PDA

View Full Version : Smash Hits Poll Winners Party

Kaz
10-12-2001, 04:21 PM
Did anyone see that, although it was Eastenders who won 'Best TV Programme', Big Brother was one of the final four.

Not bad considering it was only on for 9 weeks!!

Well done Big Brother. :hello::hello::hello:

Feefs
10-12-2001, 04:35 PM
Agreed - EE was always going to be the winner, so I think it's great that BB was acknowledged in the final 4. I'm only disappionted we didn't see a clip.

Kaz
10-12-2001, 04:43 PM
Yep, that was disappointing - and no special guests presenting the awards either.

I was half hoping Helen & Paul might be there to present the awards for best male and female haircuts! :laugh:

LEE
10-12-2001, 05:03 PM
I did see a bit of it. I had it on in the background until the 'Best TV Prog' bit came on, and then turned it off as soon as I realised BB hadn't won anything.

Even though it didn't win I agree that it did really well to get to thefinal four as there were about 12 on the list that you could vaote for - can't remember what most of them were now.

It's a shame no-one from BB was there though.

:grin:

Mark
10-12-2001, 05:07 PM
When they showed BB was up for the award what clips did they show of it??

I missed it!

Mark

Kaz
10-12-2001, 05:10 PM
No clips shown, Mark - see above posts re this from Feefs and me. :grin:

Feefs
10-12-2001, 05:55 PM
The actual awards, the nominations and winners all seemed a wee bit incidental to the show. No one coming on to present them, no clips, not even a count-down.

It generally consisted of some-one saying 'Westlife' and the crowd getting over-excited.

Is it my imagination, or was Helen supposed to be covering this for Lorraine? I saw the political bloke from Big Breakfast doing his coverage of it. I wonder if Helen will take a similar approach?