PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 11 - LISTEN TO US!

Marc
24-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Right...

So this series of Big Brother has been picked at and moaned about by us fans, I agree with some of the complaints, its not been a particularly amazing series this year. My understanding behind these continuing disappointments and let downs is that Big Brother aren't showing us fans what we want to see! I'm not suggesting that we all take over but a few questions here and there, listening to us a little more would help a great deal!

If they do make the next series of Big Brother [number 11] then they need to listen to us fans!! Numerous threads on this forum have suggested better ideas or better takes on existing ideas and with the falling ratings I would think that Big Brother would want to satisfy there remaining fans and try and bring back their lost fans. By giving their fans what they want then we are going to be more satisfied! Its kind of simple really, isn't it?

This is a serious thread I would really like some serious and debatable responses!

Lauren
24-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree!

One point I have to make is that I feel BB producers know what we want, they just don't execute it in the right way. We tell them we want them to be harsher... so they are, for a wee bit of time, and only slightly... They ruin their OWN twists, they are their own downfall. I have a feeling this is to do with the loss of previous fans, actual BB fans.

Of course Live Feed too, but that appeals only to super fans that go on forums. I'm talking about people who watch every night but who don't come on forums, the general public, the mass viewers - they are losing them cos of the execution of ideas.

I want BB11. I don't want BB to end, but I feel it needs to listen to it's fans too otherwise it'll die out with a bad memory.

That said; I do feel it will eventually come to a natural end anyway.

Jayson
24-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I like some of the ideas from fans, but alot are never gonna happen.
BB11 will be mediocre at best.

Marc
24-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Obviously the live feed is a major issue, if they were to listen to us fans then they would know that it should be brought back.

Scrubber
24-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Yawn the show is rubbish, thats me being serious:cloud:

Simone.
24-06-2009, 11:46 AM
They're definetely doing an 11th series, Davina's confirmed.

But I think you're right.
Clearly they're not doing something right this year since so many people have sqitched off.
I think next year I would love to see normal people, they just keep trying to put wacky people in & it's just not working.

I think for next year they've got to sort live feed, because what we're getting now is like credit crunch big brother.

Tom
24-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Its almost certainly going to be All Stars so they'll be able to use past ideas that have worked

Mystrios
24-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Just put me in that house :P

Marc
24-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Its almost certainly going to be All Stars so they'll be able to use past ideas that have worked

Could be couldn't it :sad:

Brekkie
24-06-2009, 03:10 PM
BB11 is too late - 4 series too late in fact.

The damage has been done with this series now. Clawing back a few hundred thousand viewers was certainly possible - clawing back over a million - no chance.

Tom
24-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Marcjswp
Originally posted by Tom

Could be couldn't it :sad:

Well if they're still contracted to another full series and a spin off to me it makes sense to have 13 week long BB11 over winter/spring and have a 4 week All Stars to round everything off in about August or September (including celebrities). It would make more sense than the suggested way of All Stars in winter then BB11 next year as usual, or a 13 week long All Stars series. the novelty would quickly wear off.

But looking at the top 10 for last week, BB is in 7 top 10 slots so Channel 4 are probably in a bit of a predicament about a renewal. Do they commit to another couple of series' and try to keep the ratings at their current levels, or do they axe the show for its own good and lose one of their highest ratings bankers?

Originally posted by Brekkie
BB11 is too late - 4 series too late in fact.

The damage has been done with this series now. Clawing back a few hundred thousand viewers was certainly possible - clawing back over a million - no chance.

There are at least 3m people watching this year so it is possible to get more people to watch and to get the ratings back in the high 2m range rather than the mid range they're currently on (talking of officials).