PDA

View Full Version : Advice? Please

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Ok. I really need some advice. Like alot tibb members know that I always go to scotland for like my holidays and everything. My mum wants our family to go for this 4 day weekend coming up (we have a teacher training day on friday) and i really really don't want to go. I have been invited to a theme park on the friday and a sleep over on the sunday and a birthday party on the saturday. I keep telling my mum how much i don't want to go and she always is like I dont care. its not just me that doesnt want to go but my sisters don't either. Seriously my parents don't get how much we don't want to go. They are so stubborn. They also don't get how much it depresses me. Thinking about going to scotland when ever we have free time really bugs me. I have missed like 6 parties because of always having to go there.

Anyway What I need advice is on how to actually tell my really stubborn parents how much I hate it there and how its unfair that they are taking some of my teenager life away. I know if I do I will be like crying and everything (:blush2:). Is there actually a way to tell them and let them realise how much I hate it there??

thanks in advance x

Annie
28-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Just try and tell them that you are growing up and had plans with some friends over the long weekend and that you dont enjoy going away all the time.

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 02:09 PM
thanks. I have done already but i will try again x

Novo
28-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Say that your friend wont go if you don't go

that she will feel quilty

bronaaaa
28-04-2009, 03:37 PM
MY mum's like that too, she never lets me out anywhere :bored:
Tryv licking up to her ?

NettoSuperstar!
28-04-2009, 03:38 PM
lock your parents in the garage shed friday....go to theme park/party...let them out sunday!

MichaelCracker
28-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I have one of 2 ideas

1) By 1000 pies and every 10 minutes pie them in the face until they understand
2) Talk to them, sit them down and ask if you can stay or for you all not to go. Say that you are getting to the point where you are becoming your own person and will want to do things on your own/with friends

GhettoSuperstar
28-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Give them a cheeky volvic and then their spirits will be so uplifted they will say yes to anything! :hugesmile:

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Lmao. Thanks guys x

lily.
28-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSuperstar
Give them a cheeky volvic and then their spirits will be so uplifted they will say yes to anything! :hugesmile:

+K for you sir. :thumbs:

Caitlin, I feel for you, but I guess the ony thing you can do is explain to them how you feel and hopefully they'll take it on board. Try to do it calmly though, cuz if you want them to treat you more like a grown up, tears won't help lol.. Good Luck Xx

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by lili
Originally posted by GhettoSuperstar

+K for you sir. :thumbs:

Caitlin, I feel for you, but I guess the ony thing you can do is explain to them how you feel and hopefully they'll take it on board. Try to do it calmly though, cuz if you want them to treat you more like a grown up, tears won't help lol.. Good Luck Xx

aww thanks x Are you a mum by any chance?? :blush2:

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 07:42 PM
THIS ISNT A BRACES THREAD!!:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawli ng::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::b awling:

JohnnyBB
28-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Ninastar
THIS ISNT A BRACES THREAD!!:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawli ng::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::b awling:

im crap lol

lily.
28-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm a mum yeah.. lol.. was it that obvious Caitlin? LoL

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by lili
I'm a mum yeah.. lol.. was it that obvious Caitlin? LoL

Lol. noo I was just like asking lol. I thought you maybe mentioned something on tibb about a daughter or something once?? I wasn;t sure if it was you tho x.

Anyway I was gunna ask you, If you were told by your daughter that she feels depressed cause of the choicer your making, how would you feel?

thanks x

lily.
28-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd understand. My kid is only 11, so it's early yet, but I remember what it was like being 15, and I didn't have to go on holiday with my parents... they trusted me to stay home for the week (with my 17 year old brother who shouldn't have been left in charge of a houseplant!)..

So, I would understand. I probably wouldn't like it, but you have to let go sometime, and at 15 (which I assume you are), you're almost an adult, so I think yer parents have to let go a bit and give you the choice here.

Again, it's just my take on things, but if you explain things calmly and nicely, hopefully they'll understand..

Ninastar
28-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Aww thanks lol x!
Thats really helped me! I will talk to my parents tommorow!! Seriosly thanks so much!! x

(I would plus your K now but i cant so I will do it later!!! x)

Ninastar
29-04-2009, 02:31 PM
ok.

I just tried to tell her about it but she wouldnt listen!

lily.
29-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Urgh..

Well, you tried, so I guess that's all you can really do. It's a shame she won't listen, but it's her call..

I'm sorry Caitlin.. :hug: