PDA

View Full Version : Influencing Nominations

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 06:43 PM
When Freddie was talking to Siavash about how Marcus thinks Lisa is influencing nominations, then with BB looking for evidence (apparently)....it makes me wonder if they did (without LF no-one would have seen anything so we can't argue any actual incidents) why then they actually are voting as a block and what Marcus said is actually happening, so sure its happening when they don't actually know the nominations themselves and how accurate they are. Can it really just be a coincident?

BJ
28-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Makes you wonder doesn't it:shrug:

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh, Junky you see conspiracy theories everywhere don't you?
You know that BB knows best and i am surprised that a man of your intelligence shoul question them!
:sleep:

Chels
28-06-2009, 06:46 PM
the producers jus love the slag gang. they want a final consisting of kris, dogface, karly, charlie + lisa :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HELLIWONTGO
Oh, Junky you see conspiracy theories everywhere don't you?
You know that BB knows best and i am surprised that a man of your intelligence shoul question them!
:sleep:

Im just wondering what they are judging as influencing. Is it really just chance they all vote the same, and often with similiar reasons. Maybe the HMs just don't have any individual thoughts.

vesavius
28-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I have been saying I suspected this now for 2 weeks, but last Fri made it concrete in my mind. Lisa is definitly leading Noms. No doubt.

The trouble is that if done right is isnt technically illegal. Against the spirit of the rules, yes, but not illegal.

If you are a strong leader and have a strong group of followers it is very easy to influence the Noms without talking directly about them. All she would have to say, sometime shortly before Noms, is "I really hate Freddie and Angel... Don't you". That would be just counted as garden variety bitching, but could easily be made very clear as a direction.

Part of the blame here has to fall on the individuals who have tried to play the game solo up to now, and thats a bad bad plan in BB. They should have been smarter and protected each other from the end of the first week, when the core Nastie group had already solidly formed.

I loathe Lisa et al, but I have to give them credit for playing the game well. Even Freddie recognised this and the fact that he had been out played.

The best they can hope now is to come together and focus their votes on Nasties in the hope that something goes badly wrong in the Nasty camp (Kris ****ing off Sophie for instance).

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh, that stopped me in my tracks, I will be serious now then
We had this discussion a while back and I think Lisa sits with her flock and says,
'I don't trust or like (whoever) and the sheep pick up on that, although it is rather strange that they give such similar reasons
Also they talk about nominations in a subtle but, to us anyway, obvious way, I'm sure in the past that they used to clamp down a lot more on this!
Quite a few members on here have said ch4 and Bb bosses don't really care anymore and I am starting to believe this now!:thumbs:

vesavius
28-06-2009, 06:57 PM
We had this discussion a while back and I think Lisa sits with her flock and says,
'I don't trust or like (whoever) and the sheep pick up on that, although it is rather strange that they give such similar reasons
Also they talk about nominations in a subtle but, to us anyway, obvious way, I'm sure in the past that they used to clamp down a lot more on this!
Quite a few members on here have said ch4 and Bb bosses don't really care anymore and I am starting to believe this now!:thumbs:

lol I'm sorry Hell, the lasty thing I want to make you is serious :banana:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Evening vesavius, I think thats whats made it so endearing though, the fact they don't vote as a group, they are all individuals and will stay like that, it may cause them to be evicted, but they stayed individual. Which is more important than the BB house, it least they can carry their heads.

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:01 PM

There was also the time after Siavash made Charlie not able to vote when Lisa and Karly (and I think one or two others) were speaking and Karly mentioned that it was two less votes for their side (didn't say side, but you could see it was what she meant).

HELLIWONTGO
Hi 'Vesavius' I like to be serious sometimes, well when the caffeine wears off, but you are right, and I don't believe that they can't prevent this happening
I suggest they monitor their chats closely then announce that they believe there are attempts to influence votes and then...........
I have to suggest this again, we get a free vote on all h/mates but vote to keep in, then we all know 2/3 that would be packing their bags!!

vesavius
Originally posted by Appearance_Of_A_Junky
Evening vesavius, I think thats whats made it so endearing though, the fact they don't vote as a group, they are all individuals and will stay like that, it may cause them to be evicted, but they stayed individual. Which is more important than the BB house, it least they can carry their heads.

Howdy Junky :xyxwave:

yeah you are right, but it has led them to being vulnerable. They arnt stupid, but they have been naive.

It is making great TV though imo, I love a good david vs Goliath story.

Someone make me a '300' banner with the Nerds as Spartans please? :tongue:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by vesavius

Howdy Junky :xyxwave:

yeah you are right, but it has led them to being vulnerable. They arnt stupid, but they have been naive.

It is making great TV though imo, I love a good david vs Goliath story.

Someone make me a '300' banner with the Nerds as Spartans please? :tongue:

Divided they stand. Together they Fall.

Its sad that its happening.

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi 'Vesavius' I like to be serious sometimes, well when the caffeine wears off, but you are right, and I don't believe that they can't prevent this happening
I suggest they monitor their chats closely then announce that they believe there are attempts to influence votes and then...........
I have to suggest this again, we get a free vote on all h/mates but vote to keep in, then we all know 2/3 that would be packing their bags!!

Hey you :xyxwave:

Yeah, definitly, that would be great, a one week special Nom would be good to break the power block and give the Indies a fighting chance. I have no probs with that.

It might even allow Siavash to stay in, which of course I want.

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Agreed

Chels
28-06-2009, 07:06 PM
RAWR.
alright boys :xyxwave:
felt like joining in :laugh:

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Chels.x
RAWR.

lol hey Chels :xyxwave:

Chels
28-06-2009, 07:10 PM
RAWR.

evening :D
how are you vesavius? lol :)

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:13 PM
RAWR.

You're always welcome Chels.x :wink:

Chels
28-06-2009, 07:14 PM
RAWR.

You're always welcome Chels.x :wink:
thank you junky :hugesmile: :hug:

boomoo
28-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Well whether Davina said there was no evidence might have been true until Late friday early Sat after the eviction of Angel.
karly and Lisa were sitting smoking and without reference to noms they said, there are still 3 obvious ones, and there was an agreement between the two on that. Then thye said after that it becomes harder.

The three obvious ones to them are Freddie, Marcus and Siewash.

Then all we are left with are preeners and smokers.

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:17 PM
This thread has now become the 'Hello Chels.x' thread :bigsmile:

Chels
28-06-2009, 07:17 PM
^^ "siewash" :joker:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by boomoo
Well whether Davina said there was no evidence might have been true until Late friday early Sat after the eviction of Angel.
karly and Lisa were sitting smoking and without reference to noms they said, there are still 3 obvious ones, and there was an agreement between the two on that. Then thye said after that it becomes harder.

I don't think BB will pull them up on that as no names were mentioned. Its wrong....

Chels
This thread has now become the 'Hello Chels.x' thread :bigsmile:
wooo! :dance:

HELLIWONTGO
Ok Hello again Chels.x and welcome to the chels.x appreciation society!!!:thumbs:

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 07:21 PM

I forgot about that, that sort of talk is always heppening and if they clamped down on it at the beginning it might stop a lot of it!!!

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:26 PM
RAWR.

evening :D
how are you vesavius? lol :)

I'm very good, though also very gutted I wasnt at Glazzy this year. I always get depressed a little when I have to watch it on TV, especially with mostly lovely weather :cloud:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Vesavius.

Okay I'd rather be there too, but its always a lot of money for (recently) poor lineups.

Also it would be too hot there, drinks cost a fortune, burning flesh and tents that become ovens by 5am.

Not forgetting the toilets.

Enjoy your bed tonight.

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:30 PM

I forgot about that, that sort of talk is always heppening and if they clamped down on it at the beginning it might stop a lot of it!!!

yeah for sure.

The problem is, like I say, is expressing that you hate 2 particular people to your allies under the guise of general bitchin prior to Noms isnt illegal under the rules. I just think the reason we have seen it more this year then ever before is because this is (maybe) the strongest and best led faction we have ever had.

Might not like the nasties, loathe them even, but you can't deny their game. They are playing very well.

Chels
Ok Hello again Chels.x and welcome to the chels.x appreciation society!!!:thumbs:

wayheyyyy :thumbs: lol!

vesavius
Vesavius.

Okay I'd rather be there too, but its always a lot of money for (recently) poor lineups.

Also it would be too hot there, drinks cost a fortune, burning flesh and tents that become ovens by 5am.

Enjoy your bed tonight.

lmao, youve actually made me feel better :cheer:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I remember one year, I was sitting in my tent rolling, when I heard a police radio just outside my tent, and it said there had been a theft of a ruck sack by a caucasian male, aged between 16-21 wearing blue jeans and a black tshirt. I had to stiffle my laughter until they were gone. After all there were about 100,000 people that matched that description.

Chels
28-06-2009, 07:33 PM
i am off now, byeeee everyone :xyxwave: x

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Vesavius.

Enjoy your bed tonight.

lmao, youve actually made me feel better :cheer:

....and trying to find your tent when drunk, tripping over guy ropes all over the place, when all you can remember is that its a blue tent next to two other blue tents.....too many blue tents.

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:34 PM
i am off now, byeeee everyone :xyxwave: x

We hope for more time next time.

The society was still having the welcoming cups of tea.

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 07:37 PM
We all know that a festival or gig is much better 'live' but the comfort of your own flat, your own toilet + as 'Junky' very rightly says your own bed is a pretty good compensation, also it is very expensive now!!

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh Chels.x I'd just put the kettle on and made you a bacon sandwich!!! lol:joker:

geoking66
28-06-2009, 07:39 PM
When housemates nominate together, it's not necessarily that they're influencing each other. Most of the time it's just who hangs out with whom and the people for whom the group shares a general dislike. Look at BB6, Maxwell and Saskia nominated together because they hated the same people, not because they actually discussed nominations.

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by geoking66
When housemates nominate together, it's not necessarily that they're influencing each other. Most of the time it's just who hangs out with whom and the people for whom the group shares a general dislike. Look at BB6, Maxwell and Saskia nominated together because they hated the same people, not because they actually discussed nominations.

I quite agree with you 'Geoking66' but although I didn't watch back then, alas they still need to try and reduce this because we are losing the stronger charactors far to early! :thumbs:

Appearance_Of_A_Junky
28-06-2009, 07:41 PM

but they did talk about who they hated and which two they hated the most. Its not hard to do.

The question is, is it right?

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:44 PM
We all know that a festival or gig is much better 'live' but the comfort of your own flat, your own toilet + as 'Junky' very rightly says your own bed is a pretty good compensation, also it is very expensive now!!

Of course you are both right, but I can't shake the feeling of my youth getting ever more distant from me lol... I would have loved to see The Specials.

It's bad when your favourite bands are always the ones making a comeback eh? :laugh:

HELLIWONTGO
28-06-2009, 07:45 PM
The Specials, that gave me a memory from my long and distant past!
I imagine they would be very good, still!

vesavius
28-06-2009, 07:50 PM

but they did talk about who they hated and which two they hated the most. Its not hard to do.

The question is, is it right?

Well, it isnt right, but it's legal I guess. Not a lot BB can really do about it now tbh.

I am also kinda thinking that it isnt right (thinking about it some more and all that) for BB to mess with the dynamics in the house... Would it really be any different if they made moves to keed the Indies in then when they kept Charlie U in previously? Look at the **** they got for that then... Havent made up my mind about that one yet... As a Siavash supporter it's a tough call for me.

All we can hope is for a schism to appear in the Nasties.. I have no doubt that Freddie can last the course, but I really want the others to be in as well.