile:

cc100
17-04-2005, 04:26 PM
wonder what time he got?

Amy
18-04-2005, 08:18 AM
He's raised quite a bit of money so that's really good going, will have to find out how he did though :thumbs:

BusyBee
18-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Amy message from that floozy ROB who had great pleasure in texting me to say that she had seen your husband and had had the cheek to blow him a kiss :shocked::devil: She says she got a smile and a wave back. :spin::spin:

She also asked me to inform you that he was looking stunning.

Your really cant let that female out alone can you:nono::nono:

Amy
18-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
Amy message from that floozy ROB who had great pleasure in texting me to say that she had seen your husband and had had the cheek to blow him a kiss :shocked::devil: She says she got a smile and a wave back. :spin::spin:

She also asked me to inform you that he was looking stunning.

Your really cant let that female out alone can you:nono::nono:

I may well cry now! I think a tantrum may also be on the cards! :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: RIGHT! That's it I'm sulking now.

Romantic Old Bird
18-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Amy:

Update in ten words on the experience:

DERMOT - GLISTENING WITH SWEAT - MUSCLES RIPPLING -
TWO FEET FROM ME!!!!!

He chugged up unnoticed by the masses and looked up straight at me when I called his name (and indeed blew a kiss at him).

I then had to turn to see the incredulous and pitying look from my future daughter in law who had obviously decided I was a sad, mad old bint.

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!

:love::love::hello::hello::love::love:

p.s I would guess he finished in about 4.09 as he passed me at 25 miles just over the 4 hours

Hooly One
18-04-2005, 09:41 PM
She's still going to sulk..lol:laugh:

Amy
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
Amy:

Update in ten words on the experience:

DERMOT - GLISTENING WITH SWEAT - MUSCLES RIPPLING -
TWO FEET FROM ME!!!!!

He chugged up unnoticed by the masses and looked up straight at me when I called his name (and indeed blew a kiss at him).

I then had to turn to see the incredulous and pitying look from my future daughter in law who had obviously decided I was a sad, mad old bint.

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!

:love::love::hello::hello::love::love:

p.s I would guess he finished in about 4.09 as he passed me at 25 miles just over the 4 hours

I'm so not talking to ROB :shocked: :laugh: :shocked:

Anyway here's his results .....

Dermot finishes 7747th!
Well done Dermot! He completed the marathon in 3hours 51minutes and 50seconds. For more information and to look up any runners times see the official marathon site, Dermot's listed under Sean D. O'Leary. Over £1,000 was raised for the Terrence Higgins Trust and Lighthouse and you still donate at Justgiving.com.

taken from Dermotoleary.net (http://www.dermotoleary.net/)