PDA

View Full Version : X Factor Auditions Today. [I was there. Includes spoilers]

beanny
22-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I had tickets to be in the live auditions audience today and it was such a fun day!

All singers performed at least 2 tracks, some 3 with backing tracks.

Live audience made the atmosphere really energetic, but much more nervewracking for the auditionees!

Cheryl waved at me after I shouted I LOVE YOU CHERYL when it went quiet and I jumped up and waved. Ha! had to be done.:lovedup:

-There was a band of 3 called Triple Trouble (complete chavvy N-Dubz lookalikes) who got slated (they were crap) and booed off stage. They then had a strop and chucked their microphones on stage. Very entertaining.
-A boyband called LexiJoe were very good, great vocals but needed bit of training.
-A male singer with an afro called Jamie Archer - amazing singer sang Sex On Fire and was the best audition of the day according to Cheryl and Simon.

Not much news on Dannii and Louis, they were kind of ignored by the audience haha.:wink:

Any questions just ask, and I will try and get back to you.

I posted loads of twitpics on my twitter at twitter.com/thebeanboy23 :thumbs:

Spike
22-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Sounds interesting. Seen some of your pics the stage and setup looks good but i'm still not sold on the idea
Did the new format work better than the old audition format? Was it an exact copy of BGT auditions minus the buzzers of course?

Nicky.
22-06-2009, 09:26 PM
SO gutted I can't go to Birmingham!
I gave my tickets to Stacey off here :)

Matt
22-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by beanny

booed off stage.

Oh brilliant. That's the X Factor auditions ruined for me. :sad:

Glad you had a good day though :)

beanny
22-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Matt
Originally posted by beanny

booed off stage.

Oh brilliant. That's the X Factor auditions ruined for me. :sad:

Glad you had a good day though :)

Well we wernt actually supposed to boo but because of their immature chavvy attitude we did. It made my day.

beanny
22-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Sounds interesting. Seen some of your pics the stage and setup looks good but i'm still not sold on the idea
Did the new format work better than the old audition format? Was it an exact copy of BGT auditions minus the buzzers of course?

Erm Im not sure. I dislike how the audience make a reaction after everything the judges say. However, some aspects of it were good like lifting auditonees confidence by cheering for them etc.:spin2:

HCD
22-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Beanny! I'm heading down to Excel tomorrow to watch the auditions (got tickets). What time would you recommend I get down there? I'm really worried about not getting in. Was the queue crazy big?

Glad you had a good time - sounds hilarious I can't wai

Matt08
22-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by HCD
Hey Beanny! I'm heading down to Excel tomorrow to watch the auditions (got tickets). What time would you recommend I get down there? I'm really worried about not getting in. Was the queue crazy big?

Glad you had a good time - sounds hilarious I can't wai

You need to get there really early if you don't want to be turned away, unless you've got a priority pass of course.

HCD
22-06-2009, 10:31 PM
What's really early? - I've been known to queue for 10 hours when it mattered ;-) I'm going for the 5.15 slot will 4pm be too late do you think? Cheers

Matt08
22-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by HCD
What's really early? - I've been known to queue for 10 hours when it mattered ;-) I'm going for the 5.15 slot will 4pm be too late do you think? Cheers

Hmm, I guess you should get there about 3:45pm or somewhere near that time.

HCD
22-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Cool - thank you very much for the advice - I was about to get the camping stuff out and head down there immediately ;-)

beanny
22-06-2009, 10:41 PM
4 oclock is too late.
I went to the 2 o clock show and they turned away 500 people at the end of the line. The studio holds 2000.

Get there for 2ish Id say.

beanny
22-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Just added a lot more pictures of me with the judging panel bench, stage and more of the auditionees to my twitter

www.twitter.com/thebeanboy23

WoopieGeorge
23-06-2009, 12:52 AM
i was their too. TRIPPLE TROUBLE. did you see them have a little fight. haha and him chuck his micropohne lmao.

Tom4784
23-06-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm glad you had fun, is it a studio or a theatre? it looks quite big.

Tom
23-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks really good ... love the new desk as well

And sounds good, can't wait for it this year :tongue:

Indierock&roll
24-06-2009, 07:24 PM
noo i really didnt want it to hae an audience like bgt
its so cringey to watch if they get booed

Jack_
24-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Studio looks brilliant, as for the idea, not so brilliant. :sad:

I much prefer the atmosphere with just 4 judges and it's so much more funnier when they all burst out laughing in the middle of one of the bad singer's performances. On BGT you don't really get any of that because it's just "OFF! OFF! OFF" all the time.

kevinyeah
26-06-2009, 12:11 AM
guy today was really good.. called Nicolas

Jack_
15-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow it's weird looking back at this. This guy witnessed an audition that would be televised and a guy that made it to the Live Shows! Awesome :)