PDA

View Full Version : How far is TOO far?

SiaSiaSia
22-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Today I went to a comedy show as is every month, and my sister was there as well but we didn't go with her, she was with a group of friends.
Anyway it went a bit like this;

Beginning act; "OH HELLO, you look about 12!"
-Silence-
Beginning; "What's your name then?"
-Silence-
Beginning; "OOOoh she doesn't talk? -says tellytubbies jokes-"
-Silence-
Beginning; "So what IS your name?"
-Silence-
Mia; "piss off."
-Silence-
Beginning; -various things like "PISS OFF?! etcetc"

He then went on to talk about her top and how low it was etc.

She was humiliated but I personally think she provoked him.
He started getting a bit nasty every time he went on stage calling her "piss off girl" and everyone gave her a round of applause at the end.
She was really upset though.
I said she brought it on herself from sitting at the front but he maybe shouldn't have gone that far. She was like "I always sit at the front and they're nice to me"

She ended up complaining to the place where it was held though.

But what do you think? Overreaction?

lily.
22-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Comedy clubs are notorious for picking on the audience, so I guess she should expect it..

Best option is not to sit at the front.. in my view.

Lauren
22-05-2009, 11:02 PM
A good comedy act involves the audience, with a certain amount of tact-less comments.

A bad comedy act IS the audience, they rely on them, and insults in order to raise a few laughs.

I personally think he took it a bit too far, she's a young girl - she's easily upset.

SiaSiaSia
22-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by lili
Comedy clubs are notorious for picking on the audience, so I guess she should expect it..

Best option is not to sit at the front.. in my view.

Exactly my opinion!
She likes to think she's older and thinks all comedians will flirt with her, but I personally think they have the right to insult her - that's what sitting at the front entails.

Lauren
22-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Wait, I misread it. I thought she WAS 12, how old is she?

lily.
22-05-2009, 11:03 PM
How old is she?

SiaSiaSia
22-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
A good comedy act involves the audience, with a certain amount of tact-less comments.

A bad comedy act IS the audience, they rely on them, and insults in order to raise a few laughs.

I personally think he took it a bit too far, she's a young girl - she's easily upset.

Hahahahaha I know. I just think insulting her top was a bit over-the-top. Though it raised her down a peg or two! I think the first bit was very funny but every time after that it was just a bit unnecessary. I was also sitting next to this awful 43 year old man who kept calling my sister a slag and stuff and saying how she brought it on herself, but I dunno.
I'm really confused, my sister's really upset; but I think telling him to piss off was a REALLY bad idea!

SiaSiaSia
22-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Wait, I misread it. I thought she WAS 12, how old is she?
Originally posted by lili
How old is she?

15 (she likes to think she's older though, she always says she looks older than me. :|) they were like "Isn't that a bit young to be in here?!"

Hugo
22-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Oh my god.
I burst out laughing when I read that, and its not even supposed to be funny. LOL

Noel
22-05-2009, 11:18 PM
This is why I NEVER sit at the front of anything; not plays, not concerts, not debates, not ANYTHING. They scare me too much!
-bad experience as a child.. lol.

SiaSiaSia
22-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Bradley!
This is why I NEVER sit at the front of anything; not plays, not concerts, not debates, not ANYTHING. They scare me too much!
-bad experience as a child.. lol.

Hahahah I sit at the front but I'm always terrified of what they'll say. Bit of a contradiction in terms tbh